• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even watching back now, nobody came came close to being a heel commentator like he did. Because doing that character without his incredible wit, his delivery makes you just seem like an obnoxious, delusional idiot.

It's so hard to watch modern indie promotions who insist on doing heel/face commentary teams and fail to come close to his act, literal decades later.

I wasn't around for his heyday, I wasn't even around for his twilight years but I'm gonna miss him :(

It's very rare to sit on the couch and think "this guy can think faster than I can, he's obviously very intelligent" - Heenan was. It wasn't just wit, but man, he was a good thinker and was always working to put the talent over more than himself. He knew his role in every aspect of the business and was able to deliver and make so many guys.

I am really gonna miss him. I already did, yknow, but this is just it.

RE the ladder match, CCK are both working hurt at the moment.

And yeah, Jimmy's PROGRESS hardcore matches have all told really good stories. The one with Pete especially is great.

I get that a lot of people are super down on it at the moment, and I agree with klonere on Banks' win not really being as big as it should have been. I've still been really enjoying PROGRESS, but I think getting BSS out of the picture should hopefully lead to people's complaints being addressed in a roundabout way.

Anyway, I've got my Wembley tickets, so let's see what the next year builds to!

I got mine! Feels weird buying tickets for a show that's over a year away.

Zach

Imagine a world where WCW won. Vince McMahon got out of the wrasslin' business and into shilling Herbalife or whatever. And then 16 years later WCW started running WrestleMania house shows in Poughkeepsie.

SHOOT
giphy.gif

Anth0ny

There are few people where I can say with certainty that he/she was the greatest of all time at a particular aspect of pro wrestling.

Heenan is one of them.

Anth0ny

the fucking scumbags, they blow their entire $50 budget on making 4 guys look good, plaster them all over the marketing for the game, and then everyone else still looks like a shitty ps2 model

Beefy

I reckon there is some graphical error on that Dean model. There is no definition at all. If not then they have fucked up bad.

Fox318

the fucking scumbags, they blow their entire $50 budget on making 4 guys look good, plaster them all over the marketing for the game, and then everyone else still looks like a shitty ps2 model
They put in as much effort with Dean's model as he does with his matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I reckon there is some graphical error on that Dean model. There is no definition at all. If not then they have fucked up bad.

Dean is lacking in definition as well.

From what I understand yakuza is still a big part of wrestling promotions. "Helping" wrestlers to sell tickets to shows as a front for money laundering and stuff like that. A lot of stories about wrestlers being at yakuza kid's birthday parties etc.

Wrestling as a whole is shady as fuck and was founded on shady as fuck grounds.

It is actively surprising when people who work in this business turn out to not be complete scum.

Not to mention afaik NJPW has no wellness policy or health standards for their wrestlers. Pretty much everyone there is likely using steroids of some kind.

klonere

Banned
Not to mention afaik NJPW has no wellness policy or health standards for their wrestlers. Pretty much everyone there is likely using steroids of some kind.

Dragon Gate Water isn't just a cute joke.

I mean look at how much definition Tozawa has lost since he came over to the Fed.

The attire in those 2K pics looks so cheap, like we never actually went past the PS2 era of Smackdown.
Day of Reckoning 2 still somehow comes across looking better I swear.

Fox318

They should just make a remaster of Here Comes The Pain. I would buy at a high price!

3E8uCP.gif

fuck yes.

I remember loving that story mode.

And I remember wanting to be the most white meat babyface then having great moments where I got tagged with a heel then I had a choice to run in and save him or not.

Of course.

Here in Aus, at least in somewhat rural areas, it is mainly outlaw motorcycle clubs that are prolific. Sex work is legal and (sorta) regulated here but it is still largely run by motorcycle clubs. Its kind of weird and somewhat similar to yakuza in some ways, in that, despite everyone knowing what is going on, they run a lot of charities, help out the local neighborhood and things like that.

Same with narcos in Mexico, they basically control all illegal activities or have ties to it, and sex trafficking is probably the second most important form of revenue to them. They also help develop the towns where they were born and live to keep the people quiet.

Also AAA probably has some money laundering scheme with narcos, because otherwise I do not understand how they manage to survive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We almost done with this unfunny "SHOOT" stuff? What a crummy month. I'm ready for Workvember. And 2018, Year of the Work.

We almost done with this unfunny "SHOOT" stuff? What a crummy month. I'm ready for Workvember. And 2018, Year of the Work.

I thought it was going to be Nak-vember, when he finally stops coasting in the WWE and starts performing like everyone's been wishing for.

And that's a SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was going to be Nak-vember, when he finally stops coasting in the WWE and starts performing like everyone's been wishing for.

And that's a SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Nak'll never need to work again. He's coastin'. Only guy who can knock him out of his funk is AJ Styles.

Top Bottom