• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

imBask

Banned
it's ok Bronx-Mark, I was a big Kanye fan too at some point, then I got out of high school and moved on

you'll see life is great out there

Whew
DK6p3SvU8AIqQA_.jpg:large

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like....that's just them with censoring right?

Because that's not funny or original, it's just a shirt that says "we got a C&D." Congratulations, I guess?

Vince is a billionaire and makes millions every year and I don't hear you guys calling him a genius very often. If you buy a T-shirt just because it says "I got a C&D" on it, you're a mark.

I dunno. Everything I've seen about these guys suggests they're incredibly unfunny and annoying.

OH SHIT KING OF LEAN OUT TO HIS OLD THEME AND A MASSIVE POP 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Heroman

Banned
How is this genius? Seems like one of the most obvious things ever and doesn't clever in any way, shape or form unless I am missing something.

Nice steath edit
and using a cease and desist to create a shirt that will most liking sell very well due to young buck being all over the wrestling news mere days away from the event seems very very smart. But hey what do I know.

Beefy

Nice steath edit
and using a cease and desist to create a shirt that will most liking sell very well due to young buck being all over the wrestling news mere days away from the event seems very very smart. But hey what do I know.

Temptation is strong...

That shirt is great.

Don't understand the need to deny how good the Bucks are at marketing themselves.

I really get the feeling people don't get how huge of an accomplishment that Hot Topic deal waa.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That shirt is great.

Don't understand the need to deny how good the Bucks are at marketing themselves.

I really get the feeling people don't get how huge of an accomplishment that Hot Topic deal waa.

Because the shirt is insipid and aimed at the smarkiest of smarks.

The fact that someone would buy it if they put out a shirt that said "The Young Bucks" and then right under it had Calvin peeing on Vince's face doesn't make it smart or cool. It just means your niche audience is embarassingly lame.

You can give them credit for building a marketing niche without giving them credit for the actual products they put out.

Angry Grimace

Who do you think are the Bucks' main source of income
Probably wrestling booking, actually.

You can give them credit for building a marketing niche without giving them credit for the actual products they put out.

Angry Grimace

You can defend literally anything any famous person does if you couch it as "well they make money."

I would give them credit if they actually came up with a design that was a funny or clever take on the C&D. Instead they just lazily slapped themselves doing it on it with censoring because there's someone who will buy anything they put on a shirt. Wow, so genius.

Foggy

You can defend literally anything any famous person does if you couch it as "well they make money."

I would give them credit if they actually came up with a design that was a funny or clever take on the C&D. Instead they just lazily slapped themselves doing it on it with censoring because there's someone who will buy anything they put on a shirt. Wow, so genius.

Sounds like you're suffering from HEAT exhaustion

Heroman

Banned

Yeah, look at all those other shirts created from cease and desist that so really well like um well....

Angry Grimace

Sounds like you're suffering from HEAT exhaustion

I mean, I'm not going to lie and say I'm not predisposed to find the Young Bucks exceptionally unfunny and uncool and that pandering to smarks super hard to be a lame gimmick.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I mean, I'm not going to lie and say I'm not predisposed to find the Young Bucks exceptionally unfunny and uncool and that pandering to smarks super hard to be a lame gimmick.
this nu-smark attitude of "i'm a smark but i'm not like the other smarks" is way more lame jsyk

Getting a tshiry deal with Hot Topic isn't teally anything impressive. They have tshirts for anything trendy enough. NJPW is obvious since there's a lot of wrestling fans.

Syder

Are we going fucking mad or what?

The shirt can be dumb and for people with no taste AND great marketing, they aren't mutually exclusive just look at every other Young Bucks shirt.

So uh, apparently PWG tickets for night 1 of all star weekend are still on sale? That's odd...

2 is sold out though.

I want to go to a PWG event but the stories I have heard about how long you have to wait outside in the SFV and how hot it gets inside the building makes me not want to go.

Top Bottom