• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sephzilla

What day of the week are we talking here? I usually-ish work till 5:30 PM Central M-F, duuude.

I get out of work at 4:30 central so 5:30 central is probably the earliest i can start on any day of the work week. 6:00 central is probably the most reasonable because then i get time for a quick bite to eat

Zach

I get out of work at 4:30 central so 5:30 central is probably the earliest i can start on any day of the work week. 6:00 central is probably the most reasonable because then i get time for a quick bite to eat
Yaaay.

...what? No. What? That's a terrible thing to say.
The Offspring is certainly better than Pennywise, sir.

P.S. How was your lunch date with SomewhatGravy?

>: )

Hmmm?

Ehhh?

I believe the current GWF World Championship contendership hierarchy goes something like this

1) BewareTheBatsie
2) sf2fanatic *
3) Pikma
4) Beefy **
5) FlammableD

* = Technically the rightful #1 contender but waived it for one match to allow Batsie to accept Professor Beef's challenge

** = Still has a rematch clause he can intact if he chooses to [Beefy is the last person who's allowed to have a rematch clause]
smh

That's not true! But it might as well be. They're all very samey. Even as a youth I figured that out with a quickness. Straight Ahead was the first Pennywise album I bought, though, so it's the one I care about. Kinda. I guess.

: )

When you're right, you're right. And you, you're right.

The one where they had the lead singer from Ignite sounded different, but yeah, that's Pennywise.

Pennywise is in the same arena as NOFX and Bad Religion for me. Where I just don't get why people love them and everything sounds the same.

Counter that with Big Boys, Cro-Mags, Bad Brains, Negative Approach, Descendents, all that shit clicks and it's also so easy to see how they were super important.

Sephzilla

you lost to Beefy with your own finisher after you got cocky and didn't go for a pinfall

yOfDgWi.gif

But at least your above Christian "Hasney" Cage in the rankings

Zach

Counter-point, the entirety of Ignition;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmhcADE8jvQ

Really good album.

The best thing the Offspring did was release AFI's best albums

I do like Black Sails in the Sunset.

Pennywise is in the same arena as NOFX and Bad Religion for me. Where I just don't get why people love them and everything sounds the same.

I used to love NOFX (and still pop 'em in on occasion) and Bad Religion (you're right that they can be samey, but they're still waaay better than Pennywise).

Also re: AFI, they are one of my favorite concerts. They were great live right after Sing the Sorrow. Loved it.

Ahh, that would have been dope, I always wanted to hear Miseria Cantare live. Saw them when I was young after Decemberunderground came out, at uni after Crash Love, then went to see Deftones at Alexandra Palace just to see the AFI support set with my wife.

Foggy

AFI before its goth pop punk phase was an S-tier concert experience. So was Andrew WK and his 17 guitarists. Andrew WK live felt 10x more heavy than the albums.

THE GUY

Banned
Braun is dope
They really should have done Brock/Braun at TLC. It would've been an easy way to get the title on Strowman while Lesnar doesn't have to get pinned or submitted. That way we could've gotten a short run where Braun destroys Balor and Bray, before finally getting the big rematch with Lesnar at Royal Rumble.

I wonder if Brock is going to be at Survivor Series. You would think so.

Zach and Hex, Porphyria is making me feel young and wanting to finger point. Which is a problem because I'm at work and I'm pretty sure office moshing is frowned upon

Very Proud Of Ya and the Hallows EP are my faves

Yeah, this discussion keeps sidetracking my Top 150 Albums by Women project. >_>

You just had to mention All Hallow's. God dang it. It's, like, the best.

If y'all really enjoy older AFI I recommended checking out Nerve Agents and Redemption 87. R87 members went on to be in AFI & Nerve Agents, and Nerve Agents were one of the other 'big' North Bay bands

So as of the NXT tapings last night, we know 3 of the 4 women competing for Women's Title at Takeover.

Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce vs. Ember Moon vs. ?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And why the heck are there 17 songs on this album? Was that necessary, Pennywise? No. It wasn't. You could've cut this thang down to 10 or 12 and it would've had the same effect. Or even a more pronounced effect.

I hate you, Pennywise. I hate you.
It's because a bunch of their songs are like 1:20.

I thought I was hot s when I learned "Alien" on the guitar, though. And so did the ladies, you know what I'm saying, OwensIsNow?! Yah! Whataboutit! Alriiight!

I think at one point I could do all of "Straight Ahead' and "Land of the Free" on guitar. I'm sure I still remember a lot of it via muscle memory. I mean, it's all just power chords.

But I mean, yeah they were a jam when I was 18, but I have a far better memory of every Lagwagon album and obviously stuff like Rancid's "...and Out Come the Wolves" than anything Pennywise did beyond Bro Hymn.

AFI's All Hallows EP is one of my favorite albums off all time.

Art of Drowning is a great album, but I legit don't think they made the wrong move not playing speed-punk beyond that album. They're definitely getting emo beyond Sing the Sorrow, but they're still good tunes and way more distinct than a guy dressed like a Vampire angrily shouting into a mic.

So as of the NXT tapings last night, we know 3 of the 4 women competing for Women's Title at Takeover.

Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce vs. Ember Moon vs. ?

Not going to be even vaguely surprised if
they try to bring Shayna Baszler in for that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone even listen to Samhain? Those were good days.

Top Bottom