• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

kiguel182

Raw going crazy and becoming so bad it's good is way better than being just boring bad.

There's too much wrestling, every promo sounds the same, every match feels the same, everything is boring.

They need to change things up badly for the product to be interesting.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fall TV season has started and Smackdown is only gonna tank harder and harder once all the shows are back in a few weeks.

So much good TV that isn't shit 90% of its runtime to watch instead of WWE? No chance in hell, they've got.

Barrage

Raw going crazy and becoming so bad it's good is way better than being just boring bad.

There's too much wrestling, every promo sounds the same, every match feels the same, everything is boring.

They need to change things up badly for the product to be interesting.

Agreed on too much wrestling and too much scripting.

They desperately need guys that can cut promos. A show with bad or short wrestling/ good promos goes down much easier than the alterntive. And feels shorter.

They need to back up the money truck for the Hardy Men. I love Shinsuke and Joe, but they ain't the answer for what ails them. Noone in NXT is.

Not surprised at the Smackdown rating. Lot of bad stuff on that show too marks.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but Diva promos make me go

DNntyw.gif

Fzp6VQm.png

KDndgbG.png

welp

this is the same promotion that went into Newcastle, which has 5 other promotions running, and ran a show with Del Rio for £5 a ticket

kiguel182

Agreed on too much wrestling and too much scripting.

They desperately need guys that can cut promos. A show with bad or short wrestling/ good promos goes down much easier than the alterntive. And feels shorter.

They need to back up the money truck for the Hardy Men. I love Shinsuke and Joe, but they ain't the answer for what ails them. Noone in NXT is.

I agree. Especially when all the matches follow the same formula. It's all just too much.

They need every segment to feel different to keep people engaged for three hours.

And now with the extra PPVs is even worse.

Luschient

Anyone ever accidentally leave the TV on after Raw/SD is over only to wander back into the room 20 mins later to Chrisley Knows Best?

Fuck is this show?

the real question is, why is the Presidential Debate going against MNF? don't they know any better?
The debates are going to curbstomp MNF. http://www.wsj.com/articles/ad-buye...ill-take-a-bite-out-of-nfl-ratings-1474365602

When Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton duke it out across networks that night, ad buyers predict viewership for the debate may be up anywhere from 20% to 50% from the 67 million people who watched Democratic incumbent President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Gov. Mitt Romney in the first presidential debate in 2012.

Fzp6VQm.png

KDndgbG.png

welp

this is the same promotion that went into Newcastle, which has 5 other promotions running, and ran a show with Del Rio for £5 a ticket

The sad thing is, this won't go like ICW's pathetic attempts to "step on people's toes" in London - ICW were largely going for the same audience as all the local promotions at the same price, whereas WCPW's audience seem like WWE fans who aren't largely aware of the British indies, but are potential prospective customers for the local promotions. WCPW'll just undercut everyone and fly-in a bunch of imports.

*edit, and of course Alex Cunting Shane is involved with them. Fucker's determined to make British wrestling a success as long as he gets to take the credit.

shingi70

Banned
Fzp6VQm.png

KDndgbG.png

welp

What's wrong with undercutting other indies. I know they have the whatxkultre dollar behind them, but WCPW only has a few big names right.

What's wrong with undercutting other indies. I know they have the whatxkultre dollar behind them, but WCPW only has a few big names right.

One's a vanity project with enough money to do random London shows and randomly get Bischoff and Minoru Suzuki and Jay Lethal etc

Meanwhile there's actual London indies who can barely do a show at home a month and could really benefit from wrestling fans in the area having a good month but oops never mind WCPW's poster just went above theirs and also they booked a closer building to most of our fans welp at least they were kind about it with only the week's worth of notice that we were fucked

What's wrong with undercutting other indies.

Other indies simply can't afford to run shows that cheap, or to fly-in imports on shows they know will make a loss. WCPW have a huge youtube following and backing that evidently allows them to offset any losses, but other indies have built their own following on the back of GOOD wrestling products, not some fucking "top 10 best" video bullshit.

But credit where credit's due, they do use a lot of British wrestling talent and it's great to see those guys getting more exposure - however, if the scene is to grow as a whole some moneybags undercutting everyone isn't going to help matters. WCPW aren't the reason for the indie wrestling boom in Britain, they're just benefiting from it.

You firesale the area for other promotions, you make fans expect a caliber of show with a bunch of imports for a cheap price, so either

you do really well, and force out other promotions from an area they're established in

or you fail/decide not to keep running, but you've set the price low for the area, so others have to either match it without the whatculture money to piss away, or keep their prices high, while fans will think they're over charging.

i mean sure, yay capitalism and free market and all that bollocks, they're not doing anything wrong, but, you know, don't be a bawbag.

oh, fucks sake, I just looked at the date of that WCPW show, it's literally the day before Rev Pro's two New Japan shows. What jeb ends.

Top Bottom