• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

HyT5FLr.jpg

Looking forward to the Young Lion Cup! Who are you guys picking to win?

Oka and Kitamura have to be favourites just due to their size, but Kawato shouldn't be counted out as he's by far the most experienced having wrestled 60 matches more than anyone else. He's also a firey little bastard, who I've no doubt will be looking to shine in the tournament. Of the other 3, Umino's has the most experience having just passed 50 matches, but he's yet to pick up a singles win. Likewise, Yagi is still looking for his first win, while Narita's only 5 matches into his career but looked impressive in two 10-minute draws against Yagi & Umino.

Looks like a tournament of two halves, the first to decide who wins the cup and can call himself the best of the current crop, and the second to decide who's best out of the 3 newest young lions. My money's on Oka, tbh. I could definitely see them doing a tie-break final with him vs Kitamura. Wouldn't at all object to Kawato winning though, he's gone from a guy most thought didn't have much in him to being a real favourite on the undercards.

Friend, the only Young Lions Cup I recognize is the one that was held by luminaries like Fire Ant, Vin Gerard, and Helios.

Also, there isn't enough chatter about NOAH's The Great Voyage in Yokohama on Sunday:

(1) Yoshinari Ogawa, Seiya Morohashi & Ashley Istria vs. Masao Inoue (FREE), Tadasuke & Jyunta Miyawaki
(2) Kenoh & Daisuke Ikeda (Fu-ten) vs. Ross & Marshall Von Erich
(3) Cody Hall vs. Eli Drake (Impact)
(4) Hajime Ohara & Ultimo Ninja vs. Hi69 & Garza Jr.
(5) Hitoshi Kumano vs. Minoru Tanaka (FREE)
(6) Tatsumi Fujinami, Mitsuya Nagai & LEONA (all DRADITION) vs. Maybach Taniguchi, Akitoshi Saito & Shiro Koshinaka (FREE)
(7) Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya vs. Moose (Impact) & Yuji Okabayashi (BJW)

(8) GHC Junior Tag Championship Match: [31st Champions] HAYATA & YO-HEY vs. [Challengers] Shunma Katsumata & MAO (both DNA/DDT)
~ 1st title defense.

(9) GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [35th Champion] Taiji Ishimori vs. [Challenger] Daisuke Harada
~ 2nd title defense.

(10) GHC Tag Championship Match: [40th Champions] Go Shiozaki & Atsushi Kotoge vs. [Challengers] Muhammad Yone & Quiet Storm
~ 1st title defense.

(11) GHC Heavyweight Championship Match: [29th Champion] Eddie Edwards vs. [Challenger] Naomichi Marufuji
~ 1st title defense.

I need to know if those are shoot Von Erichs or work Von Erichs. And if Edwards is a chump transitional champion. And what a Moose/Yuji Okabayashi tag team looks like.

Anth0ny

Michael Cole has a son who is getting married on Monday, so he's missing raw.

This marks only the second time in 20 years that Cole — considered “The Voice of WWE” — has missed a week of WWE television broadcasts

jesus fuck cole take a god damn vacation. everyone wins.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He works out and builds LEGO. That's all he does.

Or, it's a Portrait of Dorian Grey thing, and there's a picture of Finn Balor that is fat as fuck while the physical Balor is cut as hell.

If I looked like Finn Balor I wouldn't ever put a shirt on.

Zach

I've decided most modern-day wrestling fans are just simulating their love for simulated athletics in an effort to fill their miserable lives with something, anything. God bless. HH

I've decided most modern-day wrestling fans are just simulating their love for simulated athletics in an effort to fill their miserable lives with something, anything. God bless. HH

I think it was just more fun when it was fake-real instead of trying to be real. We all knew there was no such thing as a dead man, but it was just more fun then. Now it seems corny as fuck.

Anth0ny

I don't know about you Zach, but my fake love for fake entertainment is definitely fake.

Hasney

We're never gonna see re-releases of the N64 AKI games first and foremost because Chris Benoit is in a bunch of them

Eh, even without that, roster changes for licensing would need to happen.

It would likely be like Wrestlefest where they just re-do it. And they fucked that up last time, so I dont want it.

Recall

That Edge vs Christian PPV ladder match they had was awful. Can't remember the year, 2001, 2002, 2003?

But it was shit. I remember the important part.

Zach

Go through Bob Marley's albums next

But I told my friend I'd finally give mediocre Led Zeppelin a real shot.

And then I want to listen to Brian Eno.

And then A Tribe Called Quest.

And then Kendrick Lamar.

And then Michael Jackson again.

And then maybe try to get into that nerd Leonard Cohen.

Top Bottom