• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I don't have any problem with Kairi losing to Shayna on a conceptual level. Like it's not an indefensible move in and of itself for various reasons. It's the motivations behind it that I'm not the biggest fan of. But I won't be like angry or heartbroken no matter who wins.

Beefy

Any sumo fans hiding in here? The fall tournament has been pretty crazy so far.

Sumo?

DDYuphd.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do people want months upon months of another japanese superstar that never loses and never builds anyone else up from facing them with Kairi or something?

Raw64life

They could easily have Kairi win by having Rousey try to interfere to give Shayna an advantage and then have the four horsewomen come out and stop them. The better, more popular wrestler wins and it would still drum up whatever they're trying to drum up with Rousey. But nope, HEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

Any sumo fans hiding in here? The fall tournament has been pretty crazy so far.

One of my regrets when I went to Japan last year was not being able to catch a sumo tournament. They only have them a few times a year and if you don't go during that time you're screwed.

Do people want months upon months of another japanese superstar that never loses and never builds anyone else up from facing them with Kairi or something?

You're essentially having to pick a less-bad situation

To me, that one is less bad than the possibility of all of this going to build to Ronda vs Steph. That's not a thing I ever wanted to see even when Ronda was relevant, let alone want to see in 2018

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So who is a truther?

Feel like citing your claims? Because again this seems like starting unnecessary drama and putting the whole community on blast for no reason when you could just PM a mod if you sincerely believe there's a problem

It's easy to see if you go back to the Bo Dallas on Jericho's podcast and Kendrick on Jericho to see who aligns themselves. I had no search function to find it, and well, now that involves work so I can't dig it up. But there's definitely some folks. Not a fan of that.

Russo hit the reset button and made Jarrett champ.

...fuck you're right.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was a mighty fine Capcom beat'em up. Top 3 for sure.

I wouldn't go that far, but it was nice. Punisher #1.

I like how Meltzer says "Rousey is facing Steph or Charlotte" and then suddenly the sky is falling because "Rousey is facing Steph" lol

They could easily have Kairi win by having Rousey try to interfere to give Shayna an advantage and then have the four horsewomen come out and stop them. The better, more popular wrestler wins and it would still drum up whatever they're trying to drum up with Rousey. But nope, HEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

The problem with that (and I do think that is a possibility), is that what good is it for Kairi to win if all the attention and news coming out of the event is about Ronda and crew? Kairi would essentially be the third or fourth most important person in all of this if she won and then a big angle was shot.

Foggy

I don't have any problem with Kairi losing to Shayna on a conceptual level. Like it's not an indefensible move in and of itself for various reasons. It's the motivations behind it that I'm not the biggest fan of. But I won't be like angry or heartbroken no matter who wins.

If the plan is really to fasttrack the horsewomen stuff for Survivor Series it's gonna be weird regardless of who wins. I guess it would make sense if the stip for the MYC winner is to be put on the main roster right away. It'd remove any suspense but you wouldn't have weird situations like Shayna being the loser but suddenly being on the main roster or Shayna winning and just hanging out on the main roster for a cup of coffee before going to NXT.

Charlotte vs Ronda would be a lot more important if it was a year ago when Charlotte was at her heel peak doing all that shit over on Raw but now she's done basically nothing for the past few months.

If the plan is really to fasttrack the horsewomen stuff for Survivor Series it's gonna be weird regardless of who wins. I guess it would make sense if the stip for the MYC winner is to be put on the main roster right away. It'd remove any suspense but you wouldn't have weird situations like Shayna being the loser but suddenly being on the main roster or Shayna winning and just hanging out on the main roster for a cup of coffee before going to NXT.

Yeah, ultimately I think you can find a lot of positives in Shayna winning.

It builds the angle more and establishes someone on Rousey's side as a legit wrestler who in storyline can stand in the ring with the best. It allows the winner of the MYC to be in a very highlighted position immediately on national TV and therefore gives the tournament a better look.

And plus it might end up being a positive for Kairi in the long run, as her taking a loss so early allows her to separate herself from what Asuka was and not have this pressure to keep her unbeaten for so long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stephanie gonna have to carry Ronda like she carried Brie

Edit: I wanna see Charlotte vs Baslzer.

Surprised so many people are upset with Steph getting involved. I used to hear nonstop in here about people wanting Stephanie to get beaten up, complaints about her "emasculating" other wrestlers and never getting "what she deserves" (and my god, it was beyond tiring) - and now they have someone who CAN give her this supposedly deserved comeuppance and people are...

mad about it?

Cagey

Banned
Charlotte vs Ronda would be a lot more important if it was a year ago when Charlotte was at her heel peak doing all that shit over on Raw but now she's done basically nothing for the past few months.

I don't recall anything Charlotte's done since getting moved from Raw.

If the ISEC wants to bitch about the WWE improperly using its talent, Charlotte's the person to point towards.

Surprised so many people are upset with Steph getting involved. I used to hear nonstop in here about people wanting Stephanie to get beaten up, complaints about her "emasculating" other wrestlers and never getting "what she deserves" (and my god, it was beyond tiring) - and now they have someone who CAN give her this supposedly deserved comeuppance and people are...

mad about it?
I don't mind Stephanie having a match, but I wish her comeuppance was coming from someone already on the roster who could use the rub of beating Stephanie in a match instead of Ronda just coming in to give her an armbar just for some media coverage.

I'd like something like a feud between Stephanie and a good babyface who could benefit from beating the woman always treating everyone as beneath her and not just Ronda walking in for a couple matches.

mad about it?

By all accounts she'd be getting revenge for the WWE 4 Horsewomen, who would be losing their match to the UFC 4HW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind Stephanie having a match, but I wish her comeuppance was coming from someone already on the roster who could use the rub of beating Stephanie in a match instead of Ronda just coming in to give her an armbar just for some media coverage.

I'd like something like a feud between Stephanie and a good babyface who could benefit from beating the woman always treating everyone as beneath her and not just Ronda walking in for a couple matches.

Bazza could use it, I am sure. It's not babyface, but yknow. If you don't think Ronda will get that massive pop though...

By all accounts she'd be getting revenge for the WWE 4 Horsewomen, who would be losing their match to the UFC 4HW

Look, the logic doesn't hold up, but that's never stopped wrasslin!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Steph has anti HEAAAAAAAAAAT more like a blizzard

Reddit and this thread both pitch collective shitfits when Steph berries their faves. She has real heat. Real heat.

Kayfabe 2.0 is real AND effective.

Menome

WrassleGAF is a nexus of hardcore wrestlers, enthusiast fans, and sports-entertainment industry observers and event-goers. This is a neutral ground where works and shoots, presented within the confines of a civil, inclusive 20-by-20 steel cage, prevail through off-topic discussion.

Also, it's the official Twin Peaks thread.

Top Bottom