• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I want to get Divinity: Original Sin 2 but I really should play part 1 first. I know that I don't need to but I feel like I would be missing out. Kinda playing playing Witcher 3 without playing Witcher 2.

miserable

DJvSoTyVAAIpzt-.jpg:large

fuck, I want to buy this. anybody knows how to buy from Suzuki's Piledriver shop? do they ship outside of Japan?

Nekofrog

Banned
i absolutely hate nintendo from most of the wii onward (though surprisingly wii sports is my game of the millenium to this day), but the lineup of the switch is actually solid if all you care about is nintendo games. the best zelda ever (barely edges out zelda 2), a 3d mario game that looks like it's going to destroy everything that came before it, and a strategy rpg game that is right up my alley

i have small bitches about the system (storage situation, voice chat lol) but overall i've already had more fun with it than I ever did my wii u. worth it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wii U is a great machine. I'll be playing it for years to come, meanwhile my PS3 got boxed up the second I got a PS4 and will only come out in the rare case of needing to transfer something over to Vita.

Nintendo consoles have always had fantastic games just from the first party support alone. Anyone who ever tried to suggest they weren't worth buying probably are Sonic stans.

Zach

Commentary (by order of Vince McMahon no doubt) fighting the crowd every step of the way. Back in '02.

This never would've happened if Ted Turner were still alive.

Holy crap, this crowd reaction for Hogan at Manio 18.

Hogan/McMahon and Rock/Austin at Wrestlemania XIX was also LOUD

Actually now that I think about it, Michaels/Jericho and Lesnar/Angle were too. Having the friggin Haitch/Booker match in the middle was kind of silly but I guess fans needed a break

Zach

Jim Ross with that amazing call when Hogan hits the legdrop, brother. Amazing.

And haha, The Rock won with that trash People's Elbow.

klonere

Banned
I always wonder how awful it would have been during the 70s/80s for Irish/English interactions if the net existed back then as it did now.

The IRA were much more prolific than any modern terrorists operating in the UK now.

I wonder if it felt as rote and routine as it does now; as inevitable and unfixable.

Beefy

I always wonder how awful it would have been during the 70s/80s for Irish/English interactions if the net existed back then as it did now.

The IRA were much more prolific than any modern terrorists operating in the UK now.

I wonder if it felt as rote and routine as it does now; as inevitable and unfixable.

Least they usually gave warnings. This is a different breed of terrorism.

klonere

Banned
Least they usually gave warnings. This is a different breed of terroriam.

It's more that there was ongoing dialogue between the two sides - but for 3 decades the dialogue was "Get out of the North" and "No fuck you" leading into bombings.

Hope no-one you know got caught up in that attack today. .

Beefy

It's more that there was ongoing dialogue between the two sides - but for 3 decades the dialogue was "Get out of the North" and "No fuck you" leading into bombings.

Hope no-one you know got caught up in that attack today. .

All are safe thanks, had to do phone calls. 4th time this year I have had to do it, it is getting depressing how frequent it is.

I like Cross, but even she feels not close to the level of athleticism as Asuka and some of the people coming in from MYC. Moon and Riot are probably the closest, but even Riot is kind of messy and is really just a female Sami Zayn

I've been in a constant state of euphoria for a little over a week now. I wonder when it's gonna come crashing down, dude.
Jim Ross with that amazing call when Hogan hits the legdrop, brother. Amazing.

And haha, The Rock won with that trash People's Elbow.
I really want to watch it now
My first memories are the build up to that match

Draxal

I like Cross, but even she feels not close to the level of athleticism as Asuka and some of the people coming in from MYC. Moon and Riot are probably the closest, but even Riot is kind of messy and is really just a female Sami Zayn

1. Moon's really good but no character.
2. Riot I don't know, I like her better than most of the main female roster, but her match with Moon was so disjointed.
3. The female roster needed a non horrible Braun and theres where the MYC shined.

NXT continues to remind of WWE's obsession with no-neck roided up former football players. Riddick is CAW as fuck and someone who would have been jobbing to Rude back in the day

klonere

Banned
Shoot:

PROGRESS booking has not been very good well over a year and has switched to very WWE style moment chasing style booking.

Zach

I've been in a constant state of euphoria for a little over a week now. I wonder when it's gonna come crashing down, dude.

I really want to watch it now
My first memories are the build up to that match
Do it.

Also, when it comes crashing down and it hurts inside, WrassleGAF will be here for you.

Ithil

She's not on Asuka's level of wrestling, but she has a lot of character and charisma that someone like Ember is lacking (in spite of being a better athlete).

Shoot:

PROGRESS booking has not been very good well over a year and has switched to very WWE style moment chasing style booking.

Yeah.....this is is what I was trying to get at the other day when I said I have no interest in Chapter 54. It feels like it's relying now on just big moment instead of chapter to chapter story telling. The chapter to chapter is there, but also kind of not?

Ill watch 55 for Dunne/Banks b/c I know it's going to be silly good. Banks is probably one of the best indie guys, if not the best, going right now for me.

klonere

Banned
Yeah.....this is is what I was trying to get at the other day when I said I have no interest in Chapter 54. It feels like it's relying now on just big moment instead of chapter to chapter story telling. The chapter to chapter is there, but also kind of not?

Ill watch 55 for Dunne/Banks b/c I know it's going to be silly good. Banks is probably one of the best indie guys, if not the best, going right now for me.

I've listened to a handful of podcasts about the topic. One of them pointed out how Chapter 54 was very much like a Raw go home show. None of the matches meant anything at all and it was just some cheap build to our big show. To be fair, they struggled with this at the last big show for Brixton but I think instead of learning anything from that they've gone in a pretty bad new direction.

The lame as fuck HHH knock off acts, constant interference, the worst gimmick to give any main eventer ever (a losing streak for Banks, what the FUCK), the pick your poison bullshit, senseless title switches (starting all the way back with Eaver winning the belt). The title switches are what get me the most - every title match except for the women's at the big show had already seen a switch between the two competitors. So they failed at exactly what WWE does as well - make those big moments feel big organically, make the big wins mean something instead of a cheap storytelling ploy.

The Tuesday Night JAW podcast is a constant stream of WWE apologist guff. The whole relationship with the Fed just makes things seem so...pointless. They are part of the machine now, which cheapens everything.

Good luck to them, I hope they get some good money from the WWE for their families but I'm pretty much done with PROGRESS (and have been for a long while).

Shoot:

I don't think there's been a huge change in the booking ethos, tbh - it was always about chasing the big moments to a degree, but the Havoc storyline that dominated the promotion was engaging enough to string it all together. British Strong Style didn't have that. They didn't have the strong reasoning for their turns that Jimmy did, they didn't provoke the same kind of heat and, ultimately, their run in PROGRESS has all been a bit of a blur. Comparatively, I remember every part of the journey Havoc took. It was compelling storytelling.

Also, I'd say PROGRESS are just growing at such an exponential rate that it's getting harder to keep everything flowing together, what with shows in three locations in the UK (soon to be four) and now holding shows in the US as well. The turnaround for the on-demand could really use improving with them running so many shows, and while I think Jim, Glen & John are proud of the fact that it's all mostly still done by them, perhaps it's time to expand.

I'll admit this is probably the year I've enjoyed PROGRESS the least since the promotion began, but I'm far from ready to write them off and want to see where they go free of the British Strong Style bullshit.

Top Bottom