• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

the universe mode is stupid fun

and by then, there will be at least one patch out to fix some of the bugs

hook me up bruh
Jabronis don't get the hook up!
If You Buy This Game You Are Already Dead

DKAzk7jWAAAgdYG.jpg:large
That model looks spot on.

Bound for Glory 2017 taking place November 5th in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Official poster only has the iMPACT! brand, press release has no mention of GFW

Recall

Nak'll never need to work again. He's coastin'. Only guy who can knock him out of his funk is AJ Styles.

He isn't coasting in a lazy sense, he is waiting for an opponent to actually do something with him. There are no reversal spots, nothing different, no-one is showing a hint of trying to do anything beyond a routine. It takes two to make a match.

His NJPW matches all vary to a huge degree because his opponents knew how to work. Corbin doesn't and neither does Jinder.

Nak'll never need to work again. He's coastin'. Only guy who can knock him out of his funk is AJ Styles.

That month when he was signed by WWE and nobody believed me about House Show Nakamura/Lazy Nak being a thing sure was fun

Now stories are regularly out about him recommending his friends come over because it's great that you can just chill/relax/do very little, and nobody's batting an eye anymore

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He isn't coasting in a lazy sense, he is waiting for an opponent to actually do something with him. There are no reversal spots, nothing different, no-one is showing a hint of trying to do anything beyond a routine. It takes two to make a match.

His NJPW matches all vary to a huge degree because his opponents knew how to work. Corbin doesn't and neither does Jinder.

Except he coasted with Joe and Cena

Give his ass opponents like Sami and AJ,put him to work!

Zach

Bound for Glory 2017 taking place November 5th in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Official poster only has the iMPACT! brand, press release has no mention of GFW

I look forward to NeoGAF Vince McMahon inviting me and SomewhatGravy over for this, only for us to arrive at a vacant lot.

I'm sure Nak is very aware he could go out and put on a 2.5 star match with anyone, good or bad, and not suffer for it and to some degree that's what he is doing right now.

Kurita

No lies detected

Recall

Bret Hart who consistently put on amazing PPV matches was notorious for taking it super lazy and safe in house show matches.

I don't think a WWE schedule lends itself to trying to put on a 4 star match every time you leave the gorilla position, and now the WWE is now longer about PPV buys im not sure where the line crosses.

I do want Nakamura to deliver something special every time I see him to back up the legendary intro so I can see why his run so far is considered disappointing.

Or he's learned that the best way to work and get over and make money is by not killing himself night after night like a total mark 🤔

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Such a backhanded jab at Jinder. Jinder does know, he's great. Corbin will learn.

That month when he was signed by WWE and nobody believed me about House Show Nakamura/Lazy Nak being a thing sure was fun

Now stories are regularly out about him recommending his friends come over because it's great that you can just chill/relax/do very little, and nobody's batting an eye anymore

200.gif

I look forward to NeoGAF Vince McMahon inviting me and SomewhatGravy over for this, only for us to arrive at a vacant lot.

You're worthless, Zachary. I want to meet you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nakamura had plenty of phoned in matches and a lazy reputation in NJPW with talented wrestlers. This isn't some opponent thing or WWE thing.

This is what happens when people only watch NJPW through gifs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be honest, though. When it comes to wrasslin, a production that takes its toll on your body - if you CAN manage to get away with doing less because you're super over - hell, you absolutely should.

While I agree Lazy Nak is a thing, he also doesn't HAVE to bust his ass like that, and I shouldn't expect him to. Bryan was the opposite of this. Over as hell, still did foolish breakout indie spots.

There is so much late era WCW stuff that I had no idea happened

Like this near death

dXo5C3q.gif
All these years later and it still does my head in that ICP somehow managed to worm their way into both the WWF and WCW.
As I said this isn't surprising.

Live events = house shows

Trying to sell tickets to avoid more HouseShowCrowd.jpgs and clearly WWE's name alone isn't enough anymore

I wonder how much longer until WWE brings back the wrestling bear.

Recall

Bret is my hero. He is the fucking best. Even when bitter and angry because he is a flawed human like everyone yet he genuinely cares about his craft and I respect that. He wanted to be the very best and backed that up so much over his entire career that even his fallout with HBK will never undo his legacy.

Anth0ny

nothing in wwe matters so it only makes sense that nakamura ain't working hard

Bret is my hero. He is the fucking best. Even when bitter and angry because he is a flawed human like everyone yet he genuinely cares about his craft and I respect that. He wanted to be the very best and backed that up so much over his entire career that even his fallout with HBK will never undo his legacy.

Everyone in that god damn dressing room knew he was the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. And if you don't like that, tough shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well, his career isn't important right now. On Smackdown, the clear frontrunner and face of that brand is Kevin Owens and he's being put over huge. Great for Owens. Very good stuff.

Zach

Nakamura had plenty of phoned in matches and a lazy reputation in NJPW with talented wrestlers. This isn't some opponent thing or WWE thing.

This is what happens when people only watch NJPW through gifs.

Look at this nerd. So proud that he watches the boring filler.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Everyone in that god damn dressing room knew he was the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. And if you don't like that, tough shit.

Stone Cold didn't know that
He reminded him of a jackass

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched a ton of Global Wrestling Federation in the early 90s. The Patriot was awesome and amazing. Great talent.

Recall

I mean, I'm pretty sure Austin could get a better match out of the Patriot than Brat Hart.

At Ground Zero?

I liked that match, it was poor at the start and no one cared making for the dullest of times but by the end it was awesome. Bret managed to get the live crowd care about the Patriot with those near falls and yes the match wasn't earth shattering it was still way better than you could have thought possible.

Observer reporting that due to being in Canada (a place he's not allowed to go to) for BFG and the next set of tapings, Cornette is done with iMPACT!

This is, of course, a problem because Cornette was brought in as the new onscreen authority figure at the start of the most recent tapings and is all over everything scheduled to air between now and then

If it wasn't clear - Starrcade is a WWE Network special.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/starrcade-2017-greensboro

Starrcade is back, and for the first time in 30 years, it's coming home.

On Saturday, Nov. 25, during Thanksgiving weekend, Starrcade returns when the Superstars of SmackDown LIVE descend on Greensboro, N.C., for a historic event at the Greensboro Coliseum.

The premier event of the National Wrestling Alliance and, later, WCW, Starrcade got its start in Greensboro on Thanksgiving 1983 with a star-studded lineup that saw Ric Flair defeat Harley Race to win his second of 16 World Championships. Starrcade remained in Greensboro through 1986 and was the stage on which legendary performers like Dusty Rhodes, The Four Horsemen, Magnum TA, The Rock ‘n' Roll Express and many more etched their names into sports-entertainment history.

As the calendar turned to the 1990s, a new generation of competitors emerged to take the Starrcade spotlight, like Sting, Vader and the nWo. The last edition of Starrcade under the WCW banner took place in December 2000.

Watch every Starrcade on WWE Network

Now, fans in Greensboro will get the opportunity to be a part of history, as Starrcade returns with an absolutely stacked card featuring two Steel Cage Matches. Matches announced* for the return of Starrcade include:

WWE Championship Steel Cage Match
Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

SmackDown Women's Championship Steel Cage Match
Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair

United States Championship Triple Threat Match
AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Texas Tornado Match
The New Day vs. The Usos

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler

Breezango vs Aiden English & Mike Kanellis w/ Maria Kanellis

The Hardy Boyz are also confirmed to appear at Starrcade in their home state of North Carolina, as are WWE Hall of Famers and Starrcade legends Ricky ”The Dragon" Steamboat and The Rock ‘n' Roll Express!

Tickets for Starrcade will be available starting Friday, Sept. 29, at 10 a.m. ET at Ticketmaster. Don't miss your chance to be a part of history as Starrcade returns!

*Talent and matches listed and depicted above are subject to change.

At Ground Zero?

I liked that match, it was poor at the start and no one cared making for the dullest of times but by the end it was awesome. Bret managed to get the live crowd care about the Patriot with those near falls and yes the match wasn't earth shattering it was still way better than you could have thought possible.
It was fine for what it was, and for the reasons you stated. But my comment was more to imply that Austin pre-injury was at least as good as Bret in the ring, and better in my eyes.

I recently watched the strap match Austin had with Savio Vega at Beware of Dog, and it's really good!

Put an "I sorta appreciate" in front of OwensIsNow and you've got my exact opinion of him.
Tell'im how you really feel.
Observer reporting that due to being in Canada (a place he's not allowed to go to) for BFG and the next set of tapings, Cornette is done with iMPACT!

This is, of course, a problem because Cornette was brought in as the new onscreen authority figure at the start of the most recent tapings and is all over everything scheduled to air between now and then
DsSRywK.gif

If it wasn't clear - Starrcade is a WWE Network special.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/starrcade-2017-greensboro
Hope we still get Attendance.png

Top Bottom