• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Great end to King Of Trios today. As shown earlier in this thread, Sendai Girls Vs British Strong Style was the final and it delivered big time. I was surprised by the match up but Chikara has pulled off some crazy inter-promotional matches in these tournaments for years now. It was an amazing match that includes a dive off of a castle!

2017 should absolutely be remembered as the year of British Strong Style and if custom comps still exist, a Best of BSS set should be high priority to be made. Just look at who they fought this year alone: The Elite, Ringkampf, CCK and Kings of the North. Then there's the other trips matches against combinations of Ospreay, Scurll, Haskins, Banks, Callihan, Dijak, Keith Lee, War Machine & Jeff Cobb. Now they have three more great matches with Team WhiteWolf, The Throwbacks and Sendai Girls to add to the list. This should absolutely be a stable that is remembered fondly years from now.

I'm in for Meiko Satomura anytime, friend. Her KoT match against Team ROH is still incredible.

Hex

Banned
Yeah, if you're saying lol @ the prospect of Riddle being in Japan without facing trouble for his weed love, you'd better be saying the same about him being in WWE

Matt Sydal's never coming back to either for the exact same reason

Ricochet has the same issues, and everyone keeps bringing him up.

Egg0

Banned
Pentagon in the the E would be super weird. I don't know if he can cut a promo in english, but I could see someone over there giving him a valet/translator.

Pentagon cuts a killer promo in spanish, followed by the calmest, mellow, wooden translation.

Hex

Banned
Penta El 0 Dimes w/ Enzo vs Tozawa w/ Titus

I would like it only to see Pentagon stiff the shit out of Enzo with some thigh kicks and chest slaps.
But I would think that Gran Metalik and Kallisto are huge warning signs.
On the other hand, he is not like the Elite and Marty and crew and making money, so I would like to see him take a short contract and take the money and run

Foggy

Pentagon in WWE would be a tragedy so it's about guaranteed to happen. I'd be much happier if they just kept signing guys like Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly.

Also no more Pentagon death matches would be tragic as well.

Ricochet has the same issues, and everyone keeps bringing him up.

Ricochet is nowhere near as vocal about it as Riddle and has never gotten in trouble like Sydal.

Like I said before, WWE does not care about weed. Tons of talents do it and just pay the fines. It's about the most open secret there is. But they probably don't want guys like Riddle who are so open and screaming it from the rooftops.

The People's Champion
tumblr_mu8gyfNQI91s83ffjo1_400.gif

Recall

Okada vs Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 7 was incredibly exciting and dramatic. The pacing was sublime and it built to a wonderful yet surprising conclusion.

I'm about to watch their rematch at Invasion Attack 2013...I have high expectations!

Okada vs Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 7 was incredibly exciting and dramatic. The pacing was sublime and it built to a wonderful yet surprising conclusion.

I'm about to watch their rematch at Invasion Attack 2013...I have high expectations!

Invasion attack 2013 is probably their best match

Enjoy it

Pentagon in the the E would be super weird. I don't know if he can cut a promo in english, but I could see someone over there giving him a valet/translator.

Pentagon cuts a killer promo in spanish, followed by the calmest, mellow, wooden translation.

Even his Spanish promos are meh, then again in Lucha Libre mic skills are hardly required.

Egg0

Banned
Even his Spanish promos are meh, then again in Lucha Libre mic skills are hardly required.

I don't know, I think he "sounds" good while doing them. I don't understand what's being said unless there are subtitles like in LU.

If I could audibly understand spanish, he could sound like Dolph Ziggler to me.

Hex

Banned
Ricochet is nowhere near as vocal about it as Riddle and has never gotten in trouble like Sydal.

Like I said before, WWE does not care about weed. Tons of talents do it and just pay the fines. It's about the most open secret there is. But they probably don't want guys like Riddle who are so open and screaming it from the rooftops.

Actually you are right, that could be why Ricochet has toned it down the jokes and the wink winks considerably this year.

Hex

Banned
How gay will this Ibushi Omega feud get? I feel like the answer should be "very" but that would only make sense in DDT, not NJPW.

I guess that would probably depend on what Tumblr fan fics you are a fan of, because other than that I do not believe sexuality really factors in?

I don't know, I think he "sounds" good while doing them. I don't understand what's being said unless there are subtitles like in LU.

If I could audibly understand spanish, he could sound like Dolph Ziggler to me.

He's very intense, sure, but most stuff he says is generic as fuck, he'll probably deliver on a more storytelling oriented wrestling environment like WWE, but if it was up to me, the less he spoke the better it'll work for his gimmick.

Every time I see Penta El 0 M or whatever his dumb name is, I think of Kingdom Hearts and that series's dumb as dirt naming convention.

Recall

I fucking love pro wrestling.

Tanahashi obliterated that arm, Okada decimated that head, that fucking drama...it was wonderful.

It was totally different from their Wrestle Kingdom match and Tanahashi applied what he learned from that match to keep Okada at bay but Okada's gameplay was still enough to prevail. That arm work by Tanahashi was godly, it added so much and made Okada's win even more impactful for how much he had to overcome.

Heroman

Banned
I always draw ratings. Even more when i take beef's title at the next GWF. Beside i sent your ass to jobberville
Sure you did, it not like that the Gm of gwf , zilla ,has it in for me and always books me when I just after my high profile GJPw matches and always makes me do the job.
But after you beat beffy I will be the one to kick your butt.

gun_haver

i don't get why people think wwe needs more talented in-ring performers OR why people think those same talented in-ring performers should sign with wwe.

the wwe has the most talented roster of any generation right now by far in terms of athleticism - you've got cesaro, aj styles, neville, luke harper, sasha banks, charlotte and many others, all contributing excellent in-ring skills in a variety of styles and many, many, many others. what the hell would another 'whoah that was a good match' kind of guy add to the mix? wwe has it's brand and it shapes people to fit it, nobody is going to suddenly explode into the mainstream with a 'good match' - that's how you keep fans, not how you get fans.

so as far as yet more big name indie or NJPW signings go, nah. stay where you are and make some money, but wwe has a megaroster already and has no idea how to leverage it into a new boom era. you've even got promo guys like kevin owens floating around, and he's even actually pretty good in the ring and capable of being a good guy for an in-ring master like aj styles to lead, and yet it still doesn't connect.

i say they should work on what they have and settle the fuck down with the unwarranted expansion mentality.

in this environment, what would omega really add? okay so you have yet another guy capable, but either not inspired or allowed to, of having a 5 star amazing athletic or style-based match. great. his promos are also okay. great. they've got about 15 guys who fit that same criteria already and have managed to leverage exactly nothing out of them in terms of expansion. so why don't they just settle the fuck down and work on making the show watchable?

i don't get why people think wwe needs more talented in-ring performers OR why people think those same talented in-ring performers should sign with wwe.

the wwe has the most talented roster of any generation right now by far in terms of athleticism - you've got cesaro, aj styles, neville, luke harper, sasha banks, charlotte and many others, all contributing excellent in-ring skills in a variety of styles and many, many, many others. what the hell would another 'whoah that was a good match' kind of guy add to the mix? wwe has it's brand and it shapes people to fit it, nobody is going to suddenly explode into the mainstream with a 'good match' - that's how you keep fans, not how you get fans.

so as far as yet more big name indie or NJPW signings go, nah. stay where you are and make some money, but wwe has a megaroster already and has no idea how to leverage it into a new boom era. you've even got promo guys like kevin owens floating around, and he's even actually pretty good in the ring and capable of being a good guy for an in-ring master like aj styles to lead, and yet it still doesn't connect.

i say they should work on what they have and settle the fuck down with the unwarranted expansion mentality.

I don't know that anyone wants WWE to sign even more guys, but the simple fact is that they will, so it's interesting to speculate on who might be next.

It's like a death pool of sorts.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Bingo.

Not everyone moderately talented has to sign a contract letting them spend their prime of their career wasted on fucking 205 Live. This is the best time since the death of WCW to make a name for yourself outside the system.

Draxal

Pentagon would probably do well in NXT, better than any Lucha guy before him, because he's got a great gimmick, a ton of charisma, and can cut promos in Spanish well enough and with enough energy to get over. He's got cross-cultural intangibles like Asuka did and still does. They'd likely not strip him of his mask like they did with Sombra (who also lost his gimmick by proxy because CMLL owns Los Ingobernables) and he has way more charisma than Kalisto. He's legitimately cool and would move a shit ton of merch (by NXT standards at least).

Of course, Vince would ruin him, but I do think he'd succeed more in NXT than Sombra or Kalisto ever did.

I mean La Sombra is fucking amazing.

Top Bottom