• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

rrc1594

tenor.gif

It is Shootmember.

cordy

Banned
See, to me, a "five star match with no story" is not a five star match.

It depends. I can agree if it relates to a story within the match. Outside of the match though it just goes back to a line Styles said recently. He said he was taught to have the fans "care about the match before we step in the ring." That in itself helps matches out and overall makes them better which is where the story comes into play. You have that and then you have a great match with storytelling as well? That's a great result.

But then you get these so-called 5 star matches people reference all the time and people like me, someone who's not all into other promotions and storylines and such, we see them and we think "this is a 5 star?" because what we see isn't the same as someone who's been invested in a multiple month long storyline nor know the backstories. At that point you gotta rely on the match itself rather than any story before the match.

Video packages are great for that type of thing. That's one thing the WWE knows how to do very well. If you miss a feud, they put a video package out before the match that usually encapsulates what you need to know prior.

Anth0ny

WWE soap opera story telling summed up in a video package before the match is not the same thing as in ring story telling.

In ring story telling is always present in the great matches, whether it's New Japan, WWE or any other promotion.

Dave mentioned this morning that Dragon Lee was supposed to be in the CWC before he hurt his knee last year, and that WWE is still pursuing him.

So he could be headed there soon.

cordy

Banned
WWE soap opera story telling summed up in a video package before the match is not the same thing as in ring story telling.

In ring story telling is always present in the great matches, whether it's New Japan, WWE or any other promotion.

Who said that's the same as in-ring storytelling? They're 2 different things.

DG0xeZyUMAA849x.jpg

Wrestling with big names is a super rare thing here in Oregon. Don't think these are big enough to justify the five-hour drive each way.

Are we not pouring one out in memory of The Big Show's wrasslin' career? this may well be the end of his run outside of cameos and such.

Batman TAS > Beyond > Superman TAS > JLU > JL

Hot take - Unlimited is alright but it has too much focus on the Justice League B-Team members.
That's all part of the fun, when Green Arrow is basically your main event player and you get an entire episode devoted to the bumblings of Booster Gold, goooooood times.

Who's ready for the Ziggler promo tonight?
I wonder who he randomly shoots on this week? I look forward to him pushing back his NEW character reveal to next week again.

Hex

Banned
Dave mentioned this morning that Dragon Lee was supposed to be in the CWC before he hurt his knee last year, and that WWE is still pursuing him.

So he could be headed there soon.

Oh that's great, he can be chile con queso since pepper jack is now taken.

Recall

I can't wait for KENTA to go back to Japan, such a forgettable WWE run that did nothing but shorten his career due to injuries.

Thd amount of wrestlers under WWE/NXT contracts is staggering. Enough to fill 10 indies, easy.

I can't wait for KENTA to go back to Japan, such a forgettable WWE run that did nothing but shorten his career due to injuries.

Thd amount of wrestlers under WWE/NXT contracts is staggering. Enough to fill 10 indies, easy.

There isn't enough took for everyone. Chris Heronis just doing nothing.

It's crazy

MC Safety

The four horsewomen bit is pretty awful.

The mma horsewomen weren't particularly good in their chosen sport (except for Rhonda Rousey). The wrestling horsewomen were just four novices who got saddled with an inelegant nickname because they were a quartet.

I guess at Wrestlemania or whatever, we're going to see who deserves the nickname the least.

I do wonder if the UK stuff is an experiment in having talent on-hand that's still working the indies regularly

They're spreading their brand with the WWE UK stuff and the wrestlers are associated with the company but they don't necessarily need to be on TV every week (with Dunne though you can pretty much assume he will be eventually)

As its been said there really isn't room for that much talent on the roster right now (since they can't even use majority of their current pool properly)

Makes sense with the long rumored tape library stuff too. Add all of these indies to the network and have them elevated by "your guys"

Hex

Banned
The four horsewomen bit is pretty awful.

The mma horsewomen weren't particularly good in their chosen sport (except for Rhonda Rousey). The wrestling horsewomen were just four novices who got saddled with an inelegant nickname because they were a quartet.

I guess at Wrestlemania or whatever, we're going to see who deserves the nickname the least.

Well plus Ric's daughter was one of the four...

Bluekaveli knows when to step away from the keyboard and to tackle on life's challenges. Dude is straight up a real shooter.

He'll be back when it's right for him.

Menome

What if Blue is waiting for Sunny Mac's return, and will come back then just to steal Sunny's return pop

The Ultimate Shoot™

Got RAW on in a window. Jordan vs Cena. Neither person needs to lose this.

PLUS: Any UK folk able to help me out? I'm after a £20 Steam code to trade for £20 PSN code. My local GAME is out of voucher-cards and I'm a bit stuck as I have to use their in-store credit.

Top Bottom