• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I think part of his rating is from him being in the crowd. Which is fine, his ratings are his experiences.

And the 6-man tag last year was really great. I don't think I'd rate it five stars personally though. I need more of a story in my five star matches. I'm not just referring to that one though. It's just a general feeling that he seems to be higher on most PWG matches than I am.

Oh okay just wondering cause that one is really polarizing (and PWG is in general)

The match didn't have much of a story, but I think it'll be important in pro wrestling history somewhere down the line. I put it up there with the Okada/Omega matches as era-defining for this current era

Is The Batman any good?

It's decent. I dislike how like 90% of the villains were Kung-fu masters just for a fight scene. Also a lot of the side cast gets dumped towards the end because they felt pressured to rejigger it into something more DCAU-like.

The clayface episode is probably the best.

One of the things I don't like about the later DCAU shows is what they do to Batman. In TAS he's still a pretty optimistic superhero who actively is trying to save the criminals he's stopping. In JL and JLU he's kind of a senile unlikable jerk who becomes kind of a parody of himself. I give grumply Old Bruce in Beyond a pass though because Beyond is kind of a glorified elseworlds tale

Grumpy asshole Batman basically happens in the New Batman Adventures with the big design overhaul. Pre design shift he's way more into his job. Plus, Conroy actually bothered to change his voice for Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Oh okay just wondering cause that one is really polarizing (and PWG is in general)

The match didn't have much of a story, but I think it'll be important in pro wrestling history somewhere down the line. I put it up there with the Okada/Omega matches as era-defining for this current era

See I completely disagree on its importance. It just felt like another excellent match in a sea of excellent matches these days.

***** matches don't need story to be ***** matches.

A five star match to you is a five star match to you. How it's defined is determined by a given person's tastes and sensibilities. There's no objective formula for it.

NXT_04192017ls_1944-f15dc8cf9f4b635ac01949b76dff0151-620x349.jpg

I like this new generation of women wrestlers, friends.

Bronx-Man

Banned
MAYBE I NEED TO GO OVER TO NEW JAPAN AND START WEARING HOT TOPIC T-SHIRTS TO GET OVER! WHAT IF I START PLAYING A TROMBONE AT RINGSIDE? HI COLT CABANA!
MAYBE I NEED TO START HAVING A PERSONALITY OF MY OWN THAT CONNECTS WITH FANS! MAYBE I NEED TO START GIVING PEOPLE A REASON TO GET EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN ME INSTEAD OF BEING A SHAWN MICHAELS CLONE!

Raw64life

Dave said the plan for Alexa vs. Nia is for Nia to be the babyface.

I'm sure that will work well.

The feud is going to be trash no matter what. But they're doing the best thing possible under the circumstances right now which is to insert good wrestlers into it and make multi-man matches that will hide their shit wrestling ability.

Sephzilla

MAYBE I NEED TO START HAVING A PERSONALITY OF MY OWN THAT CONNECTS WITH FANS! MAYBE I NEED TO START GIVING PEOPLE A REASON TO GET EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN ME INSTEAD OF BEING A SHAWN MICHAELS CLONE!

MAYBE I NEED TO HAVE A SEX TAPE WITH ONE OF THE DIVAS LEAKED

i could actually see dolph saying this

Zach

Happy Tuesday, WrassleGAF.

Still shook from Sunday's two hours of Twin Peaks.

Still processing myself. I think it's going to take a while.

I have been thinking about it almost constantly since watching it.

The finale itself has been almost as much of a rollercoaster as the whole season, for me.

Gonna read some articles and reviews and crap now that I'm back at work. Try to catch up on the zany OT, too. Gonna be a gay ol' Mon Tues.

Foggy

Ishii vs Okada had no narrative but it had a story

The Summer Slam fatal fourway had a narrative but no story

The six man PWG BOLA match last year had no story and no narrative

I think it's prudent to differentiate between a narrative and a story as it relates to wrestling matches because there are plenty of matches with no narrative that speak volumes through its in-ring story. I guess that could be substituted for "psychology" but I always took psychology has the minutiae of telling the story.

Also, it's all subjective, but I do think it's silly to say that a match NEEDS a story/narrative to be a certain caliber. It's like saying a song NEEDS a chorus to be considered one of the greats. It's self-limiting.

Bungie suck ass for their shitty practices (exclusive deals for PS4 owners and lack of Xbox X support). I won't lie that I want to play the game but I'd rather spend money on devs and pubs that aren't shit

Ishii vs Okada had no narrative but it had a story

The Summer Slam fatal fourway had a narrative but no story

The six man PWG BOLA match last year had no story and no narrative

I think it's prudent to differentiate between a narrative and a story as it relates to wrestling matches because there are plenty of matches with no narrative that speak volumes through its in-ring story. I guess that could be substituted for "psychology" but I always took psychology has the minutiae of telling the story.

Also, it's all subjective, but I do think it's silly to say that a match NEEDS a story/narrative to be a certain caliber. It's like saying a song NEEDS a chorus to be considered one of the greats. It's self-limiting.

I would not say it's impossible for a match with no story to be five stars. But it would be incredibly difficult to me. Again, that's just how I look at wrestling.

And I agree with your delineation.

Bungie suck ass for their shitty practices (exclusive deals for PS4 owners and lack of Xbox X support). I won't lie that I want to play the game but I'd rather spend money on devs and pubs that aren't shit

They are supporting Xbox One X with 4K.

The CPU isn't strong enough to run the game at 60fps if that's what you are getting at.

Beefy

How much of a grind Destiny was, killed my enjoyment in it. I just need to hold out until Wolfenstein.

But then WWE 2K18 is tempting me so *shrug*

I would not say it's impossible for a match with no story to be five stars. But it would be incredibly difficult to me. Again, that's just how I look at wrestling.

And I agree with your delineation.

They are supporting Xbox One X with 4K.

The CPU isn't strong enough to run the game at 60fps if that's what you are getting at.

Must be new news then because I wasn't aware they confirmed anything.

Must be new news then because I wasn't aware they confirmed anything.

They haven't confirmed it one way or the other yet, but the fact that they actively shot down the 60fps stuff while remaining silent about parity with the PS4 Pro features means it's kind of obvious where things are headed.

Them not confirming it yet is almost certainly because of the deal with Sony.

Top Bottom