• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

DJuSkGfUEAEPWJY

DJuSlMWVAAARAWf

W C DUB

THE GUY

Banned
Are they going to finally get the WWE Championship off Jinder or what? Dude's been horrible and doing nothing of relevance other than complaining about the crowd every week being racist, and the novelty of Jinder being Champion wore off a long time ago. The gimmick of calling the audience racist is even dumber while he feuds with a ultra popular foreign national who speaks in heavily accented English.

I don't know what the hell they're waiting for. Nothing is going to make Jinder randomly interesting or a good worker.
I want Owens to get the WWE title after he's done murdering Shane McMahon at HELL IN A CELL. Ideally at Survivor Series. But I think Nakamura will get it. He's a bore though, and I've not liked anything he's been a part of aside from the brief altercation with Styles, and the match with Orton.

I want to see Owens/Orton though. Always a pleasure to see someone beat him up. Not sure there's any noteworthy match for Owens at Wrestlemania with the belt, but they could always give it to Styles after Royal Rumble. Rollins/Styles for the WWE title would be pretty great.

There's a very short list of imports I've seen live who managed to be worse than Rikishi & Too Cool, but Lio Rush is up there. Like, no originality in his offence, no idea how to be a babyface or play to the audience and an absurd tough man attitude that would've been totally exposed had he not been in a flippy-do 6 man tag.

There's a very short list of imports I've seen live who managed to be worse than Rikishi & Too Cool, but Lio Rush is up there. Like, no originality in his offence, no idea how to be a babyface or play to the audience and an absurd tough man attitude that would've been totally exposed had he not been in a flippy-do 6 man tag.

Sabre managed to get a good match out of him, but his WWE career will die a quick death, even insulated in NXT.

1399305-never.jpg

Damn Arn Anderson just came to save Dean Malenko from the NWO. The crowd went insane.

c1a51cfb1aa3075ccd7f4244e6204d69--the-four-horsemen-wcw-wrestling.jpg

Flair looking like Bob there.

I don't know if any of you listen to the LAW's NXT podcast, but this week had me shaking my head. Agnew apparently can't handle two women Japanese wrestlers working in the same company because he referred to Kairi as Asuka twice and said Kairi shouldn't be champion next because their styles are too similar (he clarified style as being "eclectic foreign babyface"). He also thinks Shayna should have won as Kairi is too small to believably beat her. I usually think his opinions are shit, but this is the first time I let out an audible "what the fuck" while listening to him.

Your first mistake was listening to something from LAW that didn't have Wai Ting and John Pollock.

I've only seen Lio once, at his last CZW show, and don't really have an opinion on him yet, but the crowd was definitely behind him.

They even entertained his speech and sent him off with a thank you lio chant.

Who knows if he can pull the same thing off in NXT/205.

I've read it mentioned here several times, but what's the deal with Lio Rush's attitude issues or whatever

Any stories or just general word of mouth that he's a pain in the ass

Yoshitatsu at an AJPW signing event a few days ago;

9feUp2m.jpg

Apparently the poor guy only had a handful of fans interested throughout the event, kinda feel bad for him.

I've read it mentioned here several times, but what's the deal with Lio Rush's attitude issues or whatever

Any stories or just general word of mouth that he's a pain in the ass

Mostly just word of mouth, although there was an incident I recall last year where he lied to a promoter to get footage of a match, then uploaded the match to his youtube when he said he wouldn't and was a dick about it when the promoter asked him to take it down.

somedevil

Is that aside from those like Kairi who have already been signed? If so, do we have a list of who all has been signed so far?

In the tournament abby, bianca, dakota, lacey, Reina, Rhea, Sage, Sara, Taynara, Vanessa, Xia and Zeda and Kairi were already signed.

So out of the 19 remaining they offered 6 contracts:

Plus NXT spoiler:

The ROH faction has their women shooter in the group

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJudAJSW4AE6RCX.jpg:large

Ab game is strong.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I don't know how reliable it is, but Mia Yim was talking about being available for indie bookings on her twitter as of three days ago. She also mentioned doing a show on Oct 8th, so it doesn't look likely that she got a deal, which sucks.

Edit: Keep it 2000 I like a lot. The last episode they had the OSW crew on for Arquette's heel turn.

I don't know how reliable it is, but Mia Yim was talking about being available for indie bookings on her twitter as of three days ago. She also mentioned doing a show on Oct 8th, so it doesn't look likely that she got a deal, which sucks.
It's shitty and cynical to think, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were mainly interested in her to have another country represented in their tournament

So I found GFW in Canada on some novelty tv channel called Gametv, it's on a channel with Dragon's Den reruns and some Betty White Prank show.. and it seems the quality has gotten worse than TNA... if that's even possible

Raw64life

It's shitty and cynical to think, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were mainly interested in her to have another country represented in their tournament

The MYC was definitely less international than the CWC. Over half the field was USA and several other women spent most or all of their lives in the USA and just represented a different country because of their background. They shouldn't have even bothered with it.

Pikma

Banned
If they don't sign Kay Lee Ray, Jazzy and Mia Yim I'll consider MYC a failure. Big plus if they sign Tessa and/or Santana

Top Bottom