• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Zabka

Can't believe they had Cena/Reigns on a nothing ppv and it wasn't even the main event. What the hell are they saving for Mania? Brock/Roman? AJ/Nakamura? Enzo/Ellsworth?

Roman finally gets his W over Brock in the main event
Every other title match is a SIX PACK CHALLENGE!
Cena vs Nikki in a Conception match. If Nikki wins they have a baby. If John wins he gets snipped.
Nakamura vs Styles vs Ellsworth

Hex

Banned
So Cesaro did the crossface after losing his teeth?

tenor.gif

I guess I am going to hell because I loved it.
Benoit existed, he had great matches. He was a great talent until he went batshit.
Walking on eggshells is stupid.

Syder

I guess I am going to hell because I loved it.
Benoit existed, he had great matches. He was a great talent until he went batshit.
Walking on eggshells is stupid.
He did it right after busting his teeth though. I don't believe it wasn't some weird nod to Benoit and I wouldn't be surprised if Vince chewed him out for it.

Otherwise I have no problem with people using the crossface (although I did back in 2007).

It's more about how he killed his family..
Also this

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can't believe they had Cena/Reigns on a nothing ppv and it wasn't even the main event. What the hell are they saving for Mania? Brock/Roman? AJ/Nakamura? Enzo/Ellsworth?

Brock/Roman
Bray Wyatt v. Finn Balor because ???
Owens/HHH
Every woman on the roster in one of two different multiple person matches
Random Ladder match for some mid-tier belt and Jason Jordan goes over for some reason
Randy Orton still a babyface for some reason
The Rock comes out and wastes 30 minutes

Hex

Banned
He did it right after busting his teeth though. I don't believe it wasn't some weird nod to Benoit and I wouldn't be surprised if Vince chewed him out for it.

Otherwise I have no problem with people using the crossface (although I did back in 2007).

Also this

If he can be in the middle of a match, suffer a hit like that and be in pain and still call an audible like that then I say that was impressive

THE GUY

Banned
I'm hoping for this card:

Reigns/Brock - Universal title
Rollins/Styles/Nakamura - WWE title
Ambrose/Angle
Owens/HHH
Balor/Orton
Strowman/Wyatt
Joe/Cena - IC title
Jinder/Corbin/Bobby/Rusev - US title
Miz & Jordan/The Bar/The Hardyz - Raw Tag title (Ladder match)
New Day/Usos/Breezango - SDL Tag title (Triple Threat Tornado Tag)

Something like that. Get me a heel Ambrose, and Strowman squashing Wyatt. Already good things happening. That's a pretty great card for me anyway.

Hasney

So strowman can't wrestle a match without Hollywood stunt gimmicks and people want the title on him.

I mean, better than Brock, Jinder or Reigns but not who I'd want.

Its all fake anyway so just have stunt gimmicks every match. I dont care as long as it's entertaining.

Fav Five Comedies
Airplane!
Dumb & Dumber
Ghostbusters
Blazing Saddles
Hot Fuzz

Honorable Mentions: Major League, High Anxiety

That's a real, real solid list. I'd slot Zoolander or Tommy Boy in for Airplane, though. I used to love Airplane, but watching it again... yeah, it's pretty racist.

THE GUY

Banned
So strowman can't wrestle a match without Hollywood stunt gimmicks and people want the title on him.
I wouldn't mind a short run, like 2 months, but not if he had to beat Brock in a normal match.

They could've just done this match next month instead and have Strowman win by getting the belt in a TLC match. Strowman and Lesnar killing each other with tables, ladders, chairs, and then Strowman climbs the ladder to grab the belt. Would've been crazy fun, but would've protected Brock too since he doesn't lose in the traditional sense.

Do another Reigns/Strowman match at Survivor Series which is some crazy gimmick, then something like Strowman/Wyatt in December, before having Lesnar take the belt back at Royal Rumble in a normal match.

You still get to Brock/Reigns, but we get something interesting in between. And Brock can disappear for a few months without the main event scene being cripped. Not sure what Raw is going to have now.

Oh wow I thought World War 3 98 would have ended with the World War 3 match. Instead it's going to end with Bret Hart vs DDP for the US Title.

About to start the actual World War 3 match right now. This one is kinda lame cause it doesnt have three commentary teams like the other WW3 matches did.

The crossface was a thing before Benoit and while it's inexorably associated with him to a certain generation of fans, WWE's complete refusal to reference Benoit has led to younger fans not knowing the connotations. Which is good, and exactly the way it should be. So instead of the hand wringing and "oh, awkward..." reactions from those that do remember, it'd be all round better to just cringe internally and let the memory pass without comment.

THE GUY

Banned
Which one of you marks is gonna tune in for RAM tonight despite hating all of No Mercy?
Don't know about those marks, but I enjoyed No Mercy, and will watch Raw. But not live. Like two hours later into the show when I can just skip the parts that don't interest me, and I can still finish around the time the live show finishes.

Technology is a wonderful thing.

So odds Samoa Joe comes back tonight?
I'm kind of hoping he does. But I'm also hoping Strowman takes out his frustrations with Lesnar on Roman so we can get a TLC match between them next month. And at Survivor Series, a No Holds Barred Iron Man match to finish it off once and for all.

Reality is we'll probably get Reigns/Miz at TLC and Joe will return there to possibly beat up Roman.

Top Bottom