• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Toni Storm & Kay Lee Ray are doing very well at the moment, KLR had a fantastic match with Io on today's show. Also, apparently Tessa was being physically abusive to Courtney Stewart (Tommy End's girlfriend) to the point that Courtney left the tour without telling anyone and flew home.

Fuck that then, I clearly haven't been keeping up on the indy dirt. Courtney seemed pretty good at the one EVE show I saw.

I still can't get over Otunga leaving us hanging on the Rikishi story.

"And on set, I ran into their father Rikishi, who told me what that's all about."

Lmao.

Line gets cut off and he forgets to turn the page. Otunga has no business being in the position he is when it comes to commentary.

If the WWE women worked like that the demand for them to main event mania would be there.
If the women in WWE worked like that they'd all be retiring within a year or two unless it was saved for big shows.
What, don't like Renee smiling as the heel cuts a promo? Even worse when people cannot even look at the camera.
Camera? Even when being interviewed there is no camera, it's... MAGIC!
How to do an interview WWE style:

"[wrestler] you [just had a match with/have a title shot against/were attacked by] [wrestler], what are your thoughts?"

*Wrestler then says some overly scripted, irrelevant promo whilst looking at something off camera*
Mmm exposition!
Toni Storm & Kay Lee Ray are doing very well at the moment, KLR had a fantastic match with Io on today's show. Also, apparently Tessa was being physically abusive to Courtney Stewart (Tommy End's girlfriend) to the point that Courtney left the tour without telling anyone and flew home.

If true that's another mark against Tessa and further support for her having a poor attitude. Keeping up the family tradition.

Raw64life

I'm falling behind on NJPW. Just looked at the card and noticed lots of multi man tags.

They basically took a PPV caliber card and split it into 3 separate events. So every event in a bunch of tag matches and then 2 or 3 PPV caliber matches at the end. I didn't watch today's yet but when I watched Destruction in Tokyo I pretty much skimmed through everything except the last 2 matches.

To truly honor Shootember, let us honor the Gracie Hunter, Kazushi Sakuraba:
519z8ESUJvL.jpg

What a badass poster for a show.

Omega cut a promo after the match, saying that he admires YH’s heart but he still did the J-double-oh-B. He called Goto “Goto Hell." He wants to stand here and challenge him when he beat him at the G1? He asked the fans if they wanted the match. They cheered, which caused him to say “Goto Hell” again He said he’d think about it.

No one takes the L like Hirooki Goto.

Meanwhile, Sakuraba's GIS results are dominated by him getting worked like a chump thanks to his recent fights. But here is a more glorious moment:
tumblr_nolyoe69ZU1u2ragso1_500.gif

They basically took a PPV caliber card and split it into 3 separate events. So every event in a bunch of tag matches and then 2 or 3 PPV caliber matches at the end. I didn't watch today's yet but when I watched Destruction in Tokyo I pretty much skimmed through everything except the last 2 matches.

Ah ok. I don't mind them, in rare cases, but when I need to watch another friggin Guerillas of Destiny tag match

What's the heat on WCPW? Have they managed screw up worse then ROH did with preston?

This article is a pretty good rundown. Essentially they rocked up into Newcastle and undercut everyone on ticket prices for a show with Del Rio and top tier Brits on, and are doing the same for an Angle and Minoru Suzuki show (Angle is incidentally also the big draw for ICW's show in the same arena WWE are running TV in).

They've now announced they're coming to London, so the native promotions that built London are getting worried.

They also announced that show on 6 weeks notice, scheduled the day before Rev Pro's 2 big New Japan shows in London.

I'm falling behind on NJPW. Just looked at the card and noticed lots of multi man tags.
I tend to just skip those quite honestly. Haven't watched Destruction yet but the only matches I'm even interested in on the Hiroshima show are the Omega and Bucks matches. Maybe Cole V Ospreay but I don't watch ROH.

Also why does Marufuji get a title shot but Fale doesn't? They both beat Okada at the G1.

gun_haver

This article is a pretty good rundown. Essentially they rocked up into Newcastle and undercut everyone on ticket prices for a show with Del Rio and top tier Brits on, and are doing the same for an Angle and Minoru Suzuki show (Angle is incidentally also the big draw for ICW's show in the same arena WWE are running TV in).

They've now announced they're coming to London, so the native promotions that built London are getting worried.

They also announced that show on 6 weeks notice, scheduled the day before Rev Pro's 2 big New Japan shows in London.

WCPW are fucked if they think they're gonna undercut ICW in Glasgow.

Thanks. £5? Jesus.

May go to bethnal green for invasion if it doesn't sell out just on general principle.

WCPW are fucked if they think they're gonna undercut ICW in Glasgow.

I mean they're doing it in Manchester, but sure. It's not like ICW don't step on toes, they did their best to muscle into Newcastle and Manchester, but at least they did it at a fair price.
Thanks. £5? Jesus.

May go to bethnal green for invasion if it doesn't sell out just on general principle.

Yeah, I mean I've my own salty issues with Rev Pro rn over the Vader debacle, though I'm cooling off after hearing Ospreay's side of the story, but they deserve your attention in London

I'm watching this Swann vs. Dorado match from Main Event this week, and they are doing the CWC thing of patting down the competitors and having them shake hands before the match.

Oh, it would be nice if WWE would drop the whole "I spoke with _____ _____" or whatever thing because, no you didn't, shut up. I mean, yeah it's just a piece of corn in the mountain of feces that is modern WWE commentary but it's just another thing that encapsulates the problem with it.

Recall

Again those who want Matt in WWE and expect him to be the same as in TNA are in denial and crazy.

Matt would just be another roster member which creative don't know what to do with and will just end against the CWC guys on Main Event and dark matches.

How do I know this? It happens every fucking time. Stop expecting things to be different for a random mid carder who had finally found a character elsewhere.

ReiGun

Broken Matt would work great in WWE as an authority figure. Imagine Vanguard 1 flying in to deliver match stipulations and Senor Benjamin setting up all the gimmick matches aka "preparing the battlefield for massacre."

Oh, it would be nice if WWE would drop the whole "I spoke with _____ _____" or whatever thing because, no you didn't, shut up. I mean, yeah it's just a piece of corn in the mountain of feces that is modern WWE commentary but it's just another thing that encapsulates the problem with it.

That happens in real sports commentary all the time though. Like that is one of the smallest possible problems with their commentary.

Has everyone gotten bored of new day? I can't kept up with this thread y'all move fast.

I'm bored of new day. It's all just hey remember this reference! You liked that growing up right.

I don't like any of the tag teams in raw since wwe has killed any momentum that Gallows and Anderson had.

New Day needs to be on the chase.

ReiGun

New Day needs to be on the chase.
And compelling opponents. The Wyatt feud was good because there was actual drama and at least some attempt at stakes, poorly defined as they were.

All their other feuds are just "lololololol New Day wins." The Club feel like complete jokes now.

Exposed how?

Exposed, as in: she's far from ready to be main eventing Korakuen Hall, let alone signing for WWE. But she's a "3rd generation superstar", so I doubt it'll be too long before she's signed regardless of whether she figures out the whole wrestling thing or not. Her opponent today was less experienced than her, plus Tessa was playing the heel so she had to guide the match - I honestly can't recall a Korakuen main event as lacklustre as that, especially for a tournament final. Also, Yoko may be inexperienced, but one of Stardom's 16 year old trainees got a better match out of her than Tessa did.

Exposed, as in: she's far from ready to be main eventing Korakuen Hall, let alone signing for WWE. But she's a "3rd generation superstar", so I doubt it'll be too long before she's signed regardless of whether she figures out the whole wrestling thing or not. Her opponent today was less experienced than her, plus Tessa was playing the heel so she had to guide the match - I honestly can't recall a Korakuen main event as lacklustre as that, especially for a tournament final. Also, Yoko may be inexperienced, but one of Stardom's 16 year old trainees got a better match out of her than Tessa did.

Damn. At first I thought a 3rd Gen wrestler would have more experience. I'm going to look for this match. Thank you.

Top Bottom