• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Nekofrog

Banned
The brand split is a godsend for me. I'm about to tap out on raw entirely because of how long and boring it gets on a consistent basis, but I love sitting down to watch smackdown because I know that even on a middling show its over before you know it and on a good showay I'm left wanting more.

Even on the rare night that raw crosses into good show territory, I still want to slit my throat as we get halfway into hour 3 because goddamn it's not even OVER yet, and I'm left being so tired of wrestling. Wife and I have started to just not watch like 60% of raw and just have tablet time while we wait for something fun to come on the screen. Last two weeks we haven't even endured to the main event.

#team smackdown
#team alexa

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Matt Hardy didn't exist, Miz would be the most improved of 2016 meanwhile Dean Ambrose would be the drizzling shits winner

wrestling is weird as hell

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, still not on that Miz Train. Some of you rascals are so easily enamored.

image.php

Nekofrog

Banned
I'd like to see Joe come up as a surprise opponent for the miz on a ppv, squash him like a fucking bug, and then return to nxt and lord a wwe title over nakamura in his absence, stating that his title is more prestigious and valuable. They could wind up having a title vs title match and idc who wins, then callups for both almost immediately after that. This would have to start like next week or something though.

It'd have to happen soon so they could be called up in a short time window. I just think an out of the box idea like an nxt guy coming up for one night to take a wwe title back to nxt (for only a month or two before callups) is a fun idea.

This could serve to build the miz even further as now people are ragging on him left right and center for losing a wwe title to nxt until it builds to a head on a rematch when the callups happen.

Our you see a pissed, over the edge miz who does a one night nxt appearence to get his title back but loses. That'd be cool

Did Cena's title run have a good storyline attached to it though? At one point it seemed like it was just the spot for surprise entrants during his invitational.

Strax

no, it would still work now if it was the 'real rock' but when he comes back he just smiles and plays to the crowd. the thing that made the rocky work is that he seemed like he couldn't care less, or was even aware, of what other people thought. when rock comes back now it's just dwayne johnson and that's straight trash. you can't do a nostalgia appearance when your character is 'i live in a different world and don't care what you think.'.

The Rock character in 2016 would be the corniest wrestler in the WWE, by a mile, if he didn't come in with 100% new angle and a new style.

cordy

Banned
Damn.
Taken from cagematch.net, here's the rest of the top 10 wrestlers across all promotions who currently has wrestled the most matches.

Dean Ambrose (WWE) - 146
Isami Kodaka (DDT) - 143
Volador Jr. (CMLL) - 143
Kevin Owens (WWE) - 138
YAMATO (Dragon Gate)- 136
AJ Styles (WWE) - 134
Brahman Kei (Michinoku Pro) - 134
Brahman Shi (Michinoku Pro) - 134
Daisuke Sekimoto (BJW) - 134
Ultimate Guerrero (CMLL) - 134

Ambrose is going to get a hell of a check.

gun_haver

why do people say joe vs brock would be believeable? because he's a fat samoan like mark hunt? is joe legitimately tough or what? i mean i like joe but he doesn't read as 'actually a tough fighter' to me.

why do people say joe vs brock would be believeable? because he's a fat samoan like mark hunt? is joe legitimately tough or what? i mean i like joe but he doesn't read as 'actually a tough fighter' to me.

Are you serious!?

Joe looks like of the most believable bad asses in the organization right now.

gun_haver

uh oh looks like i've made a horse's ass out of myself then...

i do want to see that match people just seem dead set on it in a way that is unusual to me.

Top Bottom