• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Syder

gKjOJfC.png
giphy.gif

Where do you even start?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if any of you listen to the LAW's NXT podcast, but this week had me shaking my head. Agnew apparently can't handle two women Japanese wrestlers working in the same company because he referred to Kairi as Asuka twice and said Kairi shouldn't be champion next because their styles are too similar (he clarified style as being "eclectic foreign babyface"). He also thinks Shayna should have won as Kairi is too small to believably beat her. I usually think his opinions are shit, but this is the first time I let out an audible "what the fuck" while listening to him.
Agnew is awesome when listening to him talk about anything BUT wrestling. His wrestling talk is godawful and shitty. And you just outlined what's crap.

Pikma

Banned
Like the news said they offered 6 contracts but no report yet if anyone of them accepted or denied them.
Yeah but Toni is still under contract with Stardom afaik, now I'm pretty sure both sides have already verbally agreed and there is no doubt she'll sign asap but I don't think WWE can offer her a contract yet

I'm about to go to a wedding. I just had a huge fight with my dad about the same-sex marriage stuff going on here right now. He ended up yelling at me and carrying on and I started shaking because I can't stand when confrontation gets so heated. He basically called me a pussy, harden up, if you can't handle this good luck in the real world. I basically had to say "I have emotional and mental health issues, what you are saying isn't appropriate." Half an hour later I am still shaking and trying not to burst into tears.

I can't stand any of this.

somedevil

NXT:

They decided to have a fatal 4 way to decide the women's title with kairi getting one spot and the other 3 decided by 3 way matches.

Recorded so far:

Liv vs Peyton vs Nikki
Ember vs Sonya vs Ruby

The last one it seems will be at the next tapings.

Plus here are the 4 main events of the tapings:

Adam Cole vs Eric Young
Roody vs Drew
Almas vs Gargano II
Sanity vs Undisupted

I'm about to go to a wedding. I just had a huge fight with my dad about the same-sex marriage stuff going on here right now. He ended up yelling at me and carrying on and I started shaking because I can't stand when confrontation gets so heated. He basically called me a pussy, harden up, if you can't handle this good luck in the real world. I basically had to say "I have emotional and mental health issues, what you are saying isn't appropriate." Half an hour later I am still shaking and trying not to burst into tears.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that shit. Keep your head up, brother.

I don't know if any of you listen to the LAW's NXT podcast, but this week had me shaking my head. Agnew apparently can't handle two women Japanese wrestlers working in the same company because he referred to Kairi as Asuka twice and said Kairi shouldn't be champion next because their styles are too similar (he clarified style as being "eclectic foreign babyface"). He also thinks Shayna should have won as Kairi is too small to believably beat her. I usually think his opinions are shit, but this is the first time I let out an audible "what the fuck" while listening to him.

Yeah, that's fucking stupid, believably means shit anymore and hasn't since the 80s if it did someone like Big Show would've gone years without losing, shit super heavy weights would almost never lose to someone smaller period since they could just lay on them with their weight. Never mind Shayna wasn't exactly a dominant MMA fighter either and the Kairi/Asuka comparison is just flat out ignorant.

Beefy

Damn, hope you feeling better soon man. Hope your dad apologies as well. Fuck that shit

Pikma

Banned

Stay strong my dude, I know how frustrating it is having to deal with just how wrong/misinformed/shit people can be about mental health issues. I've been dealing with severe depression for a while now and it's one of the reason why I disappeared for a little while and this is exactly why I'm usually afraid of opening up about it.

Let's get over this together.

Beefy

Stay strong my dude, I know how frustrating it is having to deal with just how wrong/misinformed/shit people can be about mental health issues. I've been dealing with severe depression for a while now and it's one of the reason why I disappeared for a little while and this is exactly why I'm usually afraid of opening up about it.

Let's get over this together.

I have got to the point if dudes don't accept I have depression/ anxiety then fuck them. I am mentally strong, but working in stressful places fucks me up. I get tired easy and shit.

That's horrible and I hope everything works out. You did nothing wrong, and it's okay to be upset

I've found myself in the same boat regarding some of those things, especially during my current year-plus long battle with depression. If you ever need something to talk about, or even just someone to talk to (or even just at, because sometimes it's just good to vent and get stuff off your chest, judgment-free), the PM box of at least one poster here is always open.

Beefy

That's horrible and I hope everything works out. You did nothing wrong, and it's okay to be upset

I've found myself in the same boat regarding some of those things, especially during my current year-plus long battle with depression. If you ever need something to talk about, or even just someone to talk to (or even just at, because sometimes it's just good to vent and get stuff off your chest, judgment-free), the PM box of at least one poster here is always open.

Yep, want to rant anytime you can pm me as i said to Sweeney. I may not be able to help much but shit helps.

Thanks for the support, friends. I'll be OK. It hit me harder than usual today and ended up bringing up a lot internally.

Having these issues being reduced to "but what about a baker who doesn't want to cater a homosexual wedding" makes me want to slam my face into a belt sander.

Zach

#LAPSED, you've got a friend in me, brother. I'm ready for the hot tag, duuude.

But seriously, people can be dumb and frustrating. There's no shame in living to fight another day if it's just too much right now. I'm sure other discussion opportunities will present themselves in the future. You can only do so much.

xoxo

#LAPSED, you've got a friend in me, brother. I'm ready for the hot tag, duuude.

But seriously, people can be dumb and frustrating. There's no shame in living to fight another day if it's just too much right now. I'm sure other discussion opportunities will present themselves in the future. You can only do so much.

xoxo

Thanks, Zach. I'm feeling a lot calmer now. Too much came up at once!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words, really. It means more to me than you likely know.

Wow I'm sorry to hear. That's a bummer. No one should have to go through that. Just go to the wedding and have a good time. Stay positive.

Zach

Keep it up and I'm going to take away your phone again.

That's right: it was me, OwensIsNow! It was me all along, OwensIsNow!

Mahonay

Banned

That shit is real tough. You handled that about as best as one could hope. Glad you seem to be doing ok though dude.
What's a juggalo
An alternative person.

Anth0ny

That's rough man, stay strong :(

But at least we know both know one thing... in times like this, pop on an episode of Lapsed Fan, and let the adventures in fraudulent fighting take your mind off the pains of real life, and instead place pains directly into your ass.

Sorry dude. This stupid survey has caused a lot of bullshit that really didn't need to happen. Hard to explain things to people when the media are running so much fake news on it. Will be glad to see the end of it and the law finally passed once and for all.

Top Bottom