• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That was kind of weak as far as standing ovations go, some are still not sure he's totally face.

The issue is that he's a heel who is a babyface by default because he's mad at a heel.

If they were going to do a stoppage finish they should have done it then, it would have been convincing for sure.

Except if they did that it wouldn't make any sense for Sheamus to not win

Sephzilla

Star Wars kind of sucks though.

You're not wrong.

7bq7WmS.gif

Star Trek > Star Wars. Then, now, forever.

The Young Bucks have as many 5 star matches as AJ Styles

think about that when you think about your precious Meltzer

It's one man's opinion, people get too carried away with this star rating shit - they're ENTIRELY worthless unless you know the likes and dislikes of the person reviewing and, even then, it's still just his opinion. How much weight that opinion carries is up to you.

Sephzilla

Weird how something being shoved in your face for most of your entire life maybe makes you get a little tired of it.

Are you 20 years or younger or something? Because I went about 12 years into my life w/out much in the way of Star Wars being shoved in my face until the 20th anniversary re release in theaters in 1997

If you're some young pup who hasn't shaken anyone's hand yet, then I understand because between 2000-2005 it was everywhere

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrasslegaf has always been right about you Data. You really are the worst.

I hope CMLL and AAA fold and they get bought out by Jim Cornette and he fires all cruiser weights.
ixI1dF1.gif

swerve: I don't even like the cruiserweights in Mexico all that much so you're just leading them to the end-game goal of every main event being technical maestro vs maestro and bloody old luchadore fights

IE 5 stars every match

Foffy

Banned
Wouldn't even mind if it lead to an Anderson singles run. I feel bad for the guy, he's always used as the fall man and I think he's decent enough.

The problem is in WWE, both Gallows and Anderson are literally neutered NJPW talent. They do promos on testicles, and they're the ones who lost those in WWE.

You're not going to see F-bomb heels wrecking shit in WWE, and that's not even considering in WWE the Gunstun is a non-starter moveset wise.

We will never hear Gallows call Shinsuke "Shitsuke" in a match on WWE programming. :(

As a newer NJPW watcher, what makes this so bad/good/whatever?

TBH right now the Bullet Club is lame as shit to me. None of the guys get over with me other than Omega and Fale.

Captain New Japan is, perhaps, the blandest talent signed to NJPW, next to Tiger Mask one of the dudes in Suzuki-gun who comes out to Moi Dix Mois.

He has no genuine reason in the BC. Then again, you can name like four dudes who that already applies to that are in the group.

klonere

Banned
Smackdown isn't stupid, buddy Klonere. Alexa's great but she isn't ready for a title reign, but is also the perfect partner for Becky's first title defense.

Good to see someone see's sense here

I mentioned Wrestlemania 2000 being the death of wrestling but no specific shout out.

Did you see Barnett's tweet today?

Jesus. They never learn.

They are trying to fight the biggest TV event of the year lmao

OpyNXN3.gif

Screw you beef. This is crap!
Them editing in Han's head dodge was dumb, but it don't change the fact that Greedo shot first. He's a lousy shot, but he went first all the same. How some people make this into a big issue regarding Han's characterisation confuses me, but then I remember that all Star Wars fans are insane.

Sephzilla

Them editing in Han's head dodge was dumb, but it don't change the fact that Greedo shot first. He's a lousy shot, but he went first all the same. How some people make this into a big issue regarding Han's characterisation confuses me, but then I remember that all Star Wars fans are insane.

Well... It is kind of a big character point though. Han's the only character who actually has an arc in the first movie - going from a cold merc to a hero. Him straight up gunning down Greedo was supposed to be the moment that gets established. But George Lucas had to edit it to make Greedo shoot first because the prequels showed us he apparently has no idea how his own characters work.

For a wrasslin' parallel - it would be like retconning WWE history to say that Randy Savage never became the Macho King, but the reunion with Miss Elizabeth still happened.

Top Bottom