• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Wonder who he watching?

Well according to that tweet, BOLA last year was when they made agreements with Cole, Fish, O'Reilly, and Ohno. So who knows.

Meltzer this morning said Ricochet will likely be free to sign anywhere around the first of the year, and he thinks he'll end up in WWE. That's been a pretty foregone conclusion for a while though, similar to what Cole was.

Beefy

Well according to that tweet, BOLA last year was when they made agreements with Cole, Fish, O'Reilly, and Ohno. So who knows.

Meltzer this morning said Ricochet will likely be free to sign anywhere around the first of the year, and he thinks he'll end up in WWE. That's been a pretty foregone conclusion for a while though, similar to what Cole was.

Riddle is Bola right? May go for him as well?

DI0rRgYXgAA9vUP

Riddle is Bola right? May go for him as well?

They might, but NJPW might also. WWE's had years to sign him and haven't, so maybe they're content with just letting him go. Hell, the whole reason he mainly started in Evolve is because Triple H told him to go there when he was at a WWE tryout.

Notable names at BOLA who will be free agents soon (or already are) that we know of:

- Ricochet
- Riddle
- Haskins
- Omega (it's likely he re-signs, but he will be available)
- Scurll

Now of course, if LU doesn't pull together funding (and it ain't looking good), most of those guys enter the market as well. And Meltzer mentioned this morning that he thinks WWE would be interested in Pentagon.

That'll be a fun week until he starts getting suspensions and fines because just being around his piss gets the testers high.

Weed isn't a suspension in WWE. Just a fine.

You know that the Fight Club boys are DG nerds cos they brought over Eita.

Dude is SO fucking good.

Fight Club is run by Dunne, right? Or is it Seven?

Yeah, if you're saying lol @ the prospect of Riddle being in Japan without facing trouble for his weed love, you'd better be saying the same about him being in WWE

Matt Sydal's never coming back to either for the exact same reason

Yeah, if you're saying lol @ the prospect of Riddle being in Japan without facing trouble for his weed love, you'd better be saying the same about him being in WWE

Matt Sydal's never coming back to either for the exact same reason

lol WWE doesn't care about talent smoking weed. Tons of guys do it and just pay the fine. Sydal was suspended for synthetic stuff. And Riddle's issue is less that he does it and more about how vocal he is about it.

I'm sure NJPW as a company doesn't care either, but the country of Japan cares a hell of a lot more about it than the US.

Beefy

I hope LU fails, the contract shit is messed up. That and it leaves Sexy Star with even less people kissing her ass.

So long as Riddle avoids the synthetic stuff and doesn't pull a Swagger getting pulled over for a DUI, he can just quietly pay the fine like most others do presumably in the WWE.

On the negative percent chance it ever happened, it would admittedly be nice to see WWE sign him for the one billion percent chance the WWE Fans would dance around (ignore or downplay) or support him publicly saying he smokes weed so he doesn't beat his children

how many years until cody is back

he's gonna be back eventually

doubt he'll get pushed at all outside of the ic title again but hey he'll probably get a nice paying contract

doubt he'll get pushed at all outside of the ic title again but hey he'll probably get a nice paying contract

2019 at the earliest. He really wants to still be in the indies when Danielson comes back so he can do that match at least once

Beefy

How long before WWE owns all the good wrestlers and buys up all the good talent as well. Making it so only WWE and NJPW exist?

Hasney

On the negative percent chance it ever happened, it would admittedly be nice to see WWE sign him for the one billion percent chance the WWE Fans would dance around (ignore or downplay) or support him publicly saying he smokes weed so he doesn't beat his children

I don't give a shit either way, it should be as legal as alcohol..

Anth0ny

why is japan so weird about weed

considering how ingrained into the culture smoking cigarettes is, I would have thought marijuana would have long been legalized there... yet they have these crazy strict rules against it. it's strange.

[weed] should be as legal as alcohol..

Agreed completely

Matt Riddle said:
I've been smoking weed since I was 13 and look at me. I'm in the UFC and I smash people with a smile on my face. It's not a performance enhancing drug. It makes me relax. It makes me happy. Honestly, it probably keeps me from beating my three kids because they're always screaming and crying at me and my wife's crazy and you know what life's like. It's hard sometimes and honestly, I like to go to my game room and rip a tube and just sit back and relax and enjoy a 20 minute show, go out, see my family, take care of everything I have to take care of, and that's what I do. A lot of people think it's okay to drink a fifth of jack and beat their wife. I don't.

Disagreed completely

Never hopefully, he's basically a worse Dolph Ziggler in every aspect, and say that as someone who hates Ziggler

He'd have been lucky to make it out of OVW if he wasn't connected.

Beefy

why is japan so weird about weed

considering how ingrained into the culture smoking cigarettes is, I would have thought marijuana would have long been legalized there... yet they have these crazy strict rules against it. it's strange.

Green is illegal in UK. But as long as you aint growing it they don't give a shit. Weed is fuck all compared to alcohol.

Jamie OD

Great end to King Of Trios today. As shown earlier in this thread, Sendai Girls Vs British Strong Style was the final and it delivered big time. I was surprised by the match up but Chikara has pulled off some crazy inter-promotional matches in these tournaments for years now. It was an amazing match that includes a dive off of a castle!

2017 should absolutely be remembered as the year of British Strong Style and if custom comps still exist, a Best of BSS set should be high priority to be made. Just look at who they fought this year alone: The Elite, Ringkampf, CCK and Kings of the North. Then there's the other trips matches against combinations of Ospreay, Scurll, Haskins, Banks, Callihan, Dijak, Keith Lee, War Machine & Jeff Cobb. Now they have three more great matches with Team WhiteWolf, The Throwbacks and Sendai Girls to add to the list. This should absolutely be a stable that is remembered fondly years from now.

The unmasked clause is of course not inherently bad, he could always be Dr Wagner levels of handsome and it opens new doors for potential

But the jobbing to Bray part would be definite death

Pentagon would probably do well in NXT, better than any Lucha guy before him, because he's got a great gimmick, a ton of charisma, and can cut promos in Spanish well enough and with enough energy to get over. He's got cross-cultural intangibles like Asuka did and still does. They'd likely not strip him of his mask like they did with Sombra (who also lost his gimmick by proxy because CMLL owns Los Ingobernables) and he has way more charisma than Kalisto. He's legitimately cool and would move a shit ton of merch (by NXT standards at least).

Of course, Vince would ruin him, but I do think he'd succeed more in NXT than Sombra or Kalisto ever did.

Top Bottom