• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sephzilla

Bray's run is disappointing because

1) He was just a transitional champ
2) He was only a champ because Cena wanted title win #16, but nobody wanted Cena/Orton again so Cena dropped the belt to someone else

AJ vs Orton at Wrestlemania for the title would have been a way better alternative

Syder

Whoa, I sense a lot of hostility here. Can we hit reset buttons and just look at everyone with fresh, new eyes?
Maybe people are just tired of certain posters who occasionally turn up to contribute nothing and just start pointless shit?

The way I see it, if someone doesn't like a community they can do two things: Leave or help to change it. If you do neither you're just a part of the problem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Naitch's "Ain't Dead Yet" the best promo of 2017?

I dunno, you gotta do better than advertising prowrestlingtees.com to make it into a best promo spot.

well.

Shlak did do a promo of the year caliber promo just doing advertisements. You'll never see a better self promotion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pX-o9pNtU

Still sticking with Reigns' "This is my yard now" mic drop night after Mania. Classic.

Shibata comes second.

Roman had that crowd in the palm of his hand. Beautiful moment. Amazing handling of it.

Sephzilla

Maybe people are just tired of certain posters who occasionally turn up to contribute nothing and just start pointless shit?

The way I see it, if someone doesn't like a community they can do two things: Leave or help to change it. If you do neither you're just a part of the problem.

Friend, I implore you to exercise your ignore list with these people and simply report things to the proper people. It's made my WrassleGAF/NeoGAF experience far more pleasant as a result.

Still sticking with Reigns' "This is my yard now" mic drop night after Mania. Classic.

Shibata comes second.

How could I forget Shibata!

I dunno, you gotta do better than advertising prowrestlingtees.com to make it into a best promo spot.

well.

Shlak did do a promo of the year caliber promo just doing advertisements. You'll never see a better self promotion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pX-o9pNtU

Roman had that crowd in the palm of his hand. Beautiful moment. Amazing handling of it.

Flair's T-shirt hawking after almost dying is what makes it so great.

Shlak's promos rule. That cowboy one is legendary.

dream

I agree, Vox. I think people should be talking about pro wrestling, as I do, instead of just being jerkfaces.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friend, I implore you to exercise your ignore list with these people and simply report things to the proper people. It's made my WrassleGAF/NeoGAF experience far more pleasant as a result.

Can I just mention how wonderful it is to have an ignore list back, dark theme back, and being able to sell all my SNES Classic preorders in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread again? It's like heaven.

Fuck CM Punk for losing!

I'm not going to lie, Dental Plan; I had forgotten that he even won the belt. I still don't and won't lay the blame on his lap. The guy is a talent but Vince and co. cannot figure him out.

Very True, it's definitely on creative. I want to keep liking him but you are right they really can't figure him out.

Still is one of my favorites, even if he isnt in the FAVE FIVE. I still enjoy him and watch him happily.

Mr. Abs...Tony Nese? Or lil' Finnlet?

I was at Elimination Chamber when he won the WWE Championship. It was such a cool moment and I had high hopes for him as Champion. I still pay attention when he is on TV, I'm just bummed how his Title run was.

Lil' Finn.

Sephzilla

Can I just mention how wonderful it is to have an ignore list back, dark theme back, and being able to sell all my SNES Classic preorders in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread again? It's like heaven.

Fuck CM Punk for losing!

kVS3POM.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, Vox. I think people should be talking about pro wrestling, as I do, instead of just being jerkfaces.

Oh, this reminds me. I love Jinder. I think he's been fuckin' fantastic. Apparently it's not just me and you, but also the Rock agrees. Those three are a great team together and Jinder is doing big things.

dream

Oh, this reminds me. I love Jinder. I think he's been fuckin' fantastic. Apparently it's not just me and you, but also the Rock agrees. Those three are a great team together and Jinder is doing big things.

I feel like in about a year's time, people are going to see that Jinder is a fantastic act, a genuinely great top heel, much like people eventually came around to Miz and Braun.

Recall

Ishii vs Tanahashi from Night 2 of the 2013 G1 Climax is still wonderful on a third viewing.

Ishii's desperation go to "beat everyone" move, the brain buster wasn't enough to put Tanahashi down so he hit basically a Steiner Screwdriver to seal the deal.

Also the headbutts are out of control in 2013 and what happened with Shibata since has made them very cringe inducing, make me wince every time.

Sephzilla

I haven't come around on Jinder yet. I just find nothing about him entertaining. He's not a good promo and his ring work isn't anything special either. Glad you're being sports entertained by him though!

Syder

Oh, I do, believe me. Problem is people still haven't learned to not quote.

and for the record, I'm fine with like 99.9% of this community's users
(even Zach)

That is a mighty fine finisher, I'll give you that, and Rollins was much more entertaining then than he is now.

I haven't come around on Jinder yet. I just find nothing about him entertaining. He's not a good promo and his ring work isn't anything special either. Glad you're being sports entertained by him though!

Neither was Sycho Sid but he had presence. Presence is harder to pin down and far more subjective than promo and in-ring.

My problem with Jinder is he is having better performances at house shows than he is in front of the cameras so he has to get better with that. Needs to stop botching his signature move.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like in about a year's time, people are going to see that Jinder is a fantastic act, a genuinely great top heel, much like people eventually came around to Miz and Braun.

Agree completely. Loved Hell in a Cell despite most folks panning the shit out of it. Really had a great time and like Groovy mentions below...presence. Jinder has got his presence down, and it's a great thing.

Neither was Sycho Sid but he had presence. Presence is harder to pin down and far more subjective than promo and in-ring.

Agree.

Syder

Only thing I like about Jinder is the titantron entrance, that's it. I don't even like his generic ass theme.

Not a single match or promo has been above a 5/10 so far in this run.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bray Wyatt's promos are bad because he only knows how to do that one same promo over and over and it gives his opponents nothing to work with. It's the same reason his matches are dull as fuck even though he's reasoanbly competent at wrestling: there's no stakes to anything because there's no real reason anyone can comprehend about why Bray is fighting anyone in particular and he always loses anyways.

Top Bottom