• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

they put police story in the theaters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ7VRD1Nfj8

large.gif

If Terminator 2 isn't even the best Terminator movie how can it be the GOAT action movie? 🤔
I actually agree with that

Terminator 1 is the best Terminator but T2 is the best overall action movie

Different goals for each I guess. T1 is gritty realism dude, that could happen for real

If Terminator 2 isn't even the best Terminator movie how can it be the GOAT action movie? 🤔
I think Terminator 1 skirts the genre enough that you can argue that it's not a "pure" action movie. Certainly not the way T2 is.

That said, T1 > T2 and Die Hard is the GOAT action movie. And for good measure, Predator > T2.

Sephzilla

If Terminator 2 isn't even the best Terminator movie how can it be the GOAT action movie? ��

Because Terminator 1 isn't an action movie

T1 > T2

Alien > Aliens

I have a really hard time comparing the first Alien/Terminator movie to the sequel, mostly because both sequels jump genres a bit. Genre swapping was actually a pretty smart move by Cameron because it helps distinguish each sequel a little more, makes comparing it to the original a little harder, and helps prevent diminishing returns.

If you had to make me choose though I think I would say
Aliens > Alien and Terminator 1 = Terminator 2. Rewatching Alien, I actually think it's too much of a slog and it has no established main character until halfway into the movie.

I think Terminator 1 skirts the genre enough that you can argue that it's not a "pure" action movie. Certainly not the way T2 is.

That said, T1 > T2 and Die Hard is the GOAT action movie. And for good measure, Predator > T2.
I like the idea of Predator more than the actual movie. It's not even an action film really, it's a slasher film where the victims are all ripped dudes with giant guns

I like Die Hard and I have a greater appreciation for it after rewatching it for the first time in a while last year but it's no T2 brother. It's not even on Robocop's level

Terminator 2 is all about the spectacle and action setpieces, Terminator 1 is just surviving and not really going guns blazing or anything. (aside from the police officers getting got)

Sephzilla

Terminator 3 isn't even the 3rd best Terminator movie.

T1 = T2 > T2-3D Ride > T4 > Sarah Connor Chronicles > T3 > Genysysysys

1) Terminator Salvation actually attempts something different instead of being a rehash of Terminator 2
2) Terminator 3's existence renders Terminator 2 pointless from a story perspective
3) The one thing that gives Sarah Connor Chronicles some value is that it retcons T3 away

Terminator 1 is more of a thriller/horror movie than an action movie as far as I'm concerned.

The frustrating part about modern Terminator movies is not so much messing with muh lore as much as the people making them thinking the franchise is defined by "I'll Be Back" and "Come with me if you want to live"

Sephzilla

I haven't seen any Terminator movie past T3.

Consider yourself lucky

A lot of great franchises should have stopped at the second movie

- Alien
- Terminator
- RoboCop
- Predator
- Lethal Weapon
- Superman
- Pirates of the Carribean

I want to put Die Hard on this list as well because I think Die Hard 3 is overrated as hell, but Die Hard 4 was super FnP. I could probably count on one hand the trilogies/franchises that made a good movie #3 or onward.

A lot of great franchises should have stopped at the second movie

- Alien
- Terminator
- RoboCop
- Predator
- Lethal Weapon
- Superman
- Pirates of the Carribean

I want to put Die Hard on this list as well because I think Die Hard 3 is overrated as hell, but Die Hard 4 was super FnP. I could probably count on one hand the trilogies/franchises that made a good movie #3 or onward.
I liked Pirates 4 a lot actually, my favorite since the first. Solely because the 2nd and 3rd went way far up its own ass with seriousness

Never saw the last one because it was apparently trash

Raw64life

A shitty shirt of Dean Ambrose wearing a shitty shirt.

When it comes to Destiny specifically, which is the game at hand here, it doesn't matter physical vs. digital because once those servers are gone it's game over no matter how you own the game.

Granted this wont be an issue for a long time, but emulators have gained the ability to play games online. With the Dolphin in particular, you can play games like Smash Bros. Brawl online even though online support has officially ended for the game. Even though dumping the game and getting it working takes some effort, you can still legally do it with a physical copy.

This is something that will be impossible to do with digital games in the future. We're probably still about a decade away from this ever being an issue, but the point is at least with physical, you'll have the option should it ever present itself.

Sephzilla

Watched Wheels on Meals the other night, and if there's a better modern fight in film I've yet to see it;

MtrPVwv.gif

While I wouldn't call it better than the Wheels on Meals fight, I'm a fan of the 10 v 1 fight in the first Ip Man

bvMDciL.gif

I liked Pirates 4 a lot actually, my favorite since the first. Solely because the 2nd and 3rd went way far up its own ass with seriousness

Never saw the last one because it was apparently trash

Pirates 3 in particular went way overboard with the crazy supernatural shit. The first movie was "everythings normal, except for cursed skeleton pirates". The second movie was "everythings normal except for crazy sea monster pirates". Then the third movie introduces a goddamn parallel dimension, reincarnation, a literal sea god, pirate government, and a stupid subplot involving a trading company.

Top Bottom