• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

STARDOM's 5* GP Finals starting now over at; http://psp-tv.com/r/pod

(1) – Kaori Yoneyama vs. Kris Wolf
(2) – Kairi Hojo vs. Hiromi Mimura
(3) – Mayu Iwatani, Momo Watanabe & Jungle Kyona vs. Kyoko Kimura, Kagetsu & TBA
(4) – SWA World Championship - Toni Storm (c) vs. Blue Nikita
(5) – World of Stardom Championship - Io Shirai (c) vs. Kay Lee Ray
(6) – 5* Grand Prix Final - Yoko Bito vs. Tessa Blanchard

Love me some kris wolf. Will have to get stardom world for the rest

I need to see this match

Michinoku Pro ran a weekend masked tournament which ended on 9/19 in Yahaba (and shocker of shockers, drew 919 fans) with Caristico as the big outside star. Caristico beat Revolucion in the finals, who was unmasked as Dick Togo.

I lurk a lot but I just wanted to thank this thread for introducing me to The Lapsed Fan, favorite podcast going right now.

It's always fun seeing people discover the podcast through the Meltzer clips. I started with John Du Pont. Instantly sold
Welcome, friend.

17889%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20hugging%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwf.gif

PS: don't post a fave five. All that's used it to try and bury you. My longevity in wrassleGAF is all due to me never posting a wrassler fave five.

Zach we might get CAPTIAN MIKE ROOOOOOOOTUNDO BACK

This may not happen, especially since it would be months away if it does happen, but there’s been a pitch for Benjamin, Swagger and Ziggler as a Varsity Club/shooters type group on Smackdow

pt986kjsqzmx.jpg

My first real belt came today-Custom

Today I received something I've wanted for a long time- a championship belt. As a wrestler and gamer I decided to marry the 2.

A few years ago I won the GenCon retro game tournament and it was a pretty good feeling accomplishment. So I decided to have this made to commemorate the event.

I had the champion on the center plate designed after the Nintendo logo on the Black Box games. Coins are scattered around the belt, with 2 piranha flowers coming up the sides.

The game that sealed the deal for me was Mike Tysons punch out it put me so far out in the lead that I really had to try to lose. So one of the side plates has little mac in his win pose. I also have a signed boxing glove from Mike Tyson and a mint copy of Mike Tysons Punchout CIB to display with the belt when things get settled down.

The last side plate has a smaller NES controller a SMB2 invincibility star and the dagger from Ghost n Goblins. This plate represents my family. The star is for my dad, who died when I was 10. He bought me SMB2 as a surprise and it become one of my favorite games. With that star, I'm invincible.

The dagger is for my mom. My mom passed away at 74 in May of this year. In 2009 she was diagnosed with Lung cancer and we had the year from hell. Against all odds and then saying she only had a couple years, she last 7 more, and she didn't even die from the cancer. She had cancer 4 times in her life and overcome it each time. The definition of a fighter. When she became unable to work, she played the Wii, possibly more than anyone else ever. It was on night and day because she hardly slept. But her favorite game was Ghost n Goblins. She never beat it, but she could continually get further than she had any business to haha. She despised the fire and loved the dagger, it was her favorite weapon. A fitting weapon for a fighter.

Mom was excited to see this belt. It saddens me that she didn't get to hold it and take a goofy picture with it in her Lucha mask on.

TL;DR Won a tourney, got a belt, shed a tear for my mom.
https://m.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/53wwmz/was_told_you_would_appreciate_this_my_first/

Cagey

Banned
Zach we might get CAPTIAN MIKE ROOOOOOOOTUNDO BACK

I find pipebombs as passe as you do, friend, but I loved the opening segment because I didn't read it as a pipebomb. I saw it as Ziggler shedding all the showoff bullshit and remembering that he's "Nasty" Nick Nemeth, who has legit shoot credentials. It struck me as a marvelous character recalibration.

dream, do you think this means jake hager has a chance?

I've been pulling for "Jagged" Jake Hager to get another run at the top for years, and I think now is probably the best time for it. Have him lay out Fin on Raw after Summerslam and tell him he's going to stretch that Universal Championship away from him.

Amazing.

We doing podcast wars? Cause John Pollock and Wai Ting are the real ones. So is the Powerbombcast whenever they want to do an occasional episode.

The cuppa hatahs can suck it, Alex Navarro is the best. You know who you are.

Dave confirmed the Ricochet stuff looks to be long term New Japan, with them having big plans ahead for both him and the trio of Cole/Bucks

Tagyhag

If the WWE women worked like that the demand for them to main event mania would be there.

I'm still clinging to the hope that Hojo will be in WWE some year.

Asuka vs Hojo would be the best women's match in the history of the company. Not even exaggerating.

Honestly, there's about 3 or 4 of the STARDOM roster I'd put above most women in WWE. Also, Toni Storm's going to be in NXT within a year or two, seems tailor made for WWE.

Matt Hardy has gotten feelers from intermediaries that HHH wants him when his contract expires, which would be next spring. The problem is that he’s got pretty much creative control of his character here in TNA, plus can make his own schedule and he does extremely well on the indie scene, particularly when you throw in merchandise. With WWE there’s the killer schedule which probably isn’t the best thing for him physically right now. Granted, if something happens to TNA, that equation changes because he’s loaded with ideas for his character and he would need television to get them over

Well how about that.

Blimey, Tessa Blanchard just got exposed in the STARDOM main event. STARDOM's scatter gun approach to gaijin talent doesn't always work, have to think Tessa wouldn't have been in tournament final if Hojo didn't get hurt.

Matt Hardy is the living, breathing, embodiment if why you should never want WWE to buy TNA, regardless of easy access to network content.

Fox318

Only way to get control of your own booking in WWE is to demand huge money.

Matt would get fucked over and frankly they can control their own booking schedule.

Fox318

HHH is about to offer Matt creative control in NXT.
He as well as guys like Austin refusing to job to HHH or refusing some of Vinces scripted lines is what should be encouraged from talent.

Yeah there are moments when a talent will be wrong and somebody has to tell them they have to job but the performer should have control over getting themself over.

Anth0ny

I wish they trusted a guy like Hardy enough with creative control + an easier schedule. He's done enough for WWE to deserve it.

Fox318

I wish they trusted a guy like Hardy enough with creative control + an easier schedule. He's done enough for WWE to deserve it.
They kinda do with the New Day.

And with acts like that they should pull the plug or make them lose the belt but those merch numbers and the suits are telling Vince no.

New Day have been part of the 2 worst segments this year and frankly they have their fingerprints all over it.

Has everyone gotten bored of new day? I can't kept up with this thread y'all move fast.

I'm bored of new day. It's all just hey remember this reference! You liked that growing up right.

I don't like any of the tag teams in raw since wwe has killed any momentum that Gallows and Anderson had.

What, don't like Renee smiling as the heel cuts a promo? Even worse when people cannot even look at the camera.

How to do an interview WWE style:

"[wrestler] you [just had a match with/have a title shot against/were attacked by] [wrestler], what are your thoughts?"

*Wrestler then says some overly scripted, irrelevant promo whilst looking at something off camera*

Has everyone gotten bored of new day? I can't kept up with this thread y'all move fast.

I'm bored of new day. It's all just hey remember this reference! You liked that growing up right.

I don't like any of the tag teams in raw since wwe has killed any momentum that Gallows and Anderson had.
Gallows and Anderson need a third person. Just to even out the odds.

Blimey, Tessa Blanchard just got exposed in the STARDOM main event. STARDOM's scatter gun approach to gaijin talent doesn't always work, have to think Tessa wouldn't have been in tournament final if Hojo didn't get hurt.

Tessa Blanchard in getting exposed by joshi workers shocker.

Also, every time I see Shibata, I think ciabatta.

yeesh, that doesn't sound good. Who's been doing well of the Brits/Yanks over there?

yeesh, that doesn't sound good. Who's been doing well of the Brits/Yanks over there?

Toni Storm & Kay Lee Ray are doing very well at the moment, KLR had a fantastic match with Io on today's show. Also, apparently Tessa was being physically abusive to Courtney Stewart (Tommy End's girlfriend) to the point that Courtney left the tour without telling anyone and flew home.

The only wrasslin' podcast I listen to is Sidewalk Slam, and that's mainly because I enjoyed their other stuff before they launched the podcast.

I did listen to Videogamer's one too, but that seems to have ceased since Miller is off doing everything - including becoming a wrassler himself.

As for Hardy, in a perfect world I'd love to see him back in the 'E, but I don't think they'd give him the creative control he needs and even if they did, I'm not sure how much BROKEN Matt would received by the crowds (that don't know about him already)

Top Bottom