• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

lololol

oh no, the Young Bucks are actually going to have to think of a gimmick

I got an idea for a gimmick they could use:
Indie guys who are so popular that they negotiated a hugely successful deal with a large popular chain to get their and their friends' merch in right next to the WWE shirts.

DJL9TWsVoAAk18E.jpg

Absolutely not.

Bayonetta 2 for the Switch?

Cook Serve Delicious! 2!!
StarCrawlers
Battlebrothers
Pyre

are so far the best games of the year for me. Divinity OS2 will be the other game to make the top 5. If I buy a Switch this year maybe things will change but I don't know.

Anth0ny

Marks gonna mark

Bronx-Man, I was thinking of making a thread about how great the Switch's first year is. Let me know what you think.

GAF, is it just me or is the Switch's launch year the greatest year in video game history? First of all, it launched with Breath of the Wild, a game that I've poured over 100 hours in and I think it's easily the greatest game of all time. Please lets avoid LOCATION SPOILERS in this thread because I know a lot of new players haven't finished the game and I don't want to ruin some of the magic of this game. Definitely the best Zelda game, which was Skyward Sword until Breath of the Wild came around. Now Skyward Sword is basically an unplayable piece of garbage compared to the GOAT.

Next up, you have amazing, fleshed out, FRESH first party experiences like Splatoon 2 and ARMS. And lets not forget Mario Kart 8 and the upcoming Pokken Tournament DX. Are you #teamHotdogsareasandwich in Splatoon 2? Because I know I am NOT lol!

Then, the game that should have never worked. Mario and Rabbids. I always hated Rabbids and I especially hated Grant Kirkhope's music in all of those awful Rare collectathon Mario 64 ripoffs, but for some reason now, it all feels... right?

Fanboys also can't call out Nintendo for not having 3rd party support anymore. The Switch has had AMAZING third party support from a number of amazing indie devs. Even though Switch is still missing a couple of the bigger third party multiplatform titles that are available elsewhere, I'm personally so sick of those lifeless, colorless, charmless AAA titles that are on the other consoles, so I'm ok that the Switch doesn't have them tbh

So continuing on the amazing 3rd party support, the Switch has Skyrim, Doom and Wolfenstein coming soon. You know, I was never interested at all in any of these games, but now that they're coming to Switch, I already have them on pre-order!

What do you think, GAF? Am I alone here? Personally, Switch is already my favorite console of all time, and that's still with Mario to come this year. Can't wait for more unique Nintendo exclusives for this console like Smash and Virtual Console, ahhhhh I need another Nintendo Direct now!!! lol >_<

I wouldnt know how to rank my fav games thus far this year. I don't even feel that I need to. In 9 months, I have played and thoroughly enjoyed:

Yakuza 0
Yakua Kiwami
Neir: Automata
Rez Infinite
Breath of the Wild
Gravity Rush 2
Injustice 2
Destiny 2
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8
Sonic Mania
Arms

The only games I have not enjoyed were Final Fantasy 12, Hellblade and Horizon.

I wouldnt know how to rank my fav games thus far this year. I don't even feel that I need to. In 9 months, I have played and thoroughly enjoyed:

Yakuza 0
Yakua Kiwami
Neir: Automata
Rez Infinite
Breath of the Wild
Gravity Rush 2
Injustice 2
Destiny 2
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8
Sonic Mania
Arms

The only games I have not enjoyed were Final Fantasy 12, Hellblade and Horizon.

I loved Yakuza 0. It should probably make my top 5.

I really didn't like Persona 5. The pacing was just all over the place. But, I understand people enjoying it too. Just, taking 40 hours before things really kicked off.. I can replay Ys Oath in Felghana and have a much better time.

I am still hype for the Strange Journey remake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU

The weirdly anime stuff that was added feels so at odds with Kaneko's original art, I am still a bit worried though.

I loved Yakuza 0. It should probably make my top 5.

Majima and Link are my favorite characters this year. Majima's motivations and actions highlight how brilliant of a character you can craft with good exposition. Most agree his transition to Majima we've known kinda dropped the ball. I never bought into it even after beating Kiwami.

Link sits on the other side of that spectrum for me. No exposition but helps these characters in the game find peace and justice.

I still aim to give P5 a shot.

I'm reading Animal Farm again just 'cause.

Nineteen Eighty-Four is one of my favorite books. It had a really strong impact on me when I was younger. Animal Farm is awesome too.

Murakami's 1Q84 was really weird but I appreciated what he did very much. I still think Wind Up Bird Chronicle is his best work. Most people seem to disagree with me pretty strongly though. Kafka on the Shore is often cited as being his best but I don't know. Norwegian Wood is also very good but it his least surreal and most grounded book. I think you, Giancarlo and maybe Menome (my heart isn't completely open to Menome yet) would love Murakami if you aren't familiar with him yet. Especially Wind Up Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore.

Majima and Link are my favorite characters this year. Majima's motivations and actions highlight how brilliant of a character you can craft with good exposition. Most agree his transition to Majima we've known kinda dropped the ball. I never bought into it even after beating Kiwami.

Link sits on the other side of that spectrum for me. No exposition but helps these characters in the game find peace and justice.

I still aim to give P5 a shot.

I felt pretty devastated at the end of 0, regarding Majima.

prey was real good

I still need to play it. I don't know if I trust people comparing it to SS2 and whatnot. I would have bought it at launch if it wasn't stupidly expensive in Australia.

Hex

Banned
Power back, still no net and cel service spotty but managed to go to take Irma to a time limit draw. Back soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol that white supremacist in gaming thread

'no no it isnt that gaming is an introverted activity that targets middle to upper class that breeds ignorant, hateful manchildren and lacks moderation from a lazy, cheap group of developers, platform holders and publishers that promises this behavior through lack of action. THEY SNUCK IN!'

Anth0ny

Raw Viewership September 11 2017:

AVG: 2.903m

Raw Viewership September 14 2015:

AVG: 3.39m

Presented without comment

The response to the 2015 numbers back in 2015:
When last week's episode of Monday Night Raw drew just 3.38 million viewers, it was blamed on college football and the Labor Day holiday. This week, it wasn't expected to get much better, what with the debut of Monday Night Football on ESPN with a doubleheader that drew well (13.56 million viewers for Eagles vs. Falcons, 14.33 million viewers for Vikings vs. 49ers).

The good news is it did get better, it just was't by much. Raw drew an average of 3.39 million viewers for all three hours. Here's the hourly breakdown:

Hour one: 3.29 million
Hour two: 3.54 million
Hour three: 3.36 million

They avoided the huge drop the third hour saw last week due to the holiday but these are historically bad numbers without much hope of improvement any time soon.

Why aren't you writing about the new LiS Zach?! Why?!

This reminds me, that I should finish my 5 year old Persona 3 save.

I enjoyed Persona 3 more than 4 and 5, personally. But if you have a PS2 or emulator handy I would play SMT III/Nocturne. It is my favorite JRPG ever, I think.

lol that white supremacist in gaming thread

'no no it isnt that gaming is an introverted activity that targets middle to upper class that breeds ignorant, hateful manchildren and lacks moderation from a lazy, cheap group of developers, platform holders and publishers that promises this behavior through lack of action. THEY SNUCK IN!'

Is a dumb premise for a topic. The only qualifications one needs to game is to have money to blow and to lift up a controller.

Had he framed the argument around kids with unregulated exposure on the internet being susceptible to propaganda, he would be on point and yet still be wasting our time with something we already know.

RBH

Now that I'm done watching the Mae Young Classic, it may be time for me to unsubscribe from the Network..........nothing on the horizon that's really keeping me from subscribing at the moment

Top Bottom