• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Listening to Andy from RevPro on the Indy Corner podcast, he's asked about the WCPW thing - calls them "cheeky fuckers" and claims they'd previously told him they weren't interested in running London, then told him they wouldn't run the same week as him if they did run London and lastly said they wouldn't run the same side of London as RPW. A few months later, WCPW running London the day before RPW's joint shows with NJPW in a building 20 minutes down the road, lol.

somedevil

WWE held an invitation only tryout: 19 men, 19 women and one women referee.

20160929_PerformanceCenter_Tryouts--4a796d3ddf5cbff1b06b75c99cc3b531.jpg

Included in the tryout were Eddie Kingston, Shayna Baszler, Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, Nicole Savoy, and Cedric Rougeau son of the Mountie.

Steph wasn't as bad back then because she regularly got her comeuppance and was often made fun of by talent.

Now, she's pretty much untouchable and everyone just has to take shit from her. She's manages to use the show to stroke her own ego more than even her father at times.

Wasnt' she constantly fighting for credit of Smackdown, to the point they were saying things like "Steph's show, Smackdown,..."

The revionisit history of her and womans division is cracking me the hell up

Zach

WWE held an invitation only tryout: 19 men, 19 women and one women referee.

Included in the tryout were Eddie Kingston, Shayna Baszler, Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, Nicole Savoy, and Cedric Rougeau son of the Mountie.
Cool. I was just thinking about how they should have a female ref.

Zach

KroniK was bearable -- even halfway entertaining for a while -- but their heel turn, and Brian gah dang Adams getting time on the mic has ruined everything.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, all the Japanese people they hire are gonna be kept in NXT?

Why is Ibushi not on Raw with the rest of the vanilla midgets fighting over the purple belt?

Recall

Why is Ibushi not on Raw with the rest of the vanilla midgets fighting over the purple belt?

Did Ibushi sign a contract? I thought he refused so he is just doing the NXT dates that suit him.

AFAIK Ibushi didn't sign a long term deal with WWE

I think he'd be better in Smackdown, but regardless I think he'd fall flat on the main roster.

Didn't she beat up Tom Phillips once? For no reason?

Speaking of Tom Phillips I love the inconsistency of his height. One moment he's several inches taller than the 5'10 Charlotte and later on the same show in another interview guys like Jericho who is like 5'10 in lifts on his best day and Owens tower over him. All because of this silly "interviewers can't be taller than the male wrasslers" thing Vince is apparently hung up on.

Speaking of Tom Phillips I love the inconsistency of his height. One moment he's several inches taller than the 5'10 Charlotte and later on the same show in another interview guys like Jericho who is like 5'10 in lifts on his best day and Owens tower over him. All because of this silly "interviewers can't be taller than the male wrasslers" thing Vince is apparently hung up on.
lW19aKcl.jpg

Exactly and it's not like they're fooling anyone by having him do it.
Bret Hart in WCW - via Wrestling with Wregret

Man, was this guy underused.

Didn't click but yeah what to do with Bret is one of those "no brainer" things but unfortunately WCW had no brains. I don't remember exactly how it was said but Vince and I think Bret both knew that despite how much money Bret would make they wouldn't know what to do with him. The introduction and first year of his in WCW was so easy to figure out back then even without the benefit of hindsight and they did none of it. I still strongly believe the nWo should've ended in 1998 with Sting starting the dismantling with squashing Hogan at Starcade, Bret in the middle and then Goldberg being the one to put the final nail in the coffin just as it seemed like the nWo was about to make some sort of comeback. But nope, egos and bullshit.

Anth0ny

if they're so caught up on that shit just stick to petite female interviewers? and don't hire tall dudes?

hqdefault9lsho.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The weird thing is that you would have expected Vince to tell Tom to stand at his full height for the cruiserweights to emphasize that they're tiny. Hell, I would have expected Vince to bring in Noelle Foley wearing heels to interview the cruiserweights.

klonere

Banned
Just drop over a grand on a new PC.

I think this is the first time in my life I've spent more than a thousand euro on myself.

Top Bottom