• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owens/Vince is something I never knew how much I wanted until it was teased. Tonight's gonna be magic.

Sephzilla

I'd probably mark out a little bit if Vince took a pop-up powerbomb.

Vince would do it.

Say what you will about his booking and other strange decisions, but the guy definitely wasn't afraid to put his body on the line or humiliate himself to benefit one of his wrestlers.

2c0258a1c005964103279fa577142eae.jpg

Zach

Top Eleven Probably

1. Arn Anderson
2. Stunning Steve/pre-neck injury Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Bobby Heenan
4. Ravishing Rick Rude
5. Steiner Bros.
6. Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love/Mick Foley
7. Randy Anderson
8. Lord Steven Regal
9. Bret Hart
10. Eddie Guerrero
11. Ric Flair

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Top Eleven Probably

1. Arn Anderson
2. Stunning Steve/pre-neck injury Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Bobby Heenan
4. Ravishing Rick Rude
5. Steiner Bros.
6. Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love/Mick Foley
7. Randy Anderson
8. Lord Steven Regal
9. Bret Hart
10. Eddie Guerrero
11. Ric Flair

I'm gonna have to sit you down and force you to watch some Gary Hart footage so you can bump Brain down a notch or two.

gun_haver

I pretty much only watch Brock segments now, which is like 10 minutes a month, but I wish Heyman would just disappear. I have never, ever, been able to stand listening to a word that comes out of his sleazy mouth. I heard him on a podcast once and saw what a pretentious and yeah sleazy kind of guy he is, so I know he's like this in real life too, and man. I have never liked him. I really don't know what people see in him as a performer. Sure having a mouthpiece for Brock is a good move, but anyone else.

Although, despite my hate for him in every other way, I've got to admit he does enhance matches a bit with his hysterics at ringside when he isn't mic'd up. So I guess it's a wash.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I pretty much only watch Brock segments now, which is like 10 minutes a month, but I wish Heyman would just disappear. I have never, ever, been able to stand listening to a word that comes out of his sleazy mouth. I heard him on a podcast once and saw what a pretentious and yeah sleazy kind of guy he is, so I know he's like this in real life too, and man. I have never liked him. I really don't know what people see in him as a performer. Sure having a mouthpiece for Brock is a good move, but anyone else.

Although, despite my hate for him in every other way, I've got to admit he does enhance matches a bit with his hysterics at ringside when he isn't mic'd up. So I guess it's a wash.

#hustlebootytemptatts

"I was speaking with Jimmy Iovine..."

tell me more slightconfuse

oh my. anyone laughing at those anime posters now has to search their soul. whoof.

Zach

I'm gonna have to sit you down and force you to watch some Gary Hart footage so you can bump Brain down a notch or two.

Force me to watch? Why do you seek dominion over my person? Do I not have rights?

Also, he'd still be Top Five then. So who even cares?!

P.S. Just tell me your problems, babby.

gun_haver

The "2nd chances" shit annoys me.

it also doesn't make sense...'if you're disappointed in second chances'?

does he mean if you don't believe in second chances? i think that's what he means, right?

the first tweet is kind of funny, though. 'racism? pff, that shit's fake. hogan's a real wrestler.'

Syder

Even if he is a 'legend' to them, the man's bones are made of dust, in what capacity could they work with him?

Just shut your fucking mouths you racist apologists.

gun_haver

also while we're shitting on beloved wrestling figures, i decided to look up the 'send for the man' thing that people say sometimes and learned where it comes from and all that so

did macho man actually hit torrie wilson in the face on camera for breaking character? as in, for real?

imBask

Banned
also while we're shitting on beloved wrestling figures, i decided to look up the 'send for the man' thing that people say sometimes and learned where it comes from and all that so

did macho man actually hit torrie wilson in the face on camera for breaking character? as in, for real?

you might wanna google basically every wrestler you ever loved

Brain's more of a character, you've gotta love him - but Gary, when I think about it, was THE best manager in terms of his promos, in terms of his presence and in terms of the way he acted at ringside. Gary would always be doing something ringside, he was never idle and came across as 100% engrossed in helping his guy win. He's everything a pro-wrestling manager should be.

Also, delivery. To this day I can't read the name 'Pistol' Pez Whatley without hearing Gary's voice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It was awful. Even if worked.

Brain's more of a character, you've gotta love him - but Gary, when I think about it, was THE best manager in terms of his promos, in terms of his presence and in terms of the way he acted at ringside. Gary would always be doing something ringside, he was never idle and came across as 100% engrossed in helping his guy win. He's everything a pro-wrestling manager should be.

Also, delivery. To this day I can't read the name 'Pistol' Pez Whatley without hearing Gary's voice.

My man. Pistol Pez "WHATley". The great KABOOKY. Gary is the best, and what gives him that added dimension was the menace you felt from him.

Brain is great, but I feel more satisfied with Hart.

As much as I was annoyed with Hogan's politicking, I was disappointed and disgusted with him using a racial slur in order to "protect" his daughter's dating choices. With his fragile ego*, personally, I don't think he deserves a second chance.

* Hogan sued Russo for adding that bit with his bald spot in a promo, plus some other things.

Top Bottom