• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing I noticed about NJPW is everyone sweats like they're IRS. Whenever guys get chopped it's like someone is spraying an entire can of Febreeze. It looks pretty cool though.

chops.gif

I've been enjoying it more than last year's.

But I'm a couple sheets to the wind at this point so that's worth consideration.

I could buy that. It's got the talent to be better.

I'll pick a day at some point this week to do all my catching up.

Who has been the standout so far to you?

Foggy

I could buy that. It's got the talent to be better.

I'll pick a day at some point this week to do all my catching up.

Who has been the standout so far to you?

Kyona's had a good run from what I've seen. Yoko Bito who I've actually been down on since her return has been particularly stiff and been in really quality matches against Mayu and Mimura. So probably Bito but mostly because I've turned a corner on her.

Honestly I've only been ambivalent to Brookside. Even Mandy Leon hasn't been as bad as I thought.

Kyona's had a good run from what I've seen. Yoko Bito who I've actually been down on since her return has been particularly stiff and been in really quality matches against Mayu and Mimura. So probably Bito but mostly because I've turned a corner on her.

Honestly I've only been ambivalent to Brookside. Even Mandy Leon hasn't been as bad as I thought.

My girl Kyona putting in work.

Nice to hear.

Brookside is ridiculously young (seventeen I think?), so there's hope for her yet.

Foggy

My girl Kyona putting in work.

Nice to hear.

Brookside is ridiculously young (seventeen I think?), so there's hope for her yet.

Yeah the book's not closed on her yet. Big thing that helps this year is the added experience to Kyona and Mimura and adding in Hazuki and Konami.

Brookside's not as listless as say, Cortney Stewart was last year. Courtney had a great look but left a lot to be desired. Brookside's been fine for her relative inexperience, but her stiffing Hazuki definitely raises an eyebrow. No clue what that was all about.

Foggy

Apropos of joshi, I watched Oz Academy's 8/20 tag title match which was as overbooked and silly as the worst OA inclinations are. I don't want Alex Lee anywhere near relevant matches.

I'm hoping to catch Matsumoto's title match against Shida when I get home. I heard that was at least a good one.

Hex

Banned
Bad wording

The tour kicks off on the 6th and on the tour there is 5 live streamed events: Sept 7,9 10, 16 and 24. It's two thoughts in one sentence.

Even on the video it says 9/5-9/24 even though the controls are in front of it.
That being said, I will confess it is not something I would wait up for tonight though I will look forward to watching when I get up

Even on the video it says 9/5-9/24 even though the controls are in front of it.
That being said, I will confess it is not something I would wait up for tonight though I will look forward to watching when I get up

Sorry meant 5th.

But yeah it's not airing :p

Hex

Banned
Yeah they do...

Like all the time.

Scroll through the pages, those aren't all televised shows

Then even better because I know myself, and the first time I even woke a bit for water or to tap a kidney I would run and turn it on and end up on only an hour or two sleep lol

Then even better because I know myself, and the first time I even woke a bit for water or to tap a kidney I would run and turn it on and end up on only an hour or two sleep lol

LOL

You can also tell by the Main events the 7th and 9th are your usual Road to Elimination matches, those are usually streamed the 5th is nothing just a tag

There's something oddly captivating about Enzo Amore and Neville staring each other down.

I don't know why but it has that big fight feel.

Foggy

Yeah they do...

Like all the time for big tours. Road to... Has some streamed events and a ton that are not.

Scroll through the pages, those aren't all televised shows

Either you're lying to me or I'm wrong. Not sure why you'd lie to me but I don't appreciate it.

I kid, I'm a dummy

Way behind and I can read all those pages.

If they have
Shayna go over Kairi just to setup the damn HW match
, I will be sad.

It's possible they are. We just don't know anything for certain yet.

We may not, but Rousey in WWE would get a lot of mainstream coverage.
That's been a big concern of mine since the taping and Rousey and all were there. It's something that would be just like them to do.
Thinking about it, I'm amazed how solid these MYC Performance Center girls are. Bianca Belair, Taynara Conti and Xia Li are all really good considering how new they are. It's a stunning turnaround for 100% PC wrestlers going from your Aliyah's, Liv Morgan's, Sonya Deville's and Carmella's to this.
Aliyah isn't a PC creation, at least not entirely.
The last two episodes I think are definitely worth watching and if you just jump to the matches themselves, it's easy to get through the whole thing pretty quick.

The commentary is truly as a bad as advertised. No chemistry, painful silences, and incongruous outbursts of "passion". It's sucks to hear JR suddenly realize he should get excited because someone did their finisher and the ref is halfway through the count. Or him dryly recite stuff off a piece of paper like calling Kairi a "cult favorite" with zero conviction or understanding of what he's saying.

I was no fan of Bryan and his "OH MY GOSH" and "I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE IN MY LIFE", but I'd take that 100% of the time over what we got. And if this the "fixed" commentary, I shudder at what the original audio could be.

Aside from Lita never being good on commentary and JR being decades past his prime and what you mentioned I was also annoyed by what felt like a lack of continuity in spots.

gun_haver

i'm watching raw for the first time in months and dude

this miz vs jeff hardy match rules

miz is the best and jeff isn't exactly dragging this match down either, wow

God damn it. Dreams man. I was drreaming about some gimmick and a promo to do a costume of. An old friend shows up dressed as an earlier characters version Dr. Who style. He ditches me. I go back to my tv to watch the version I like and a dude breaks my tv and I beat him over the head with a remote.

Now I have no sense of this awesome character. So this is just a tribute.

Top Bottom