• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to send Miz to EVOLVE, Progress and all their other little suckup indie companies just to have him assume the Lawler in ECW role

What??

DJh8Gc5UIAALBIL

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, he'll add crawling to the opening sequence.

What are they doing though? What does extending the feud beyond the face paint victory do for anybody?

They don't have any room at the top for lil' Finnlet. That main event Raw scene is teeming with hosses, and he wouldn't look too great in there unless he's booked to win it all, and then he'd be a great underdog.

Anth0ny

Lapsed Fan is doing In Your House: Ground Zero next, which means they will have covered the first 9 WWF PPVs of the GOAT year, 1997.

I have a feeling they're going to do Wrestling With Shadows and Survivor Series 97 in a 14 hour 'Cast for the ages.

My rusty shit pipe is ready to be forcibly entered.

Lapsed Fan is doing In Your House: Ground Zero next, which means they will have covered the first 9 WWF PPVs of the GOAT year, 1997.

I have a feeling they're going to do Wrestling With Shadows and Survivor Series 97 in a 14 hour 'Cast for the ages.

I don't think I'm ready for a SS 97 cast but I need it

Raw attendance last night, apparently taken during the second TV match

DJfAmKDXgAAkoGS

In the spirit of #positivity, at least it's holding the live attendance better than Smackdown.

Looks no different than what we had in Toronto.

Reigns keep selling those kayfabe tickets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be the judge of that, old man.

Patiently waiting on you to agree. Hope I don't wait forever.

Also, this happened while I was out, but goddamn, what an awful turn of events for Dana Brooke with her boyfriend.

klonere

Banned
why have TLF stuck with the rape jokes over all this time

why do they base their community building around allusions to rape

its very strange

Man God

Non-Canon Member

This became pretty obvious after the second time they went back to 1997.

In fact all the 1997 coverage is why I haven't completely dropped the show.

Anth0ny

its very strange

It all started with Jack saying "In that ass" as a way to just add a bit of oomph to deep dive portion of the show.

Then the fans started sending emails... and at this point the main draw of the email section is to hear how comically absurd people can re-word "in that ass" or "fake sports", and it seems to get more and more crazy every week.

Is it rape if people want it? In that ass?

Heroman

Banned
It all started with Jack saying "In that ass" as a way to just add a bit of oomph to deep dive portion of the show.

Then the fans started sending emails... and at this point the main draw of the email section is to hear how comically absurd people can re-word "in that ass" or "fake sports", and it seems to get more and more crazy every week.

Huh?

Zach

its very strange

It's dumb and annoying and played-out. Especially when Guy #1 yells it and I'm like "dude, I'm just trying to listen to some wrassle discussion here while I'm mowing."

because it's a garbage podcast for garbage people

Oh.

I save two hours of my life each and every week by not listening to the email.

Of course. Didn't take long to realize that was a complete waste of time, for me.

klonere

Banned
2nd round AJPW Royal Road tournament spoiler

Kento Miyahara vs. Yoshitatsu

Gedo please, have the great Yoshi Tatsu go over Miyahara. Angry puro smarks will actually go into convulsions

I know, I listened for a time

They seemed to graduate rather quickly from dudes who did a podcast to dudes who did a podcast who talked about their haters, and the rape thing was an extension of that. You didn't KNOW you wanted a 67 hour podcast on International Incident!

My assessment of Raw
Cena shoots, Reigns fires blanks
Miz shoots, Enzo fires blanks
I see a pattern emerging here.

Smackdown had such a strong start with their first few post-split PPVs. AJ, Becky both win titles and are really over. Miz doing amazing things with the IC title. Slater/Rhyno getting over organically with pure WWE style pro-wrestling skits.

It seems a world away now.
It was a fun 6 or 7 months while it lasted.
But hey this week seems solid I guess.

But wrestling is anime.
qdPNATz.gif

noted.
Man even in anime the 619 setup makes no sense.

Is the Great British Bake Off a work or a shoot?

It's a shoot but I think the fabled Hollywood handshakes are sometimes a work when they need to get a cheap pop.

Top Bottom