• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Zach

It's because a bunch of their songs are like 1:20.
Don't matta. Short music for short people, brother.

I think at one point I could do all of "Straight Ahead' and "Land of the Free" on guitar. I'm sure I still remember a lot of it via muscle memory. I mean, it's all just power chords.
Not "Alien"! It had a little doodly part that I was proud of!

But I mean, yeah they were a jam when I was 18, but I have a far better memory of every Lagwagon album and obviously stuff like Rancid's "...and Out Come the Wolves" than anything Pennywise did beyond Bro Hymn.

Lagwagon and ...and Out Come the Wolves hold up, brother. Like 'em a lot to this day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ehhhhhhh. The more I go back and listen to them the more I kind of dislike Misfits. I don't hate them, but they're kind of in the corny territory for me.

I don't like anything I've heard by the Misfits or Samhain, and basically nothing other than the first Danzig album, and I don't like everything off of it either. It's not like the album Twist of Cain and 10 other songs just as good.

Foggy

Fair play to Kagetsu, she's been eating her spinach

giphy.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The first Offspring album is one of the most unintentionally funny albums in memory.

Dexter's vocal melodies make like no sense. It sounds like they recorded a bunch of speed punk with weedly-weedly metal solos and just slapped on largely unrelated vocal track of over.

My first album (that I was able to afford with my own money) was Toxicity. I don't recall really asking for albums before that since my mom let me listen to her stuff, and she was big on hip-hop so our tastes matched.

Menome

My first album(s) I bought for myself were Americana by The Offspring and The Man Who by Travis. Both purchased in December 1999, at least ten years before OwensInNow was born.

Both also purchased in the same week, so I can't remember which was first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All these first albums are humbling. The first album I borrowed from someone older was Sepultura's Beyond the Remains. First one I bought with my own money was Judah's Priest's Painkiller.

Kurita

Life's great.
Coming back from a year abroad means I only have to take 4 classes for my master this year.
Time to watch some grappling.

Top Bottom