• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched La familia de Tijuana vs Los Infernales from 2002 featuring baby Averno and baby Mephisto.
fdssdfdsfdsfsek4b.gif

I usually don't enjoy 6 mans all that match beyond what they're supposed to be, filler that usually has a feud or two inside of it to build up to the 1vs1 match, but this was pretty fun to watch. It was kind of funny to see the dudes who looked like mall goth satanists vs the guys named after satanism. Averno and Mephisto were decent but they were mostly there as young boys/geeks. The feud was clearly leader Satanico vs leader Psicosis/Nicho. But Los Inferanles had some fun triple threat tags and Satanico was old grumpy manning it up hardcore in this match. He looked great during all of it.

No one in this match had a good look though. The late 90s early 2000s mall goth era of lucha libre is a dark, dark, dark time. And not in the cool way they thought it was.

klonere

Banned
I watched La familia de Tijuana vs Los Infernales from 2002 featuring baby Averno and baby Mephisto.
fdssdfdsfdsfsek4b.gif

I usually don't enjoy 6 mans all that match beyond what they're supposed to be, filler that usually has a feud or two inside of it to build up to the 1vs1 match, but this was pretty fun to watch. It was kind of funny to see the dudes who looked like mall goth satanists vs the guys named after satanism. Averno and Mephisto were decent but they were mostly there as young boys/geeks. The feud was clearly leader Satanico vs leader Psicosis/Nicho. But Los Inferanles had some fun triple threat tags and Satanico was old grumpy manning it up hardcore in this match. He looked great during all of it.

No one in this match had a good look though. The late 90s early 2000s mall goth era of lucha libre is a dark, dark, dark time. And not in the cool way they thought it was.

Is Vampiro to blame for the goth aesthetic thing or was it more of a cultural phenomenon that he tapped into

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Vampiro to blame for the goth aesthetic thing or was it more of a cultural phenomenon that he tapped into

Well, I think he's to blame for it in Mexican wrestling. He said in interviews that he was doing the rockstar look thing while he was dating a girl that was semi-famous in Mexico and CMLL told him to just go with the look he had then which got extremely popular.
tumblr_nw4fmrEaXa1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

He also had almost no training, but he was doing it before Charly Manson, Cibernetico, Electroshock, Psicosis, Chessman and the rest of those guys were doing it.

also Parka has been so gigantic for so long I almost forgot how athletic he used to be
sdadsasdasdakhkwv.gif

klonere

Banned

I wonder just how hard they'll push the Naito/Okada battle of the belts angle. I always loved that JCP ideal that the holder of the secondary belt is the true no.1 contender. I mean, it makes total sense. And it only adds another layer to the already excellent Naito/Okada storyline.

The thing is, the endgame is a unification match (obviously not at the Dome 2017, but like maybe the Dome in 2018) and I dunno if they want to roll a belt that has been built up to be a draw into another. I'm sure a lot will change before then but if I really wanted to a super long build to the true Naito/Okada blowoff, that's what I'd aim for. Neither drop the belt until the 2018 Dome show and have them duke it out, once and for all.

Plus its an excuse to run the CHAOS/LIJ feud again. I really miss those 6 mans :(

Well, I think he's to blame for it in Mexican wrestling. He said in interviews that he was doing the rockstar look thing while he was dating a girl that was semi-famous in Mexico and CMLL told him to just go with the look he had then which got extremely popular.

He also had almost no training, but he was doing it before Charly Manson, Cibernetico, Electroshock, Psicosis, Chessman and the rest of those guys were doing it.

also Parka has been so gigantic for so long I almost forgot how athletic he used to be

It's a look alright. Having listened to a few Vampiro shoots, even if there is a ton of bullshit he seems like the most unlikely bonafide huge drawing wrestler maybe of all time. As you said, with his lack of training and er, untraditional background.

klonere

Banned
Jesus this DOOM soundtrack. Might be my metal album of the year. It's definitely one of the better djent albums to come out in the last while.

So I'm watching SD but skipped the opening promo so in all these backstage segments so far it looks like Orton is playing some awkward arse survival horror game, we got puzzles! we got monster men! we need strange locking mechanisms involving statues next.

Wow, Sindel's in this ?

Perfect post.

kiguel182

Smackdown was really good. Compelling stuff top to bottom.

I want Miz to keep doing his thing. He just now started hitting his stride and putting the title on Ziggler seems like a step back.

Shame that the ending of the Orton segment was a botch. It looked really creepy. They should've kept it. That whole journey was cool and funny.

Cena is doing good work and Styles made Ambrose look great. That clothesline on Styles when he was on the ropes was dope.

Overall, really liked it. Much better than Raw.

I can't believe that Miz vs Ziggler is the hottest feud on wwf tv.

And zigglers contact is up soon, so it's by no means a sure thing that miz is going to win. They could legit put that match at the top of the card at the next ppv and I'd be hooked.

klonere

Banned
Ziggler is losing, probably taking a trainer or agent position as he has found a full time position on Fox News

- Blonde, conventionally attractive
- Terrible teenaged sense of humour
- Shouts a lot
- Very bad political opinions
- Has experience covering political junkets
- Ripe for a disastrous sex scandal
- Comes across as an insufferable cunt
- Will do anything he is told

Q fukkin E D.

imBask

Banned
Honestly I kinda want Cena to get the title one more time to shut the WCW fans up, but I want styles to keep the title for a long time before it happens. Styles can't lose the belt until Mania

Ziggler is losing, probably taking a trainer or agent position as he has found a full time position on Fox News

- Blonde, conventionally attractive
- Terrible teenaged sense of humour
- Shouts a lot
- Very bad political opinions
- Has experience covering political junkets
- Ripe for a disastrous sex scandal
- Comes across as an insufferable cunt
- Will do anything he is told

Q fukkin E D.
Fucking weak

Still angers me how badly they misused him.

He was so goddamn over in wcw it was unreal.
Flair was bitter that he shot on him pretty much

Oh man this just happened. The pop was friggin nuts.
That moment was hype!

Top Bottom