• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

RBH

DJs6RFwVYAAP0ih.jpg:medium

Zach

Yeah that Al Green. I have little to no WCW knowledge before Nitro started. I had to look up Al Green's Wiki

Dude, you've gotta watch the Master Blasters. It appears the match I'm thinking of was from Halloween Havoc 1990. Go watch it. You'll know it's the right one if Master Blaster Blade (I think) whiffs a headbutt hilariously. Among other funniness. They're really bad.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I don't know if any of you listen to the LAW's NXT podcast, but this week had me shaking my head. Agnew apparently can't handle two women Japanese wrestlers working in the same company because he referred to Kairi as Asuka twice and said Kairi shouldn't be champion next because their styles are too similar (he clarified style as being "eclectic foreign babyface"). He also thinks Shayna should have won as Kairi is too small to believably beat her. I usually think his opinions are shit, but this is the first time I let out an audible "what the fuck" while listening to him.

Dude, you've gotta watch the Master Blasters. It appears the match I'm thinking of was from Halloween Havoc 1990. Go watch it. You'll know it's the right one if Master Blaster Blade (I think) whiffs a headbutt hilariously. Among other funniness. They're really bad.

Will do! I'll check it out after work today.

Kurita

Batista sure as hell seems like he has more range as an actor than Rock
The Rock hyping every movie he's in ever :
"Grateful to be part of this EPIC, HIGH IMPACT movie where I play a badass mothafucka. But my buddy *B-lister* stole the show. Can't wait to show this to everyone. #StayHungry"

klonere

Banned
I don't know if any of you listen to the LAW's NXT podcast, but this week had me shaking my head. Agnew apparently can't handle two women Japanese wrestlers working in the same company because he referred to Kairi as Asuka twice and said Kairi shouldn't be champion next because their styles are too similar (he clarified style as being "eclectic foreign babyface"). He also thinks Shayna should have won as Kairi is too small to believably beat her. I usually think his opinions are shit, but this is the first time I let out an audible "what the fuck" while listening to him.

Agnew is insanely bad.

Egregiously terrible presence on the LAW.

Scottify

Wrassle-GAF, since I value your opinions above most others, what are some of the most recent games you've purchased?

For me, I just bought Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 & Space Engineers, and contemplating Academia School Simulator. Wanted to see if I was missing anything good.

Kurita

Haven't bought a single game this year. For realsies. And I don't think I'll buy one.
I think I'm done with kideo games, I just watch/listen to Giant Bomb and that's enough. I play Overwatch every once in awhile tho and I might buy a Switch when it gets Pokémon.
Or give me Skate 4.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Wrassle-GAF, since I value your opinions above most others, what are some of the most recent games you've purchased?

For me, I just bought Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 & Space Engineers, and contemplating Academia School Simulator. Wanted to see if I was missing anything good.

Just bought Nier and Yakuza 0. I'm late to the party with those, but they're on sale in the PSN store this week for cheap enough that I jumped on them.

Heroman

Banned
Do people forget get that Shayna got her ass kicked early this year by a 5 foot Japanese women in a shoot fight?

Cagey

Banned

...I feel so old.

shaowebb

Damn, he's really good at playing a more understated role before the action gets in too. I think he's got a decent career ahead of him even outside the roles he's already picked up.

Dave needs to be as big as Schwarzenegger was. He's got the build and the popularity but more importantly he legitimately can act which is sometihng Schwarzenegger had a few hiccups on since he didn't have the range as an actor that Dave is showing.

Dave needs to be as big as Schwarzenegger was. He's got the build and the popularity but more importantly he legitimately can act which is sometihng Schwarzenegger had a few hiccups on since he didn't have the range as an actor that Dave is showing.
No way

I'm loving what I've seen of him in Blade Runner but he is not Schwarzenegger beyond "has muscles"

Arnold was more of a look than anything else to carry his movies that ranged from god-tier to ehhh

Batista is built like a muscley turtle

In that regard I think The Rock is way more fitting of that sort of role, but it would help if he had some iconic roles and wasn't in complete garbage 95% of the time

Batista also doesn't really have a persona beyond "nice guy" like Arnold does to where you'd check out whatever just to see him. He's a big dude that seems like he can act well

Foggy

Schwarzenegger also had Cameron, Verhoeven, McTiernan, Milius, and Lester to make bona fide classics with. Action cinema is definitely in a better place now, but it can't hold a candle to the 80s and mid 90s.

That said, I would fully endorse Batista showing up as the Kurgan in the Highlander remake that one of the John Wick guys is making.

Pikma

Banned
I've been calling this for a while now, of course they are making money off this shit booking. Hope it was worth it because the ship sailed already

There was someone who gets all the WWE finishes that made a killing at SummerSlam because not enough smart money came for them to adjust the line, and also, none of the actual finishes were changed at the last minute. He did a $3.36 parlay on ten matches, all of which he got right, and won $45,600. That was a key thing where I mentioned after the show that a lot of the gambling sites were considering dropping WWE because insiders that knew could make a lot of money and that level money was ridiculous. The company that got hammered hasn’t done parlays in a long time, and won’t be doing them again. It was noted that the one guy alone may kill the landscape because companies don’t want to open themselves up for those kind of losses in what is usually considered a minor fun thing of having odds on pro wrestling matches. It also should be noted that there are WWE talents betting heavily which is where some sites recognize and switch the odds when those bets come in

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are they going to finally get the WWE Championship off Jinder or what? Dude's been horrible and doing nothing of relevance other than complaining about the crowd every week being racist, and the novelty of Jinder being Champion wore off a long time ago. The gimmick of calling the audience racist is even dumber while he feuds with a ultra popular foreign national who speaks in heavily accented English.

I don't know what the hell they're waiting for. Nothing is going to make Jinder randomly interesting or a good worker.

Syder

I've been calling this for a while now, of course they are making money off this shit booking. Hope it was worth it because the ship sailed already
So the son of one of the writer's is just making thousands of dollars or something lol

Zach

Will do! I'll check it out after work today.
Abort! Abort! It's not Halloween Havoc '90.

It's Clash of the Champions XII. I think. I'm watching it now. >_>

Edit: Hahaha. Yep. There was the headbutt.

Oh my god, there was a second hilarious headbutt. Jesus.

Going through 96 - End of WCW makes me want to get a subscription to the Observer.

This match with Jericho/Neidhart on Nitro 156 has a weird finish. Jericho has him in the Liontamer and the referee calls for the bell at two different times yet Neidhart never taps. Then Neidhart looks upset after the match.

I know one of you MARKS has a sub to Da Meltz, is it worth it?

Abort! Abort! It's not Halloween Havoc '90.

It's Clash of the Champions XII. I think. I'm watching it now. >_>

Edit: Hahaha. Yep. There was the headbutt.

Oh my god, there was a second hilarious headbutt. Jesus.

Hahha okay I'll erase my note and watch Clash XII.

Nekofrog

Banned
Pop quiz time nerds: What was the worst company to company move a professional rawhsslur did in the Monday night wars? From the e to the dub or vice versa?

You know it's the damn Harris twins to wcw.

Are they going to finally get the WWE Championship off Jinder or what? Dude's been horrible and doing nothing of relevance other than complaining about the crowd every week being racist, and the novelty of Jinder being Champion wore off a long time ago. The gimmick of calling the audience racist is even dumber while he feuds with a ultra popular foreign national who speaks in heavily accented English.

I don't know what the hell they're waiting for. Nothing is going to make Jinder randomly interesting or a good worker.
There's an indian tour in December :/

Beefy

Mayeweather calling Trump a real man aha, fucking waste.

--------------

Don't know what they will do with New Day, given it is just Big E.

Zach

Hahha okay I'll erase my note and watch Clash XII.
Hey, whoa. I wouldn't recommend that. It earned a D in the Super Gradez. I was just saying you should check out that classic Master Blasterz affair.

Although I am watching the Steiners match later on and my goodness is my man Ricky Steiner over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's an indian tour in December :/

The chance that they keep the belt on Jinder for 3 additional months for a 2-date untelevised Raw tour doesn't seem very high to me. And people were insisting it was all for this Indian Tour months and months before there was any kind of actual Indian tour.

Angry Grimace

Do people forget get that Shayna got her ass kicked early this year by a 5 foot Japanese women in a shoot fight?

Right, but her opponent was listed at 164 whereas Kairi is listed at 115.

Top Bottom