• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I'd take;

Everett, Xavier, DJ Z & Trevor Lee for the flippy-do division.

Petey Williams & Sonjay for NXT because, dammit, those dudes deserve a proper payday.

Kongo, Lashley & Kingston for the heavyweights.

Rosemary and Hania from the knockouts.

Draxal

I'd take;

Petey Williams & Sonjay for NXT because, dammit, those dudes deserve a proper payday.

Doesn't somebody like Sonjay want to become more of a trainer and not travel as much? I know the WWE was interested in Sonjay for the big India push.

WWE signs talent to prevent them from making other promotions successful.

Its why they sign key bullet club members and make them jobbers.

Mike Bennett's capable of making nothing successful and Adam Cole couldn't make people pay attention to ROH even with actual stars around him

Raw64life

As long as Michael Hayes remains employed Lashley is never going back to WWE.

And count me in on the "I don't get the Adam Cole hype" train. Only seen a handful of his matches but was not impressed.

And someone will probably say "but tape library"

Given the Network limits the revenue WWE can make off any tape library the Broken gimmick might be the most valuable thing (in terms of revenue potential) TNA has to offer WWE

I think personally Jeff Jarrett should reconcile with Vince and admit he was wrong for going to WCW the second time, wrong for holding him up, wrong for starting TNA, and wrong trying to compete.

Vince has forgiven Bret Hart, Warrior (although he was most likely very sick), put Macho Man in the HoF, brought back Hall and Nash, Madusa, and gave Sunny many chances.

He can find something for Jarrett.

Tom Nook

I'd take;

Maybe WWE will pull a Raw CW division and a Smackdown CW division. Change the Main Event show to RAW CW division show and 205 rebranded to Smackdown.

Beefy

I'd take;

Forgot they had Rosemary. I like her.

How do you feel about bad looking superkicks

Boring, as I have seen way too many. So I am guessing he is just average and not exciting?

I think personally Jeff Jarrett should reconcile with Vince and admit he was wrong for going to WCW the second time, wrong for holding him up, wrong for starting TNA, and wrong trying to compete.

He was right to do all those things, especially holding him up and trying to compete

Jarrett has nothing to apologize for and I hope more people hold up Vince and HHH

Beefy

As long as Michael Hayes remains employed Lashley is never going back to WWE.

Why's that?

And someone will probably say "but tape library"

Given the Network limits the revenue WWE can make off any tape library the Broken gimmick might be the most valuable thing (in terms of revenue potential) TNA has to offer WWE

Forgot that as well! We could have Broken Hardy's vs Decay again 😂

BiggNife

It's still weird to think about how there was a point where TNA was actually popular enough to get a big budget video game

TNA_iMPACT%21.jpg

This cover is pretty funny in hindsight considering where every single one of those dudes ended up going

Raw64life

Why's that?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2009/0914/521861/kristal-marshall-airs-out-racism-in-wwe/

On the "morally degrading storyline" that made her quit WWE: She said it all began with the Teddy Long wedding storyline. She says she was concerned that it wouldn't be tasteful, and while Stephanie McMahon told her it would be tasteful, Michael Hayes told her it would be raunchy. She said she was hearing two different stories from two different people, and if it was going to be distasteful she wasn't going to do it. She said Hayes didn't treat Bobby Lashley well in the past, and Hayes actually said he doesn't like Bobby "or anyone that looks like him." She said she knew if she didn't do the storyline she would lose her job, but she was willing to do that. She says Trish Stratus carried herself very well in WWE and wanted to be like her. She puts over Fit Finlay as a great teacher.

On Bobby Lashley leaving WWE: She says Bobby was literally making millions with WWE, but walked away because the problems in the company outweighed the money. She says Michael Hayes had blatantly made racial comments to Bobby and said directly that he didn't like Bobby. She says it was the right time for him to leave the company.

It's still weird to think about how there was a point where TNA was actually popular enough to get a big budget video game

TNA_iMPACT%21.jpg

This cover is pretty funny in hindsight considering where every single one of those dudes ended up going

The TNA game still looks better than every WWE game that's come out since

RBH

Complete roster for WWE 2K18 (without DLC announcements yet):

JBL
Tatanka
Typhoon
Tatsumi Fujinami
RVD
Booker T
Batista
Trish Stratus
Sycho Sid
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Christian
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Aiden English
Big E
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Sting
Shawn Michaels
Titus O’Neil
Enzo Amore
The Brian Kendrick
Shane McMahon
Alicia Fox
Stephanie McMahon
Ultimate Warrior
Charlotte Flair
Curtis Axel
Bo Dallas
Kassius Ohno
Darren Young
Rich Swann
Gran Metalik
Noam Dar
Jack Gallagher
No Way Jose
Primo Colon
Epico Colon
Tyson Kidd
Billie Kay
Peyton Royce
Rhyno
Curt Hawkins
Heath Slater
R-Truth
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe
Big Cass
Rusev
Finn Bálor
Chris Jericho
Rick Martel
Mick Foley
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
Miss Jacqueline
Rikishi
Macho Man Randy Savage
Mr. Perfect
Lex Luger
Razor Ramon
Rick Rude
Vader
Ric Flair
Chad Gable
Alexa Bliss
Nia Jax
Tye Dillinger
Apollo Crews
Carmella
Dana Brooke
Neville
Shane Thorne
Akam
Rezar
Michael P.S. Hayes
Jimmy Garvin
Tommaso Ciampa
Cedric Alexander
Asuka
TJP
Roderick Strong
Johnny Gargano
Jason Jordan
Nick Miller
Dash Wilder
Scott Dawson
Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler
Sami Zayn
Dean Ambrose
Baron Corbin
Kalisto
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Hideo Itami
Eric Young
Jinder Mahal
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Konnor
Viktor
Cesaro
Sheamus
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Nikki Cross
Alundra Blayze
Emma
Lita
Summer Rae
Paige
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
British Bulldog
Buddy Roberts
Diamond Dallas Page
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Big Show
Andre the Giant
Kane
Diesel (and Kevin Nash)
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Sawyer Fulton
Alexander Wolfe
Killian Dain
Braun Strowman
Goldust
Goldberg
Earthquake
Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart
Larry Zbyszko
Brutus “The Barber”Beefcake
Greg “The Hammer” Valentine
Edge
Godfather
Eddie Guerrero
Daniel Bryan
Maryse
Naomi
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Ivory
Natalya
Mickie James
Becky Lynch
Tamina
Ember Moon
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Mojo Rawley
Zack Ryder
Shinsuke Nakamura
AJ Styles
Bobby Roode
The Miz
Roman Reigns
The Rock
Triple H
Brock Lesnar
Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler
Sami Zayn
Dean Ambrose
Baron Corbin
Kalisto
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Hideo Itami
Eric Young
Jinder Mahal
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Konnor
Viktor
Cesaro
Sheamus
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Nikki Cross
Alundra Blayze
Emma
Lita
Summer Rae
Paige
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
British Bulldog
Buddy Roberts
Diamond Dallas Page
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Big Show
Andre the Giant
Kane
Diesel (and Kevin Nash)
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Sawyer Fulton
Alexander Wolfe
Killian Dain
Braun Strowman

BiggNife

When is the Yukes contract up?

Never

They've been making these games since 2000 and they consistently sell well because there's no real competition

There was the hope that the transition from THQ to 2K would lead to improvements but it really hasn't

Abusing Super Kicks tells me you are intellectually lazy and uncreative as a performer and can't think on your feet. It just reeks of a fill in the gap move to give the performer time to set up the next spot and is almost always out of place with story being told in-ring. It's biggest problem is no one would even use it in a shoot fight.

At least when Roman is trying to set up new spots he utilizes his uppercut slaps.

Heroman

Banned
Abusing Super Kicks tells me you are intellectually lazy and uncreative as a performer and can't think on your feet. It just reeks of a fill in the gap move to give the performer time to set up the next spot and is almost always out of place with story being told in-ring. It's biggest problem is no one would even use it in a shoot fight.

At least when Roman is trying to set up new spots he utilizes his uppercut slaps.
What? Using a lot of super kicks is like using a lot of knees or chops etc.
And 99% of wreslting people would use in a fight.

The biggest problem with WWE games isn't WWE, it isn't even Yukes - it's the million or so fans who lap that shit up every year. If you get enjoyment out of WWE games, then fair play to you, but if you're an endless complainer then vote with your wallet! That goes for the Network too!

The biggest problem with WWE games isn't WWE, it isn't even Yukes - it's the million or so fans who lap that shit up every year. If you get enjoyment out of WWE games, then fair play to you, but if you're an endless complainer then vote with your wallet! That goes for the Network too!

Amen

Raw64life

I bought 2K13 because it was on sale for $25 on Black Friday that year. Other than that, the last Yukes game I bought was Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube.

I just don't think it matters that much when they're probably making these games for super cheap with all the assets they reuse every year.

Anth0ny

WWE buys TNA for $6, gets:

-the broken gimmick

-enough footage to do a new Kurt Angle, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe DVD and make back their investment

-TNA video library for the network which can't hurt

He was right to do all those things, especially holding him up and trying to compete

Jarrett has nothing to apologize for and I hope more people hold up Vince and HHH

If TNA was successful, I would agree. I remember ordering their PPVs for years and I looked so forward to it on Wednesday nights. I remember their debut on Fox Sports Net, I remember watching Elix Skipper's Dragonrana live on PPV, the X-Division, etc.

There were so many moments that were great. It's just I feel he could have done more to make his product an alternative as opposed to trying to be WWE-lite.

As it is, I refuse to support the WWE Network even for just the minimal $10 monthly fee or anything WWE.

BiggNife

WWE buys TNA for $6, gets:

-the broken gimmick

-enough footage to do a new Kurt Angle, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe DVD and make back their investment

-TNA video library for the network which can't hurt

Yeah, it feels like there would really be no downsides for the WWE if they bought them

Being able to reintroduce Broken Hardys would definitely get a crap-ton of exposure and so many current WWE guys had TNA tenures that could be featured on DVDs (especially Angle and Styles)

Yeah, it feels like there would really be no downsides for the WWE if they bought them

If they buy TNA they get everything that comes with that, including the debts, which they'll have to pay off

If they wait for the company to go under they don't have to worry about that or excess talent issues or bad TV deals or baggage of the name/its reputation

There are some pros and a lot of cons

Beefy

If they buy TNA they get everything that comes with that, including the debts, which they'll have to pay off

If they wait for the company to go under they don't have to worry about that or excess talent issues or bad TV deals or baggage of the name/its reputation

There are some pros and a lot of cons

Or just buy the parts they want before it goes bust.

Top Bottom