• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

You gotta go back they're seriously great

It kills me because they give the women way more time now and seem to treat it more seriously than last year, but I think the matches have gotten worse (probably because at the time the girls were killing themselves to steal the show every night)

The rise of the women's division as a whole was a major part of me getting interested in the product again and the current state is why I really can't be bothered to tune in. Hopefully the MYC shakes things up nicely. I bet it won't make a difference beyond numbers

I plan too.

To be fair though I thought Bliss' first match with Bayley was really good as are her matches with Sasha.

Not 4.75* but Raw is not where that happens anyway.

And I'd like to think that Emma's entrance would be better when Vince McMahon is dead

tumblr_nzhw7s7ucu1tszqifo2_500.gif

Hex

Banned
The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega liked
The Young Bucks‏Verified account @NickJacksonYB 2h2 hours ago
More
They've taken away FTR, Cody's last name, Su€k It,Hangman, and now Christmas!

Again though Sasha and Charlotte were doing that all last year and folks were just as pissed.

I disagree that Bliss is just a mean girl archetype. She's infused with some of that sure but she's more Miz than Regina.

I kinda think a reference point would help. Charlotte was doing the same act in NXT and was easily the weakest worker of the 3 then she got made the focus when she moved up. Becky was similar but Sasha and Bayley were totally different characters who both had great builds from a character and wrestler standpoint.

Regina was the shit though in that the hierarchy was built around her until the end. The Miz is a loser who has to cheat and constantly loser/gets talked down to. Bliss is Regina with 0 flaws for me, she talks down to everyone and they can't talk back because she's right.

Also Sasha's a terrible face, nobody will deny that.

I plan too.

To be fair though I thought Bliss' first match with Bayley was really good as are her matches with Sasha.

Not 4.75* but Raw is not where that happens anyway.
The quality is not even close

Between crowd investment and in-ring storytelling the Sasha/Bayley matches are untouchable. I would never expect that from a weekly programming but it serves to show what could be achieved with the division, and is a reminder of how regularly it's squandered

I kinda think a reference point. Charlotte was doing the same act in NXT and was easily the weakest worker of the 3 then she got made the focus when she moved up. Becky was similar but Sasha and Bayley were totally different characters who both had great builds from a character and wrestler standpoint.

Regina was the shit though in that the hierarchy was built around her until the end. The Miz is a loser who has to cheat and constantly loser/gets talked down to. Bliss is Regina with 0 flaws for me, she talks down to everyone and they can't talk back because she's right.

Also Sasha's a terrible face, nobody will deny that.

Fair enough.

I fully admit I'm just a huge Bliss mark so I'm bias.

Though I do think mic work skills of everyone involved is why a lot of what is happening is happening

Bronx-Man

Banned
On one hand, the NFL is a horrifically problematic league that needs to shrivel and die.

On the other hand, I really feel like Dak is leading my boys to the promised land this season.

The quality is not even close

Between crowd investment and in-ring storytelling the Sasha/Bayley matches are untouchable. I would never expect that from a weekly programming but it serves to show what could be achieved with the division, and is a reminder of how regularly it's squandered

Fair... but they've had matches on TV and never come close.

I know booking is a huge problem but I have to wonder why even when put together there's never been a hint of their NXT skills.

It's all weird.

Beefy

Do we really need to go over all the awful stereotype (racist) characters, and the lack of main event success from non white wrestlers?

I didn't say anything about Vince not being a racist cunt did I? With the NFL it is like having 10 Vince's probably even more. Add the wife beatiing, murder, child beating etc etc etc etc. Nah, I use to love it, but the sport is dead to me sadly.

CM Punk still with the WWE?

Didn't know Punk was black...

Fair enough.

I fully admit I'm just a huge Bliss mark so I'm bias.

Though I do think mic work skills of everyone involved is why a lot of what is happening is happening

Charlotte's the only one why really kept her NXT persona, Sasha and Bayley weren't the best on the mic but their had characters to build around it. Bayley could say her lines in a dorky but affable way, Sasha was more about asserting her dominance.

I'm a huge Ember mark because of following her on the indies but her character work in NXT has been trash. Both Bayley and Sasha did amazing there through the years.

Charlotte's the only one why really kept her NXT persona, Sasha and Bayley weren't the best on the mic but their had characters to build around it. Bayley could say her lines in a dorky but affable way, Sasha was more about asserting her dominance.

I'm a huge Ember mark because of following her on the indies but her character work in NXT has been trash. Both Bayley and Sasha did amazing there through the years.

Sasha needed to turn heel like months ago

Her gaslighting Bayley was so good then they just dropped it

Top Bottom