• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Getting a tshiry deal with Hot Topic isn't teally anything impressive. They have tshirts for anything trendy enough. NJPW is obvious since there's a lot of wrestling fans.

It's not NJPW though... The Bucks/Omega (mostly the Bucks I think) negotiated it themselves. In fact it was the success of their merch that opened the door for NJPW to get the Lionn logo and LIJ shirts (and other merch) in to Hot Topic.

Bucks did that not NJPW.

The House of Glory show tonight is intriguing and affordable:

HOG World Title Fight:
Amazing Red (c) vs. Ricochet

HOG Tag Team Title Fight:
NYWK (c) vs. Da Hit Squad

First Time Ever Singles Match:
Tessa Blanchard vs. Sonya Strong

HOG Crown Jewel Title Fight:
Anthony Gangone (c) vs. Ken Broadway

I might need to find another local indy if Evolve dies.

Yeah but Hot Topic jizz themselves over anything trendy. They deal with s lot of obscure bands and obscure record labels.
The House of Glory show tonight is intriguing and affordable:

HOG World Title Fight:
Amazing Red (c) vs. Ricochet

HOG Tag Team Title Fight:
NYWK (c) vs. Da Hit Squad

First Time Ever Singles Match:
Tessa Blanchard vs. Sonya Strong

HOG Crown Jewel Title Fight:
Anthony Gangone (c) vs. Ken Broadway

I might need to find another local indy if Evolve dies.
You cpuld say it's... hog wild

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I’ve never seen such sloppy wrestling top to bottom then I’ve seen on this card.

Yeah. In year that also has KING OF THE RING 1995, and IN YOUR HOUSE:Boring show from Canada this one far outstrips those two shows in terms of suckitude. Every single match on the card is bad. Normally great performers have some of the worst matches of their careers and the undercard is dreadful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's not NJPW though... The Bucks/Omega (mostly the Bucks I think) negotiated it themselves. In fact it was the success of their merch that opened the door for NJPW to get the Lionn logo and LIJ shirts (and other merch) in to Hot Topic.

Bucks did that not NJPW.

Do you have any evidence to support this because I find it highly unlikely NJPW just gave the Young Bucks their IP to profit off of given that the actual popular shirt is the Bullet Club one.

Yeah. In year that also has KING OF THE RING 1995, and IN YOUR HOUSE:Boring show from Canada this one far outstrips those two shows in terms of suckitude. Every single match on the card is bad. Normally great performers have some of the worst matches of their careers and the undercard is dreadful.

Oh my god the production didn’t turn off Schivanie mic! And he keeps talking as if they’re off air. This is beautiful

Mae Young Classic if it happened in 2006:

https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/913872567714410496

A lost Racial discussion clip on Raw in 06:

https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/913883083094548480

12.Modes_of_Heat_Transfer.gif

Do you have any evidence to support this because I find it highly unlikely NJPW just gave the Young Bucks their IP to profit off of given that the actual popular shirt is the Bullet Club one.

I mean it was the Bucks who negotiated the deal... That's my point. NJPW didn't say no because you know they make money off the deal too, but it was the Bucks who made the deal and it was the success of the Bucks/Omega/Cody/Scurll/BC shirts that saw Hot Topic add LIJ and Lions logo tees (though they aren't even in nation wide stores like the Bucks and co merch)

Why is it you question every indication of success the Bucks have had?

Btw the actual top selling t-shirt was The Young Bucks which was number 2 not the OG BC shirt

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the Young Bucks & Bullet Club shirts are doing extremely well at Hot Topic. For last week at Hot Topic, top selling T-shirt was Rick & Morty Portal, but No. 2 was the Young Bucks Bullet Club shirt and No. 3 was the Cody Bullet Club shirt.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/young-bucks-cody-rhodes-shirts-selling-well-hot-topic/

At Hot Topic, supposedly.

I would be extremely surprised if they were outselling WWE as a general proposition.

LOL yes at Hot Topic and not supposedly but actually. Also that's their only reasonable point of competition as they are two guys (well 5 with Omega, Cody and Scurll) vs a corporation... That you feel the need to downplay even that is pretty amusing.

Why are you so insistent at denying the fact that The Bucks have done something incredibly successful. You don't like them, that's clear, but you are going out of your way to deny reality at this point friendo.

YB make some meh shirts and make bank because they know their fanbase will buy it so I guess good for them.

Like damn if people won't buy that shirt to stick it to WWE.

Jim Dugan is a bottom 10 wrestler who has held a championship. No question about it. He’s atrocious. How did I like this as a kid.

Yeah but Meltzer is a mark for the Bucks so he's probably just making it all up to make them look good because there's no way despite all evidence to the contrary that they are actually successful *eye roll*

Lol. I always take his stuff with a grain of salt but I don’t think he’d pull that out of his ass.

Genuine question. How do Bullet Club shirt sales get split up? Like there's quite a few BC members right now. Do all of them get some of that merch money or only the important ones like Kenny and the Bucks get a portion of the sales or do they all get some but Kenny and the Bucks get a clear bigger cut?

Genuine question. How do Bullet Club shirt sales get split up? Like there's quite a few BC members right now. Do all of them get some of that merch money or only the important ones like Kenny and the Bucks get a portion of the sales or do they all get some but Kenny and the Bucks get a clear bigger cut?
I guess they all have contracts for a percentage a shirts for them only and for bullet club in general. I don't expect others to get a cut of bucks bc shirys

Pikma

Banned
I was being sarcastic.

TO deny that The Bucks have been successful in this Hot Topic deal , and that they deserve the lion share of the credit for pulling it off is to deny truth and reality.
Why are you so obsessed with this hot topic deal and the bucks deserving things here and there?

I doubt there's much of a difference per wrestler

Talent gets a cut and NJPW gets a cut

They make their own shirts on PWTees and whatever and get all of the moneys

At a certain point it's just branding. Can't see it being all that different from how WWE shirts work

EDIT: Standard non wrestler specific BC shirts are likely NJPW only, I meant for wrestler specific designs. Though I imagine faction popularity would affect how much they're being paid overall

I wanna see Bullet Club still be around in ten years because the merch sales are too good to disband the group.

I guess they all have contracts for a percentage a shirts for them only and for bullet club in general. I don't expect others to get a cut of bucks bc shirys
Yeah probably something like that.

I doubt there's much of a difference per wrestler

Talent gets a cut and NJPW gets a cut

They make their own shirts on PWTees and whatever and get all of the moneys

At a certain point it's just branding. Can't see it being all that different from how WWE shirts work
True, just wondering because BC shirts are so popular so I wonder how much actual money gets split up.

No idea.

Bucks probably get the entire cut for their shirt, same with Kenny, Scurll, Cody and the others (Page and GoD have their own for sale at Hot Topic but only Bucks, Scurll, Cody, Omega and the BC OG are are in stores North America wide to my knowledge as I have not seen either of those two in stores)

I imagine Bucks and Omega split The Elite shirt as it as Omega on one sleeve and Bucks on the other.

I have no idea about the Bullet Club or Bullet Club X Tekken shirt.

Or the hoodie for that matter which btw is technically Bone Soldier merch:

No idea.

Bucks probably get the entire cut for their shirt, same with Kenny, Scurll, Cody and the others (Page and GoD have their own for sale at Hot Topic but only Bucks, Scurll, Cody, Omega and the BC OG are are in stores North America wide to my knowledge as I have not seen either of those two in stores)

I imagine Bucks and Omega split The Elite shirt as it as Omega on one sleeve and Bucks on the other.

I have no idea about the Bullet Club or Bullet Club X Tekken shirt.

Or the hoodie for that matter which btw is technically Bone Soldier merch:
BONE SOLDIER MERCH

BONE SOLDIER MERCH

A cool lady at Hot Topic said oh we have the hoodie in now, to which I thought sweet, then I looked at the back and just said to myself uhh nope. The hoodie is their only miss imo in terms of the Hot Topic merch line.

Why are you so obsessed with this hot topic deal and the bucks deserving things here and there?

I usually only bring it up when folks start questioning their success in this regard.

Top Bottom