• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

For the record, I think Steph vs. Ronda can work. It's a delicate balance and a story that WWE won't tell, but it could work. Steph's whole thing is that she demeans the talent and seems above everyone else. So you have her go out on the biggest stage (WM) and get demolished by Ronda (it cannot be competitive), then have her go with her tail between her legs, humbled, to say Charlotte and say that Charlotte can succeed where she failed and build her up all nice and good. Then you have Ronda in essence hide behind Shayna and tell Charlotte she has to beat Shayna to get to her (at some point in all this Shayna would win one of the women's titles, maybe even at WM). So you do Charlotte vs. Shayna for the title at say a Summerslam, have Charlotte win. Then you do Charlotte vs. Ronda for the title at a big PPV, maybe even the following WM and have Charlotte win.

That way Steph can still get her match, the story makes sense, and in the end a younger star can get the rub.

But again, what do I know. They won't do anything like that.

Speaking of hoss

DJeKaq9VwAATTKQ

daemissary

Strowman is a Vince project, easily - I ain't complainin!

Regarding TS, it let certain wrasslers poke holes in other wrasslers that needed help concealing these weaknesses. Now, I'm the kind of guy who feels that if you're weak, or your promo game is shit, or if you've been booked illogically - capitalize on it if you're someone else, blow it up. And they did, on TS, quite often. Especially Bryan. In doing so, TS turned into a smark's favorite show, where you could see people "shoot" on the company and their peers, and see Daniel Bryan "clearly not want to be there" - it didn't serve the best interests of WWE as a whole, and I totally see that.

You apologize for Vince so much I'm starting to think you're actually him.

Strowman is great but even a broken clock is right twice a day. One Strowman isn't worth all of the Corbin, Cass, Nia Jax, Jason Jordan, other totally illogical nonsense booking we get on a weekly basis.

And who is this mythical person that had holes poked in them and became worse off after someone shot on them on TS? Virtually everyone I can think of was better off after appearing on the show, not worse.

For the record, I think Steph vs. Ronda can work. It's a delicate balance and a story that WWE won't tell, but it could work. Steph's whole thing is that she demeans the talent and seems above everyone else. So you have her go out on the biggest stage (WM) and get demolished by Ronda (it cannot be competitive), then have her go with her tail between her legs, humbled, to say Charlotte and say that Charlotte can succeed where she failed and build her up all nice and good. Then you have Ronda in essence hide behind Shayna and tell Charlotte she has to beat Shayna to get to her (at some point in all this Shayna would win one of the women's titles, maybe even at WM). So you do Charlotte vs. Shayna for the title at say a Summerslam, have Charlotte win. Then you do Charlotte vs. Ronda for the title at a big PPV, maybe even the following WM and have Charlotte win.

That way Steph can still get her match, the story makes sense, and in the end a younger star can get the rub.

But again, what do I know. They won't do anything like that.

I thought Shane and AJ would bomb and it turned to be one of the more, if not the best, match of the evening so on top of booking having to be right on the money, the talent need to bring their in-ring game on. On this point, I don't know if Ronda and Steph can deliver.

Zach

Never forget, guys:

Stephanie McMahon said:
A few years ago, some people tried to destroy my family. They attacked my father's reputation, they attacked my mother's reputation, and they attacked the World Wrestling Federation. They tried to rip us apart...but all they did was make my family stronger. And that's exactly how America feels right now. Because on [September 11, 2001], America was attacked. Because America is a united nation. And together, we stand strong. I am incredibly proud to be an American citizen, and I will stand up for my rights and my freedom.

Powerful words.

PWInsider is saying the Raw brand will tour India for two days in December.

This isn't said in the report, but I'm assuming Jinder will be on those shows.

I thought Shane and AJ would bomb and it turned to be one of the more, if not the best, match of the evening so on top of booking having to be right on the money, the talent need to bring their in-ring game on. On this point, I don't know if Ronda and Steph can deliver.

AJ is a transcendent level in-ring talent, so nothing can really be compared to what he's done in terms of expectations.

I think the only way a Steph/Ronda match works is if it's a 100% squash in Ronda's favor.

Ohno's bod in no way affects the quality of his work, if anything it puts more weight and believability into his strikes
His attire however does affect how seriously I take him.
I am a shallow man.

fucking why
Because...it sounded cool in their heads "wouldn't I look radically tubular if I landed this flippy dippy shit over your gimmicked push up, think of the upvotes!"

Flipvember didn't come early but Botchtober did.

Syder

He's been back for not even a day
Never forget, guys:
Stephanie McMahon said:
A few years ago, some people tried to destroy my family. They attacked my father's reputation, they attacked my mother's reputation, and they attacked the World Wrestling Federation. They tried to rip us apart...but all they did was make my family stronger. And that's exactly how America feels right now. Because on Tuesday, America was attacked. Because America is a united nation. And together, we stand strong. I am incredibly proud to be an American citizen, and I will stand up for my rights and my freedom.
Powerful words.
vince-strut.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You apologize for Vince so much I'm starting to think you're actually him.

Strowman is great but even a broken clock is right twice a day. One Strowman isn't worth all of the Corbin, Cass, Nia Jax, Jason Jordan, other totally illogical nonsense booking we get on a weekly basis.

And who is this mythical person that had holes poked in them and became worse off after someone shot on them on TS? Virtually everyone I can think of was better off after appearing on the show, not worse.

This is the same stuff you saw in the Attitude Era. For every Austin or Rock, you had a Val Venis or a Mideon. It's the same as always. Most swing and miss. Some hit. It is worth the same, it's always been worth it for the big players.

Daniel Bryan is one of them, but nah. Bryan especially would poke holes in any storyline continuity issues, hence most people thinking he just doesn't give a shit if he's fired. Why would people say it's clear Bryan doesn't care if he's fired? Because he was making WWE look stupid. That's one big reason why TS had to go. Owens poked holes in everyone, even Renee (stop, not like that) - everyone was fair game, and if you ended up looking stupid, that ran counter to what WWE was trying to push.

Yeah this is a bad thing to say and I kind of feel like it's a huge sign that she exists within the weird alternate reality bubble that Vince created where WWE is life.

McMahon family dinners around the steroid scandal probably sounded like the dinner scenes in The Sopranos.

So, during the ladder match at PROGRESS yesterday, Tyler Bate took a back body drop off a ladder onto another ladder. This is off his Instagram today:

DJeTYs3X0AE9tLg

daemissary

This is the same stuff you saw in the Attitude Era. For every Austin or Rock, you had a Val Venis or a Mideon. It's the same as always. Most swing and miss. Some hit. It is worth the same, it's always been worth it for the big players.

Daniel Bryan is one of them, but nah. Bryan especially would poke holes in any storyline continuity issues, hence most people thinking he just doesn't give a shit if he's fired. Why would people say it's clear Bryan doesn't care if he's fired? Because he was making WWE look stupid. That's one big reason why TS had to go. Owens poked holes in everyone, even Renee (stop, not like that) - everyone was fair game, and if you ended up looking stupid, that ran counter to what WWE was trying to push.

Well we agree on one thing, there were always hits and misses even way back to the Attitude Era. There are several differences between now and then though. No real competition forcing Vince's hand to tweak/abandon those misses or else risk losing his audience. Much less creative freedom for the wrestlers to get themselves over on their regular programming (especially now that TS is gone).

And it's totally tone deaf to say that TS had to go because Bryan made the WWE look stupid. If you have problems with continuity issues, the solution isn't to try and silence everyone talking about your continuity issues...it's to fix the issue!!! Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well we agree on one thing, there were always hits and misses even way back to the Attitude Era. There are several differences between now and then though. No real competition forcing Vince's hand to tweak/abandon those misses or else risk losing his audience. Much less creative freedom for the wrestlers to get themselves over on their regular programming (especially now that TS is gone).

And it's totally tone deaf to say that TS had to go because Bryan made the WWE look stupid. If you have problems with continuity issues, the solution isn't to try and silence everyone talking about your continuity issues...it's to fix the issue!!! Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.

Gosh, I really want to say something about that last paragraph, but I can't. I do agree completely.

Cagey

Banned
For all the genital warts, Val Venis is a memorable character.

You can't say that about the majority of the current forgettable talent who may well be more talented.

You can't say that about the majority of the current forgettable talent who may well be more talented.

Bastion Booger and The Red Rooster are memorable characters.

That doesn't make their existence a positive thing.

Zach

Cagey, I've seen you spin-kicking dudes in every thread I've entered today. You may need to switch to decaf, pal. Your heart can't take this.

Cagey

Banned
Cagey, I've seen you spin-kicking dudes in every thread I've entered today. You may need to switch to decaf, pal. Your heart can't take this.

But I don't drink coffee! It's a slow work day fighting discrimination.

Idle hands lead to inane, pointless internet arguments. I think Jesus said that.

Egg0

Banned
Man I'm wearing prescription glasses for the first time today and it feels so much different than contacts. The text on my screen seem so much smaller than usual.

Also, I played a ton of Thunder as a kid because it was 1 of 3 wrestling game I've ever owned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to see how they run Strowman/Cena tonight.

Top Bottom