• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I never got to break this down with you guys as I was on a year-long ban bet, but...

Is Daniel Bryan fucking stupid for planning on wrestling more? That child is touched in the head. No really, I think that's his problem. Seizures, and wants to go back to that world. Jesus.

Why don't I here about South Park signs at WCW shows
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I couldn't get into Yakuza 0. Could be I'm tired of the franchise, could be I can't get into games that spend the majority of their time telling a story anymore. I can see why people love it though.

0 is amazing and has the best characters in series history, particularly Majima's side. The trick is to not fuck with the side stuff because its not as good in 0 but the main stuff is incredible. I'm really struggling to play more Kiwami because its just more of 1 which I already played and its still kiryu and its still Kamurocho. And its not a good sign that apparently the story of 6 is real underwhelming.

2 Yakuzas in one year is just too much even for a superfan who's been into the series since 1 and if 8 is set in Kamurocho even with a new lead? I might be done with the series.
At this rate we're going to find out the only good person left is James Ellsworth.

The aforementioned Gary Hart was a great guy. Even fought to push foreigners as top babyfaces

Mahonay

Banned
So, I never got to break this down with you guys as I was on a year-long ban bet, but...

Is Daniel Bryan fucking stupid for planning on wrestling more? That child is touched in the head. No really, I think that's his problem. Seizures, and wants to go back to that world. Jesus.
I mean, Shibata wants to wrestle again and he's way worse off.

It's his life I guess.

Sephzilla

But what if he's actually perfectly fine and capable of wrestling? I know like one doctor told him he had a lesion on his brain, but multiple other doctors did give him the green light.

(Either way I think it's risky)

But what if he's actually perfectly fine and capable of wrestling? I know like one doctor told him he had a lesion on his brain, but multiple other doctors did give him the green light.

He said the lesion didn't mean what he thought it meant or something and that he's fine

I love that HHH was mentally jerking off to the thought of taking a picture with Kairi as his NXT women's champion and posting it online.

asuka.jpeg
Wait ...

SilentMike03

Neo Member
If you listen to Bryan on Edge & Christian's podcast talk about all the testing he got done, it sounds like he's fine to work. The seizure thing sounds scary, but the docs say he's good to go. He also explains that he basically heard the word lesion and got spooked, but it apparently doesn't mean what we all associate with it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What if he is fine? What if?

Hell, gambling is fun, right? Especially with your life! Kid has a screw loose, and it was done on purpose and he laughed about it.

If you listen to Bryan on Edge & Christian's podcast talk about all the testing he got done, it sounds like he's fine to work. The seizure thing sounds scary, but the docs say he's good to go.

I honestly do not trust his words about it anymore. After hearing he hid his seizures from folks...nah. He's got a problem. Addicted to the spotlight.

Shibata will be back, Honma will be back, Bryan will be back

I've conceded defeat because trusting wrestlers to know when to quit or take care of their bodies is like trusting them to not be awful people: it's nice to hope and have optimism, but it's misplaced

Too many people took the ending of The Wrestler as a thing to aspire to

klonere

Banned
Shibata will be back, Honma will be back, Bryan will be back

I've conceded defeat because trusting wrestlers to know when to quit or take care of their bodies is like trusting them to not be awful people: it's nice to hope and have optimism, but it's misplaced

Too many people took the ending of The Wrestler as a thing to aspire to

wrestling is a disease

Did you listen to the E&C podcast all that news came out of? It definitely softened me on "he should never wrestle again", and he explicitly said that if a doctor tells him no, he'll stop, and that his family and kids are more important than wrestling.

MC Safety

He shouldn't wrestle. He has a wife, a child, and a career in wrestling where he does not have to jeopardize his health further.

Like, shit.

Exactly.

I beat Yakuza 0 last month and was afraid starting Kiwami so soon after would burn me out but not so, luckily for me. I beat Kiwami on Sunday and loved it. Being gifted two Yakuzas in one year was awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you listen to the E&C podcast all that news came out of? It definitely softened me on "he should never wrestle again", and he explicitly said that if a doctor tells him no, he'll stop, and that his family and kids are more important than wrestling.

Yes, I did listen - I simply do not trust his words about it. He's hid things before.

The Young Bucks thing offends me on multiple levels.

1) Hogan was the reason you got into pro wrestling even though the infinitely better Macho Man was right there too?!
2) Being your inspiration to get you into a certain profession is apparently enough to excuse racism

Fuck the Young Bucks

Well, Macho Man did want to Stephanie Bellars/Gorgeous George's 17 year old sister to move into with them and wanted a threesome. Also had a friend when I was living in Florida who interacted with him at the restaurant she worked at who talked about how much of a creep he was so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I honestly do not trust his words about it anymore. After hearing he hid his seizures from folks...nah. He's got a problem. Addicted to the spotlight.

He talks a bunch about how not disclosing that stuff basically screwed him and his story hasn't changed at all since he's been benched. I'm inclined to believe the guy.

Syder

I don't want to see that shit.

I don't want to see Shibata either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He talks a bunch about how not disclosing that stuff basically screwed him and his story hasn't changed at all since he's been benched. I'm inclined to believe the guy.

We'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Dj Convoy

Danielson won't return unless doctors give him the okay. He's received that okay already from a number of doctors, and is pursuing treatment. He's not a fool- if he does come back, I think he'll be conscious of the fact that he doesn't need to do the dives and headbutts and sick bumps. He has said he really admires guys like ZSJ and their style, so it's not difficult to picture him adopting an aggressive grappling style that doesn't rely on bumping quite so heavily. I mean, really, that's sort of what he did as ROH champion already.

Should he come back? I dunno, I'm not a doctor. I do think it's worth saying that there are few wrestlers who retired because they had a kid. Additionally, I think he'll have a better idea of exactly what he's capable of than any of us armchair quarterbacks.

Speaking as a big Bryan Danielson fan, if he does come back, I hope he does it on a non WWE stage and does what he thinks is cool. I think he was undervalued there (yes, yes, despite his Mania win), and I think he would mean a lot to a tentative NJPW looking for a big American arena show or just buoying US independent wrestling in general. The guy will be able to write his own ticket, no matter what he decides. I want him and his family to be happy, most of all, and if coming back does that, mazeltov. If not, I'm okay with that, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Danielson won't return unless doctors give him the okay. He's received that okay already from a number of doctors, and is pursuing treatment. He's not a fool- if he does come back, I think he'll be conscious of the fact that he doesn't need to do the dives and headbutts and sick bumps. He has said he really admires guys like ZSJ and their style, so it's not difficult to picture him adopting an aggressive grappling style that doesn't rely on bumping quite so heavily. I mean, really, that's sort of what he did as ROH champion already.

Should he come back? I dunno, I'm not a doctor. I do think it's worth saying that there are few wrestlers who retired because they had a kid. Additionally, I think he'll have a better idea of exactly what he's capable of than any of us armchair quarterbacks.

Speaking as a big Bryan Danielson fan, if he does come back, I hope he does it on a non WWE stage and does what he thinks is cool. I think he was undervalued there (yes, yes, despite his Mania win), and I think he would mean a lot to a tentative NJPW looking for a big American arena show or just buoying US independent wrestling in general. The guy will be able to write his own ticket, no matter what he decides. I want him and his family to be happy, most of all, and if coming back does that, mazeltov. If not, I'm okay with that, too.

Some of my concerns came up when he was cleared to wrestle again in WWE and did multiple headbutt spots despite him saying he'll be adjusting his style. Wonder if he will. Hope he will. Even then, still dangerous, but all wrassles are dangerous.

We'll see. None of us want to be talking about this over his corpse, thankfully.

Fox318

I have two thoughts on this.

1. You are right and he needs to stop this. He's proven with his last run that he won't change his style and will only do high impact shit.
2. Its his life and there is the possibility of some improvements to his symptoms and issues. IF the WWE clearly cared about its performers they wouldn't have had people like Tommy Dreamer work matches in 2016/2017.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, maybe I'm just distrustful but Bryan saying "MAN I've been in this hyperbaric chamber, and it's reversing my brain damage" really sounds like some other folks need to weigh in. Even if his reflex speed is up to what people are average, something just seems a bit desperate, like he's saying anything he can to get people to go along with him. I just don't know. I'm probably just distrustful, but I remember seeing a fan cam of Bryan's seizure w/Sheamus and I was pretty shook by that.

I don't think the Shibata stuff is really comparable to Bryan

One is a dude who deliberately harms himself for the business who almost killed himself doing unnecessary bullshit, and sees this as an obstacle to getting back to harming himself

The other has gotten concussions from the business, accepted having to step away, but loves it and has doctors saying he can still do it

Obviously shit happens, who knows what the future holds. But if dudes want to do it and doctors will clear them.....it's whatever

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the Shibata stuff is really comparable to Bryan

One is a dude who deliberately harms himself for the business who almost killed himself doing unnecessary bullshit, and sees this as an obstacle to getting back to harming himself

The other has gotten concussions from the business, accepted having to step away, but loves it and has doctors saying he can still do it

Obviously shit happens, who knows what the future holds. But if dudes want to do it and doctors will clear them.....it's whatever

Agree that Shibata's issues are waaaay worse, and the mentality around it.

Mahonay

Banned
Shibata is definitely a way more extreme case.

But boy, those shoot headbutts at WM Play Button with Ziggler on the ladder sure was fucking dumb. Hope he cuts that shit completely out when he gets in a ring again.

So do we think Vegas is going to be hot for the MYC finals tonight or is it going to die a 205 Live level death?
I think using Ronda for advertisement will get some eyes on it

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a dumb backstage angle with Ronda and Shayna and another CLASH with the WWE girls

Top Bottom