• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Wow a Death Wish remake? With Bruce Willis?

Part of the thing at least in the first three Death Wish films is that the late Charles Bronson wasn't overly masculine. He was basically a quiet assassin and kind of suave and cool. In fact in many films, he never really said much and the less said the better. If you look later on in DW4 and 5 as well as films such as Murphy's Law, it feels very un-Bronson when he talks too much.

Bruce Willis when we look at Die Hard and the like, has always been bombastic and had a lot of key lines and said with a sense of humor. Him playing a vigilante type Bronson role is rather odd. I like Willis as an actor in many action films and I will probably even see this film just because but it won't feel like the Michael Weiner directed films.

Also I am getting a sick of hearing "Back in Black" in movie previews. AC/DC has always been a fun band to listen to but that song is used far too often.

Riddle deadlifting WALTER and looking like he's giving himself a hernia gives me life

Tyler Bate is terrifying
B4Gb37F.gif

Yeah the book's not closed on her yet. Big thing that helps this year is the added experience to Kyona and Mimura and adding in Hazuki and Konami.

Brookside's not as listless as say, Cortney Stewart was last year. Courtney had a great look but left a lot to be desired. Brookside's been fine for her relative inexperience, but her stiffing Hazuki definitely raises an eyebrow. No clue what that was all about.

I really liked Courtney the one time I saw her at the first EVE comeback show, I heard she didn't have a good showing in Stardom then left. I haven't seen any of her recent work as she's back and forth between here and the US.

wonzo

Banned
I like JR and listen to his podcast but WWE made the right call in sacking him a few years back, well past his prime.

klonere

Banned
Catching up on my podcasts, hadn't heard Drew was about to go to New Japan when Hunter called. Would have liked to see that.

Huh, that is interesting. Wonder where he would have slotted in? Would we be seeing Riddle/Drew or Drew/Cobb? Solo run? He was a solid hand but I'm not sure if he could hang at NJPW main event level.

I do hope Keith Lee gets a NJPW or AJPW run before he's sucked into the Orlando talent black hole.

Huh, that is interesting. Wonder where he would have slotted in? Would we be seeing Riddle/Drew or Drew/Cobb? Solo run? He was a solid hand but I'm not sure if he could hang at NJPW main event level.

I do hope Keith Lee gets a NJPW or AJPW run before he's sucked into the Orlando talent black hole.

The Bucks were mentioned, so I assume they'd have tossed him in Bullet Club, but I could see him at an Elgin level easily. I don't think he'd be in the IWGP picture

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Jeff wins the battle royal just to loe clean to Miz... so I guess thats not a feud?

and if it is, he already lost clean so whats the point now? Oh yeh theres no point, its wwe booking.

gun_haver

it was a great match, but he did lose kind of clean, well as clean as can be expected in a miz match. if this is the start of a resurgent jeff hardy push, which it apparently should be cos damn, that match was good, then it should be the start of a feud where jeff eventually wins the IC belt and continues to make it an important belt as miz has done. but miz pretty much owns that belt at this point so they better make it a good run if jeff does win, or it's going straight back to the miz.

Part of the thing at least in the first three Death Wish films is that the late Charles Bronson wasn't overly masculine. He was basically a quiet assassin and kind of suave and cool. In fact in many films, he never really said much and the less said the better. If you look later on in DW4 and 5 as well as films such as Murphy's Law, it feels very un-Bronson when he talks too much.

Bruce Willis when we look at Die Hard and the like, has always been bombastic and had a lot of key lines and said with a sense of humor. Him playing a vigilante type Bronson role is rather odd. I like Willis as an actor in many action films and I will probably even see this film just because but it won't feel like the Michael Weiner directed films.

Also I am getting a sick of hearing "Back in Black" in movie previews. AC/DC has always been a fun band to listen to but that song is used far too often.

Yeah, it does get used way too often, I was thinking about it as well today when the song for whatever reason popped into my head.

Missed last night's RAW. How was it?

I was about to ask this.

Meltzer called
Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak
from PWG this weekend the best match in America this year

Can't wait to watch it. The match they had in EVOLVE was insane

That's been a big concern of mine since the taping and Rousey and all were there. It's something that would be just like them to do.

Here's the reason I don't think it's happening and I think Kairi is winning. They are airing the Asuka segment this week where she relinquished the NXT title. That makes me think the MYC finals will have something to do with that title. And I don't think Shayna will be in NXT or be NXT champion because that would tie her down while doing the 4HW vs. 4HW match.

Meltzer called
Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak
from PWG this weekend the best match in America this year

Can't wait to watch it. The match they had in EVOLVE was insane

Dave has a tendency to overrate PWG matches IMO.

I'm sure it is really great though.

Sephzilla

Batman TAS > Beyond > Superman TAS > JLU > JL

Hot take - Unlimited is alright but it has too much focus on the Justice League B-Team members.

I think he just factors in the crowds which are always hot & crazy. Plus the wrestlers work extra hard

Are you referring to the 6 man tag from last year that got 5 stars? That match was fucking nuts!

I think part of his rating is from him being in the crowd. Which is fine, his ratings are his experiences.

And the 6-man tag last year was really great. I don't think I'd rate it five stars personally though. I need more of a story in my five star matches. I'm not just referring to that one though. It's just a general feeling that he seems to be higher on most PWG matches than I am.

Hot take - Unlimited is alright but it has too much focus on the Justice League B-Team members.
I was never big on Justice League, I know I watched but I feel pretty indifferent on it. Can't say I ever actually watched Superman

I really liked the OG Teen Titans show but I have to imagine that's more of an age thing than anything else

Ooooo, this will be a rare time where I strongly disagree with you. JL ranks top of pile for me. That show was essentially an animated Star Trek show.

Sephzilla

But that what makes it so good!!!!! And I'm let down that you didn't put my boy static on your list.

Oh shit, I keep forgetting Static is part of that continuity! I'd put Static between Superman and JL on my list.

Ooooo, this will be a rare time where I strongly disagree with you. JL ranks top of pile for me. That show was essentially an animated Star Trek show.

Admittedly, JLU does give us one of the best Batman moments ever

batman-and-ace-e1472133203181.jpg

Sephzilla

Classic Episode.

One of the things I don't like about the later DCAU shows is what they do to Batman. In TAS he's still a pretty optimistic superhero who actively is trying to save the criminals he's stopping. In JL and JLU he's kind of a senile unlikable jerk who becomes kind of a parody of himself. I give grumply Old Bruce in Beyond a pass though because Beyond is kind of a glorified elseworlds tale

Top Bottom