• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

What type of scumbag would listen to TLF when there are so many refined and well respected podcasts to listen to. Especially when it comes to wrestling which is a very serious business.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Of course. Didn't take long to realize that was a complete waste of time, for me.

It just got super bloated. When they first starting taking recollections/feedback it was around 20 minutes. That's fine, you get to hear some interesting takes from time to time along with all the kudos. Then it became 30-40. That's still doable, one time I was on a car trip though without the ability to change it for a long time and it hit me that it was over an hour, plus another half hour or so about them asking for more Patreon dough. Patreon begging doesn't bug me as a supporter of public radio for years, it's the same shit. All of that added together though was longer than the part 1 overview of the show.

Since I've been skipping it I've been noting times and they've just gone up and up. The longest amount I've ever skipped was almost three and a half hours.

Kurita

Fake wrestling with idols is where it's at
i7VxW8A.jpg
Haven't watched the show cause I prefer Keyakizaka46 over AKB48 but I should check it one day

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you listen to TLF that means you're complicit with them making rape jokes, no real grey area. Pretty disgusting, don't give them any listens, it furthers that kind of shit.

Syder

That's what they all say. Always complaining about length.

Until they listen to an episode.

Then 12 hours isn't ENOUGH.
I listened to the Benoit episode and while there was a lot of new information for me it felt very over indulgent, and I think that's an issue with most of their episodes.

Hasney

If you listen to TLF that means you're complicit with them making rape jokes, no real grey area. Pretty disgusting, don't give them any listens, it furthers that kind of shit.

Oh wow, I didn't even get far enough for them to make one. I got to a Vince McMahon impression and though it was unfunny garbage.

Thank fuck I bailed.

Foggy

Haven't watched the show cause I prefer Keyakizaka46 over AKB48 but I should check it one day

Hiroyo Matsumoto trained them and apparently they're passable. If AKB48 resurrects joshi, we'll be living in the darkest timeline.

Zach

It just got super bloated. When they first starting taking recollections/feedback it was around 20 minutes. That's fine, you get to hear some interesting takes from time to time along with all the kudos. Then it became 30-40. That's still doable, one time I was on a car trip though without the ability to change it for a long time and it hit me that it was over an hour, plus another half hour or so about them asking for more Patreon dough. Patreon begging doesn't bug me as a supporter of public radio for years, it's the same shit. All of that added together though was longer than the part 1 overview of the show.

Since I've been skipping it I've been noting times and they've just gone up and up. The longest amount I've ever skipped was almost three and a half hours.

I sometimes fast-forward during the podcast proper because they'll loop back to something they've talked about 100 times before, like WrassleGAF talking about Alien and Terminator.

Tell me more about what's disgusting and unacceptable, poster with the username Vince McMahon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only meet up at NXT live events. You know the rules.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're both still kicking ourselves for that fuckup. Really unfortunate. I coulda seen Lazy Nak!

Zach

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're both still kicking ourselves for that fuckup. Really unfortunate. I coulda seen Lazy Nak!

He goofed around a lot. It was more entertaining than everything I've seen since his NXT TakeOver Dallas debut that I totally attended, eat it, WrassleGAF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WCW/NWO PPV OF THE DAY:

SOULED OUT 2000

This was going to be the PPV coronation of the NWO 2000/Silver, but a career ending injury to Bret Hart and a concussion suffered by Double J, forcing both men to vacate their titles as Bret was the World Champion and Jarrett the United States Champion. The main event of this show? Chris Benoit and Sid for the World Championship. I think you might know where this is going, Benoit "won" the match with his foot under the rope, which is good considering he showed up on RAW the night after.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
nWo 2000 would've changed the biz forever, duuude.

Talk about a monumental week in WCW History though.

Bret Hart gets retired by Goldberg's Kick. JJ also goes down scrapping the two biggest matches on the card. Russo is sent home for suggesting that Tank Abbott be the next WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Kevin Sullivan is put in charge of the booking committee, pissing off a bunch of people backstage who didn't like what he did in 1999. A bunch of them, including the Radicalz demand to be let out of their deal, and the only ones who come back have bad blood with WWF. Benoit is made champion in order to convince him to stay...and he's on RAW the next night.

Zach

DISH NOR

Talk about a monumental week in WCW History though.

Bret Hart gets retired by Goldberg's Kick. JJ also goes down scrapping the two biggest matches on the card. Russo is sent home for suggesting that Tank Abbott be the next WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Kevin Sullivan is put in charge of the booking committee, pissing off a bunch of people backstage who didn't like what he did in 1999. A bunch of them, including the Radicalz demand to be let out of their deal, and the only ones who come back have bad blood with WWF. Benoit is made champion in order to convince him to stay...and he's on RAW the next night.

It's pretty wild.

Zach

While the deplorables are guffawing at the TLF rape jokes,

I don't guffaw at rape jokes. I believe the jokes evolved over time from the mockery of the wrassle business and the monsters within, such as Vince McMahon. It's sardonic and overdone, but I've never got the sense that they think rape is funny. In fact, they seem pretty repulsed by excerpts of, say, Diana Hart's book that talks about the British Bulldog drugging and raping her, for example. I dunno. Seems like their way of coping with and addressing the evils of something they just cain't quit.

And I don't want to come off as a #LapsedApologist -- too late! -- but I just think you're being a hair unfair. And more than that, you guys are calling me names and I don't deserve it.

Apologize to Zachie.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

this show is over but it was the best wrestling program all year and the ppv finale(?) was the best show in August (yes over the G1)

Egg0

Banned
I kind of feel bad about not watching the MYC, but I really don't want to resub to the network.

Unless I get a random free trial.

Top Bottom