• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Happy Twin Peaks day, friends

DIxV7GNXgAAX7mU.jpg:large

I still haven't watched last year's BOLA *shrug*

That's the thing with the amount of wrestling available today, PWG just doesn't feel that special any more. It's matches for little rhyme or reason, and the last time I really *really* gave a damn was when Generico & Steen were tearing it up and the Bucks were feuding with the Smash Bros.

That's the thing with the amount of wrestling available today, PWG just doesn't feel that special any more. It's matches for little rhyme or reason, and the last time I really *really* gave a damn was when Generico & Steen were tearing it up and the Bucks were feuding with the Smash Bros.

BOLA"s are fun but after a while they begin to feel like a theater production

What is the likelihood Riddle gets busted for weed in Japan?
Seeing how open he is about it, extremely likely if he isn't careful

What people have said is it's not so much having it in Japan but trying to enter/exit the country with it. If he can avoid that he would, in theory, be ok

There's a lot of overreacting going on about Riddle and the weed - as long as he doesn't bring any in or out, he's fine. I'm not sure it's very prevalent in the NJ locker room, but it doesn't seem that uncommon in Japanese wrestling as a whole. He'll run into someone out there. And besides, he's previously said he used to cut it out 3-4 weeks before a fight anyways, and NJ tours rarely go longer than 3 weeks.

Egg0

Banned
So when Riddle gets banned from Japan, one night in.

Who replaces him? Is Big Mike unavailable or is already in the tag tourney? If not, that's my pick.

Foggy

PWG still has value as the NBA Jam of pro wrestling. If you can't find value in that, I don't know what to say for you, JACK.

Of course, don't work yourself into a shoot. Remember when we all thought that Cody Rhodes would be in the G1? Even with rovert and Big Dave saying it, I'm not getting too hyped about it until it happens.

Also, Big Dave's biceps veins are out of control.

To be fair, Cody flat out said he was going to be in it. Either something changed or he confused hisself with the G1 Special.

Can't wait to see Menome and Zach lock up

In the next GWF event

And also, Natalya is a champion now? When did this happen? (tbh, this was long overdue)

Big Package Dave saying NJPW got Riddle and Cobb for the tag-tourney

yesssssssssss

wonder if rush will be back too

I agree mostly, but Penta & Fenix vs Hero & End was really good - one of my favourite matches of the year, and the ten man comedy match was hilarious. Not going to be the same without excalibur blasting cole. :(

And also, Natalya is a champion now? When did this happen? (tbh, this was long overdue)

the last ppv.

PWG still has value as the NBA Jam of pro wrestling. If you can't find value in that, I don't know what to say for you, JACK.

Everywhere's booking crazy "dream" matches nowadays, PWG doesn't seem all that much more special in comparison and (while I've no doubt it's an awesome time in person) the shine's worn off by the time the shows are released on DVD.

Anth0ny

They were too busy singing to notice the match going on.

I don't know if there's anything on this earth to make a crowd to react like this nowadays:

mother fuckers jumping around like they won the lottery from arn delivering that FUCKING DDT on the stinger, brother.

PWG still living in 2007 and only releasing DVD's (or year old events on-demand) puts them well behind a ton of other promotions in my viewing list.

Foggy

Everywhere's booking crazy "dream" matches nowadays, PWG doesn't seem all that much more special in comparison and (while I've no doubt it's an awesome time in person) the shine's worn off by the time the shows are released on DVD.

I've watched my fair share of super indies and it goes past just the dream matchups. Everyone's bought into the idea that it's a buena vista social club with all the cheat codes turned on. It's spectacle and I dig that. I can also see why people don't, but I don't agree that it's become redundant.

Besides, if you're releasing this stuff a month after the fact then long-term or even short-term booking is kind of useless. Their creative model fits the business model. And at the end of the day, they're still the most reliable super indie out there and nobody does what they do better.

Everyone's bought into the idea that it's a buena vista social club with all the cheat codes turned on. It's spectacle and I dig that.

I guess I'm just over it. Love a good spotfest, not a whole card of them.

I miss when PWG were the tastemakers. They'd use ROH guys better than ROH and they'd find the fresh, exciting talent before anyone else - now it's just a cavalcade of names I can see elsewhere. Even in the past few years, it seems like the wrestling world's contracted - PWG was the only place bringing in UK guys, they were the only place using LU guys, but now? They're one of many.

I don't know if there's anything on this earth to make a crowd to react like this nowadays:

mother fuckers jumping around like they won the lottery from arn delivering that FUCKING DDT on the stinger, brother.

XXeEiY8.gif

Biggest pop I've ever experienced in person!

klonere

Banned
I guess I'm just over it. Love a good spotfest, not a whole card of them.

I miss when PWG were the tastemakers. They'd use ROH guys better than ROH and they'd find the fresh, exciting talent before anyone else - now it's just a cavalcade of names I can see elsewhere. Even in the past few years, it seems like the wrestling world's contracted - PWG was the only place bringing in UK guys, they were the only place using LU guys, but now? They're one of many.

Biggest pop I've ever experienced in person!

This was was up there as well, not on the Ospreay pop level but a surprising one!

EjZjvdZ.gif

Top Bottom