• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

klonere

Banned
hopefully we get at least 1 year's worth of NXT
Ricochet

seriously why are we spoilering this shit? its like spoilering a football team signing someone or if you want to go the entertainment route, spoilering who is cast as playing Wolverine in the next movie.

Yes, spoiler culture makes me salty.

Spoilering BOLA is fucking stupid, agreed.

The DVD won't be out until like, Christmas or whatever.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
As some other posters mentioned, women's wrestling is still crawling out from under the Attitude Era in America. It's only been what a couple of years since the women have started being taken seriously as in-ring talent. Now that there's more of a spotlight on it, the indy scene should start reflecting that, but it's not going to spring up overnight. I know that Tessa Blanchard and Rachel Ellering were the main event at an indy show not that long ago. And Progress only introduced a women's title less than a year ago.

So the women's scene isn't as developed as the men's, which means the money isn't as good, but it's starting to get there. I think Sasha leaving and making a go of it could potentially do a lot of good for the scene.

klonere

Banned
The Eva Marie wardrobe malfunction video has the most views of any women's segment in the last god knows how long, right?

They are fighting a very uphill battle on the main roster.

The trouble with the women's scene on the indies at the moment is far too many promotions only pay lip-service to women's wrestling, because they feel they have to in today's climate - it's good that there are indies with women's divisions, but how many have more than one women's match per card?

For that reason, I'd like to see fans get behind women's wrestling promotions like SHINE, EVE & RISE - the bigger they grow, the better it'll be for women's wrestling as a whole.

I'm way behind so fuck that catching up shit. But yeah, there's nowhere in the world for women to make the kind of money a handful of guys make on the indies and women's wrestling in Japan as already said, has devolved into a creep show that the "Idol" thing has been since forever there. There's other women's promotions but a lot of people who actually have to seek them out and put their money into them.

Baron "CTE isn't real" Corbin

Yeah Maroon is an NFL apologist/puppet and it's probably the main reason he's involved with WWE's bullshit.

Hex

Banned
As some other posters mentioned, women's wrestling is still crawling out from under the Attitude Era in America. It's only been what a couple of years since the women have started being taken seriously as in-ring talent. Now that there's more of a spotlight on it, the indy scene should start reflecting that, but it's not going to spring up overnight. I know that Tessa Blanchard and Rachel Ellering were the main event at an indy show not that long ago. And Progress only introduced a women's title less than a year ago.

So the women's scene isn't as developed as the men's, which means the money isn't as good, but it's starting to get there. I think Sasha leaving and making a go of it could potentially do a lot of good for the scene.

It is getting there. There is alot of talent out there and they are slowly finding their feet. Wrestle circus honestly is good with giving women time and hate GFW but they are slowly moving forward thanks to talent. Taya oddly enough is a good thing for women's wrestling as she is making a name around the world in many rings and she will bleed, kick a man's ass or be a feminine poster girl all while having a solid background. Women need more stars who earn their name. I think sadly if wwe let some of the women do other events like the British guys do it would pay off.

Yup, EVE are dope, glad they're doing well ATM.

In other news:
wrJVGPF.gif

nooooooooooooo

Remember Shimmer?

Literally been 5 years since I watched one of their regular (non-Mania iPPV) shows. Have they caught up on the DVDs yet? lol.

I get the impression Prazak's looking to offload SHIMMER's tape library to WWE - Prazak seems more focused on SHINE, plus there's RISE now who seem to be trying to better link the US and EU women's wrestling scenes, which can only be a positive.

Remember Shimmer?
I do 😭
Literally been 5 years since I watched one of their regular (non-Mania iPPV) shows. Have they caught up on the DVDs yet? lol.

I get the impression Prazak's looking to offload SHIMMER's tape library to WWE - Prazak seems more focused on SHINE, plus there's RISE now who seem to be trying to better link the US and EU women's wrestling scenes, which can only be a positive.

I think they're getting closer? The last DVD is Vol 79 which was always my reference point, the 10th anniversary show with Lacey returning in Portia Perez's retirement match. That was 11th October 2015.

I didn't know Prazak was involved with SHINE at all actually. I don't know if offloading the tapes to WWE would help, I'd kill for a SHIMMER subscription service though. And I wish they could catch up.

WWE has the Quarter and Semi-Finals of the MYC up, but they error out as of right now. I think they're supposed to go up at 9am EST.

They STUPIDLY have the matchups listed in the episode description so as soon as you open up the Mae Young Classic page it's like "
Spoiler
vs.
Spoiler
in the Semi-Finals of the Mae Young Classic!" completely ruining the Quarter-Finals. =_=

Draxal

In Japan, women's wrestling and men's wrestling are treated like two separate sports/entities. Think the NBA and the WNBA. I think it's a strange mentality, but that's how it's done over there.

Don't htink its that strage its different audiences. There's definite audiences for the WWE.

Problem for Women's Wrestling is that while Japan does have better workers/workrate than America the audience got too small and specialized on male fans. Lets not talk about Mexico. I guess Europe would be the next big thing for Women's wrestling, but not sure if that is big enough.

Beefy

WWE has the Quarter and Semi-Finals of the MYC up, but they error out as of right now. I think they're supposed to go up at 9am EST.

They STUPIDLY have the matchups listed in the episode description so as soon as you open up the Mae Young Classic page it's like "
Spoiler
vs.
Spoiler
in the Semi-Finals of the Mae Young Classic!" completely ruining the Quarter-Finals. =_=

Sounds about right

I guess Europe would be the next big thing for Women's wrestling, but not sure if that is big enough.

EVE are going to run York Hall next year, which has a capacity of 1,200 - if they even come close to selling out that'll be the biggest thing to happen to indie women's wrestling outside of Japan in years. They've been getting a lot of mainstream attention thanks to GLOW and often bring in Japanese wrestlers for the hardcore crowd, really excited to see how it turns out.

Draxal

The trouble with the women's scene on the indies at the moment is far too many promotions only pay lip-service to women's wrestling, because they feel they have to in today's climate - it's good that there are indies with women's divisions, but how many have more than one women's match per card?

For that reason, I'd like to see fans get behind women's wrestling promotions like SHINE, EVE & RISE - the bigger they grow, the better it'll be for women's wrestling as a whole.

Totally agreed here.

MYC matches.

1. Abbey - Rachel

Fun Match started weak but got better really quickly. Wasn't a fan of the ending. Much better then Rachel - Marti.

Beefy

Some vegan was trying to guilt trip me about eating meat until I showed her that more and more scientists are saying plants have nervous systems like us. Also how some plants know they are being eaten etc. I could see as more test are done and science improving plants could be sentient beings. Which fuck a lot of people up.

Problem for Women's Wrestling is that while Japan does have better workers/workrate than America the audience got too small and specialized on male fans.

So, the anime, Wannabe The Strongest in The World is a somewhat accurate depiction of the audience for joshi wrestling.

Some vegan was trying to guilt trip me about eating meat until I showed her that more and more scientists are saying plants have nervous systems like us. Also how some plants know they are being eaten etc. I could see as more test are done and science improving plants could be sentient beings. Which fuck a lot of people up.

My favorite vegans are the ones who claim it's better for the earth, but then go out to Whole Foods or Trader Joes to buy out of season non regional produce. Or even better, buy factory produced fake meats

Beefy

My favorite vegans are the ones who claim it's better for the earth, but then go out to Whole Foods or Trader Joes to buy out of season non regional produce. Or even better, buy factory produced fake meats

The vegan I called out said even if plants are sentient, it would be still be better to eat plant based as animals eat plants. 🤔

Top Bottom