• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

The vegan I called out said even if plants are sentient, it would be still be better to eat plant based as animals eat plants. 🤔

A lot of vegan are assholes, specially white vegans, that is why I do not participate in any of their groups and the like. Also shamming people is never the way to do your activism, specially in something more complex like animal liberation. That being said, that argument is valid, specially taking in consideration the harm that industrial farming does. Just like the fox topic you made about how they are treated for their fur, like 99% of the industrial farms and even some more traditional treat animals the same way as those foxes. That does not mean the way we cultivate plants is not problematic, it is really harmful in its industrial form, just like farming, but even then industrial farming is way worse than agriculture. You also have to take in consideration that around 40% of what we cultivate it is used to feed "farm" animals. There are plenty of black vegan movements, so if you ever interested in the topic you could start with what they do.

Beefy

A lot of vegan are assholes, specially white vegans, that is why I do not participate in any of their groups and the like. Also shamming people is never the way to do your activism, specially in something more complex like animal liberation. That being said, that argument is valid, specially taking in consideration the harm that industrial farming does. Just like the fox topic you made about how they are treated for their fur, like 99% of the industrial farms and even some more traditional treat animals the same way as those foxes. That does not mean the way we cultivate plants is not problematic, it is really harmful in its industrial form, just like farming, but even then industrial farming is way worse than agriculture. You also have to take in consideration that around 40% of what we cultivate it is used to feed "farm" animals. There are plenty of black vegan movements, so if you ever interested in the topic you could start with what they do.

I agree with you, I like you hate guilt trippers. On the way we treat animals part, it is why I buy all my meat from a local butcher, who sources it from free range farms. Yes animals still get killed for food, but at least I know they aren't treated like shit before then.

EVE are going to run York Hall next year, which has a capacity of 1,200 - if they even come close to selling out that'll be the biggest thing to happen to indie women's wrestling outside of Japan in years. They've been getting a lot of mainstream attention thanks to GLOW and often bring in Japanese wrestlers for the hardcore crowd, really excited to see how it turns out.

I think EVE as a promotion has the right idea of how to promote womens wrestling, they just need to get some well known feminist to help promote them and maybe some feminist theorist to write about how can wrestling help womens liberation. And like you said, GLOW gave them a nice push, let see how they capitalized on it.

If Cody's the American Nightmare, why does he refer to himself (paraphrasing from a t-shirt): "Grandson of a plumber"?

The American Dream was a symbol for the working man and being the all around good guy.

I don't see the American Nightmare doing the opposite of a heel.

Hell, Marty Scrull does a better rep of a hell and he's got "Villain" as his moniker.

I agree with you, I like you hate guilt trippers. On the way we treat animals part, it is why I buy all my meat from a local butcher, who sources it from free range farms. Yes animals still get killed for food, but at least I know they aren't treated like shit before then.

That is something, and even sometimes more than some vegans do. A lot of vegans lack any understanding of how capitalism and consumerism affect more animals than conventional-local farming. Like they do not understand something like the devastation that palm oil industries do in Indonesia, so they buy vegan products and do not care if the palm oil it contains caused the deaths of millions of plants and animals. Same with all the imported products they buy, but as soon as you try to tell them something about that they start calling you communist, anarchist even antifa X) and any other thing they hear on the media and think it is an insult.

If Cody's the American Nightmare, why does he refer to himself (paraphrasing from a t-shirt): "Grandson of a plumber"?

The American Dream was a symbol for the working man and being the all around good guy.

I don't see the American Nightmare doing the opposite of a heel.

Hell, Marty Scrull does a better rep of a hell and he's got "Villain" as his moniker.

I think Cody (when he left WWE) was reaching for anything to make his own that would still let him stay who he was and show respect to his family.

American Nightmare was a pretty good throwback to his lineage while letting him be a "heel" and talk shit about being in the indies now.

At this point I don't think it fits anymore either.

Menome

The MYC Quarter and Semi-Finals went up today? Still got two of the opening episodes to watch.

What with RAW, Smackdown & NXT, I'm not going to be doing anything but watching WWE content this week.

Just the way they want it, I suppose.

Foggy

Shayna's getting a lot of mileage with these sleepers outta nowhere. Some of them are clumsy but it's a great idea.

Foggy

It's a shame an injury hampered the last match of the quarter-finals. It was still good in spite of it but it definitely could've been great.

RBH

nlHt2T6.png

Foggy

Holy smokes Kairi got a face full of entrance ramp. Wouldn't be shocked if that was the concussion.

Haha oh my lord her face is swelling up

Foggy

Just finished the MYC. Overall disappointed with the quality. The last two episodes are definitely the strongest ones, but I can't really point to any particularly memorable matches. None of the matches were able to escape the WWE's glacial pacing that the CWC was able to escape at times. Commentary was pretty dreadful but that goes without saying.

It's a shame that nothing was better than good.

Beefy

Just finished the MYC. Overall disappointed with the quality. The last two episodes are definitely the strongest ones, but I can't really point to any particularly memorable matches. None of the matches were able to escape the WWE's glacial pacing that the CWC was able to escape at times. Commentary was pretty dreadful but that goes without saying.

It's a shame that nothing was better than good.

For me there have been 2 great matches

Recall

Wow so Sakuraba broke his arm nastily in a NJPW tag match back in 2013.

His match against Nakamura at WK7 was incredible so I'm gutted he won't be present in more 2013 shows.

Raw64life

Graves just might do both shows now. He was already in the building every Tuesday for 205 Live so he's already used to working both nights.

El-Suave

Shayna Baszler is much better than I feared. She plays the heel perfectly.
From a story telling perspective she has to win it all.
Bianca has absolute star quality and I think it is amazing how far she is so early in her career. The hair gimmick is stupidly awesome.
I've been following Dakota Kai ever since she was first on NXT as Evie, her first two matches didn't show everything she's capable of in my opinion. Let her show dish out more offence please.
Candice is great and I hope they keep her seperated from Johnny and not make it about them as husband and wife even though the Gargano's make such a cute couple. How can you not love them? Good that they're not on the main roster and far away from Total Divas.
Kairi Sane is a revelation, I hope the WWE schedule combined with her move set doesn't affect her health negatively.

Beefy

Shayna Baszler is much better than I feared. She plays the heel perfectly.
From a story telling perspective she has to win it all.
Bianca has absolute star quality and I think it is amazing how far she is so early in her career. The hair gimmick is stupidly awesome.
I've been following Dakota Kai ever since she was first on NXT as Evie, her first two matches didn't show everything she's capable of in my opinion. Let her show dish out more offence please.
Candice is great and I hope they keep her seperated from Johnny and not make it about them as husband and wife even though the Gargano's make such a cute couple. How can you not love them? Good that they're not on the main roster and far away from Total Divas.
Kairi Sane is a revelation, I hope the WWE schedule combined with her move set doesn't affect her health negatively.

Kairi Sane
Shayna Baszler
Jazzy Galbert
Nicole Savoy
Bianca Belair

Are my favorites.

So I guess the Baron Corbin / Doctor / CTE argument was Corbin arguing at the doctor because the doc was being a hack and downplaying CTE to the roster.

So good on Corbin?

Haven't watched the last episode yet, but I am really enjoying this second set of episodes. Only bad thing is I'd say the Sugehit/Martinez match, which I expected to be subpar. Everything else has been good to very good with even a few great matches IMO. A lot of talent here.

Now onto the semi-finals.

Top Bottom