• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I mean La Sombra is fucking amazing.

He is. No doubt. But they made mistakes with him. Mainly removing his mask and trying to make him a babyface right off the bat. They've course corrected well now and I think his current gimmick is working. His match with Gargano was amazing.

My point isn't that Sombra isn't on Pentagon's level. At his best, he's better. My point is that they made mistakes with him that I don't think they'd make with Pentagon.

WHAT??

DI0rRgYXgAA9vUP

Foggy

He is. No doubt. But they made mistakes with him. Mainly removing his mask and trying to make him a babyface right off the bat. They've course corrected well now and I think his current gimmick is working. His match with Gargano was amazing.

My point isn't that Sombra isn't on Pentagon's level. At his best, he's better. My point is that they made mistakes with him that I don't think they'd make with Pentagon.

That's some real unearned optimism there

Sasha's new Twitter bio says "Jeremiah 29:11", which is
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Remember when she was openly posting on tumblr responses basically saying she was looking forward to her release over how bad she was booked? And then they made her have two more ridiculously short pointless title reigns, and now she's publicly doing interviews saying she's even more unhappy?

At this point I don't think you even have to keep an eye on a contract expiration date for her

Draxal

I don't mind taking of the mask, but yeah they fucked him up.

Honestly, I had his match with Gargano as the best match of the weekend with Usos/TND and Asuka/Ember fighting for second.

DMczaf

Zach!!

FOX Sports Mexico and WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced the launch of a new weekly Spanish-language show, WWE Saturday Night, featuring the best action and family-friendly entertainment from WWE, beginning tomorrow, September 2 at 9 p.m. CDT on FOX Sports 2.

latest

Foggy

Sasha's new Twitter bio says "Jeremiah 29:11", which is

Remember when she was openly posting on tumblr responses basically saying she was looking forward to her release over how bad she was booked? And then they made her have two more ridiculously short pointless title reigns, and now she's publicly doing interviews saying she's even more unhappy?

At this point I don't think you even have to keep an eye on a contract expiration date for her

If she has the moxy to walk, then bless her. It's not easy for female wrestlers in general, but if she has the ambition she could probably make it worth her while. I'd imagine she could at least make Cody money.

I don't mind taking of the mask, but yeah they fucked him up.

Honestly, I had his match with Gargano as the best match of the weekend with Usos/TND and Asuka/Ember fighting for second.

It's not even that it's a particularly noteworthy match considering his resume. He should be having these caliber of matches on the regular.

Never hopefully, he's basically a worse Dolph Ziggler in every aspect, and say that as someone who hates Ziggler

He'd have been lucky to make it out of OVW if he wasn't connected.

Cody has far better presence than Ziggles and is at worst just below him in ring. Cody is better on the mic too.

I guess but going from being a top guy in cmll to being just NXT midcard is not very good. And he seems like when those guys who you know won't be s*** on their main roster.

He's mid-card now because they're trying something new with him. If it takes, I think he'll be pushed high. Hell, you know they love him, because the whole reason the CWC was designed was as a vehicle to get him over, but they decided to use him immediately in NXT instead because they wanted him sooner.

That's some real unearned optimism there

It is earned because Pentagon is nothing like any of the other Lucha guys WWE have signed. Pentagon has way more in common with Asuka than he does Sombra or Metalik.

He kills people and has a cool gimmick and cuts angry promos in a foreign language. NXT has shown to do well with people with those traits.

gun_haver

Sasha & Bayley are almost definitely walking when their contracts are up, but where would they even go?

they might surprise us, but i think bayley's more likely to walk and choose a different career entirely and fade from our view, whereas sasha seems to be a diehard mark so she'd probably go work indies as a headliner against their various women's champs - normally those championship matches wouldn't be top of the card, but with sasha in one they would easily be top of the card and she'd (correctly) demand the appropriate amount of money. she'd probably come back as a legacy star, too, no matter what.

that's if they don't turn the sasha booking around a bit. she isn't completely ruined, yet, only mostly ruined. sasha's got a certain thing that if they turn her heel and let her go over big in a few matches, she'd easily be bigger than charlotte, despite charlotte being the better wrestler. i want to say they killed her 'the rock of the women' factor already, but you never know. she's smart about her work and deluded enough to be utterly determined. we'll just have to see.

bayley on the other hand will probably just go and start her own private business or something using the funds she accumulated from wwe and have a happy life. that is, unless she decides she wants to try and fix what has happened, but i don't see that in her.

Sasha's not going anywhere. Being melodramatic on Twitter and Tumblr is different from taking less than a quarter of the money to work indies.

Cody made more by leaving. Sasha, or any other main roster woman for that matter, most certainly would not.

Bayley either for that matter. Hell, she's significantly less likely to leave.

You guys vastly overestimate how many people want to or are willing to just walk away from WWE.

gun_haver

Sasha's not going anywhere. Being melodramatic on Twitter and Tumblr is different from taking less than a quarter of the money to work indies.

Cody made more by leaving. Sasha, or any other main roster woman for that matter, most certainly would not.

Bayley either for that matter. Hell, she's significantly less likely to leave.

You guys vastly overestimate how many people want to or are willing to just walk away from WWE.

Sasha would make money, people love her, so that's one thing.

Also, I think you underestimate how much money people are willing to trade for a bit of mental freedom, to flip that overestimation back at you.

But for the record, I don't think either are going to walk at this point. I don't think it's that bad. The only thing I mean to say is, Bayley would quit the industry, but I think Sasha would work the indies as a headliner.

Not when it comes to WWE.

serene definitely one of the truthers who thinks Punk, AJ Lee, Barrett, etc are ever coming back

The list of people whose will to go on in the business has been broken grows and the WWE Fans just go "well they're bad people, never wanted to be here, or will come back anyway so"

The slander of Punk was particularly telling

Draxal

Sasha would make money, people love her, so that's one thing.

Also, I think you underestimate how much money people are willing to trade for a bit of mental freedom, to flip that overestimation back at you.

But for the record, I don't think either are going to walk at this point. I don't think it's that bad. The only thing I mean to say is, Bayley would quit the industry, but I think Sasha would work the indies as a headliner.

I mean she gets to tour with her husband now. That wouldn't happen if she went to the Indies.

I'm sure WWE could offer Saha Banks a 'match worn'
we found a spare in storage and cut off the sleeves
Eddie Guererro I'm Your Papi t shirt as a sweetener when it comes to contract negotiations and she'll sign that second.

Bronx-Man

Banned
serene definitely one of the truthers who thinks Punk, AJ Lee, Barrett, etc are ever coming back

The list of people whose will to go on in the business has been broken grows and the WWE Fans just go "well they're bad people, never wanted to be here, or will come back anyway so"

Damn, thinking back on those guys. This company really manages to suck the joy out of the people that love this business the most.

Heroman

Banned
I'm sure WWE could offer Saha Banks a 'match worn'
we found a spare in storage and cut off the sleeves
Eddie Guererro I'm Your Papi t shirt as a sweetener when it comes to contract negotiations and she'll sign that second.
If only NJPW had a women division, they could offer a black tigermask mask!!!!

And before a Fan pulls another "lol" about this being incorrect (false), ask yourself why so many of them were giddy, absolutely giddy, about his UFC in-ring performance tanking

They wanted to be right about someone failing more than they wanted someone to succeed on the outside and thus risk actually definitely being done with them

somedevil

Can't you disagree with someone without being condescending and making accusations without proof?

Tbh, Brock has the healthiest attitude about wrestling.

As much as I hate him, I definitely don't disagree

You'll probably see a lot more people who decide to sign doing so only because they want a quick payday. Nothing more, especially for those who might one day expect success

gun_haver

Tbh, Brock has the healthiest attitude about wrestling.

he does, for himself. The guy's a rock, but he's also a huge asshole in general and people find it hard to identify with his weird ass, so i get why people don't immediately jump to him and do jump to people like AJ lee who - I dunno if you've ever heard her episode of wtf with marc maron when she was selling her book - at least sounded like she loved the format before got ground out of her.

Heroman

Banned

What?

Top Bottom