• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Definitely checking out DDT later.

PAX Rumble is kicking off, Suda51 is in it to win it

Edit:
Kenny Omega
just showed up VIA SATELLITE BROTHER

Beefy

Two of the black people threads on OT make me pissed and a lil depressed. So many white dudes trying to call blatant racist shit other stuff.

I still haven't watched last year's BOLA *shrug*

That's the thing with the amount of wrestling available today, PWG just doesn't feel that special any more. It's matches for little rhyme or reason, and the last time I really *really* gave a damn was when Generico & Steen were tearing it up and the Bucks were feuding with the Smash Bros.

I guess the edict when PWG was that it was never supposed to be a consistent story or narrative driven Indy promotion, it was always supposed to be an ensemble promotion where they'd just book whatever high quality workers in the world are available & just have them put on incredible Wrestling exhibitions.

I do agree however that with the amount of high Wrestling around the world available to us thanks to the Internet, most people feel like they can wait now to catch up on a particular product. I haven't watch last year's either & I'm still working my way through this years G1.

Think I will just get BOLA night 2 for the tag match. I also haven't watched last year's

So much good wreslting on demand it's hard to wait for a DVD to show up

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DIvrg5sUQAAyp62.jpg

"aw yea cant wait to support my girl the design on the front is great now lts see whats on the ba-"
DIvrhdpUQAAXtqD.jpg

Really the only thing that keeps PWG relevant is that they keep that exclusivity and attract celebrities because of their location. Like the fact that they only ever run a 400 seat building and give tickets to the Rousey's and Meltzer's of the world. Lose that and then they really would be just another drop in the bucket promotion. So their biggest weakness is also their biggest strength in that regard.

I hear stardom have a tourney on right now. I signed up a couple of days ago but haven't had any time to take a look. Where should I start? (if there's stuff I should watch before it to get context/understand storylines I'm game)

I hear stardom have a tourney on right now. I signed up a couple of days ago but haven't had any time to take a look. Where should I start? (if there's stuff I should watch before it to get context/understand storylines I'm game)

I would go back to Mayu vs. Io on June 21st. Then go from there.

But if you just watch the tournament, you still shouldn't be too confused.

I feel like WWE has something positive and special in Nia but they refuse to work with it the right way

I don't see it at all. Even on Instagram, where her personality shines the most, it still would just make for an alright babyface and she can't work at all so she has nothing to supplement that just okay personality and completely wooden promo ability.

Nia should really still be in developmental, she's still shockingly green.

She's been there over three years now, and is not a great advertisement for the Performance Centre.

I don't see it at all. Even on Instagram, where her personality shines the most, it still would just make for an alright babyface and she can't work at all so she has nothing to supplement that just okay personality and completely wooden promo ability.

It's more of the fact WWE has someone who can 100% push positivity and confidence in ones self. She's a walking PR dream for kids, especially young girls, who have self esteem or body issues.

I need this explained to me why they blurred out the What Culture title in this Joe Hendry promo and the commentary even censored the word culture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=Km5QTB5G9QU

SHOOOTZZZZZZZ1!!1

Dunno to be honest. ANuclearError might be more up on ICW storylines, but I assume the bit is that The Management don't want to reference another promotion. Maybe with a dash of WWE affiliated ICW not being allowed to do anything with What Culture

It's more of the fact WWE has someone who can 100% push positivity and confidence in ones self. She's a walking PR dream for kids, especially young girls, who have self esteem or body issues.

Yeah, but they could hire Piper Niven who is better in every way and can preach the same message.

Like I get what you are saying, and they are absolutely using Nia the wrong way, but I just don't think Nia has it in her to really be great in any role given her deficiencies.

Hex

Banned
Bayley needs to evolve.
Ok, you were a little girl who loved WWF and wanted to be a wrestler. ----> Won belt, headlined show = Big moment.
Chapter One over and done.

What now?
Everything still goes back to "I watched these people, I wanted to be one of these blah blah blah"

It is why Sasha does nothing for me too.
"I'm the legit Boss" um ok.... *little shuffle dance move and holds rings up* ooookay that worked in the beginning, but she is still using the same exact shit. She has not evolved at all.

Bliss totally evolved and ran with it.
Emma has evolved though her new thing is weird.
Carmella has evolved since starting flat when called up.

Character evolution is a valid point but it really depends if they're given the opportunity, judging by the way Sasha spoke of Raw's booking the other day, I'm guessing she's not getting much space to decide much of anything.

Hex

Banned
Character evolution is a valid point but it really depends if they're given the opportunity, judging by the way Sasha spoke of Raw's booking the other day, I'm guessing she's not getting much space to decide much of anything.

I agree.
I think sometimes though they have to take a risk and throw it out there

somedevil

She explained it that NXT books in advance and Raw you don't know whats happening till you arrive in the building.

Top Bottom