• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

RBH

The commentary in the MYC is embarrassingly terrible. Good god.

It truly is awful.

At the very least, I would've liked to have seen them use Madusa on commentary instead of Lita. Instead, they just shoved Madusa backstage and didn't have her appear on camera

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

suQp6Y3.gif

Some performers are great engaging with an audience but in of itself that doesnt make for great TV. Adam Cole is fun in person but I can't see him ever getting past mid card level on any major promotion.

Some performers are great engaging with an audience but in of itself that doesnt make for great TV. Adam Cole is fun in person but I can't see him ever getting past mid card level on any major promotion.

You could have said the same about Steen years ago (and a lot did).

And he had way more working against him.

They couldn't even set it up with something like Ronda saying "the MMA girls are taking over"

They just want to fight because they're evenly numbered groups of women

Why is Impact/TNA/GFW always in trouble financially but never dies.

There's always a money mark who will see the situation and think if only they step in to try to save the day, it can all be fixed

Off the top of my head: Dixie tried (the rest of the Carters tried to help her too but I'll only half count that one), Jarrett came back to try twice, Corgan tried, Anthem tried. Guarantee I'm missing at least a few names, and that's only the people who were at the top at some point, not counting names like Russo and Cornette who were brought in to help repeatedly, or names like Heyman who they toyed with bringing in to save the day

Pull 6 names out of a hat, you'll find 6 people who will still not be able to make this a profitable success. 2 of whom might go mad trying

Jordan Nelson went #6 overall and then the person who drafted him didn't pick Rodgers coming back!?

The first three picks of my team were La'Veon Bell, Marshawn Lynch, and Tom Brady. I like most of your team btw

Heh, I thought the same thing as well!

I wanted to get ODB but he got picked up right before me. I the decided to go with Gordon and if Ajayi was there on the way back, get him. I was contemplating going with AJ or Evans but decided to pass on them both for Gordon. I got TY and Hopkins but I am not too confident in my WR core. Inconstant QB play, bleh.

I want to pick up Kevin White as he is on the waiver wire but we have only 5 open spots on the bench and I don't want to drop anyone.

Bell and Brady I'm down for. Lynch I feel is a bit of a reach in your top 3.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The #August1Warning Story

Basically,

TNA hyped up this one announcement for weeks to the point where everyone knew it would be disappointing in some way

They weren't, in any way, prepared for the disappointment that was a standoff between the New Main Event Mafia and the Aces & Eights being interrupted by the return of Tito Ortiz
who missed his cue and was supposed to be already on the ramp when the lights went out
coming out only after they came back on
to deafening silence because most of the audience didn't remember him from 8+ years ago when he was 1) relevant in UFC or 2) when he was first appearing for TNA
then standing in awkward silence as Mr. Kennedy over-acted dramatically, Quinton Rampage Jackson eventually tried to act like he'd come over and fight him before their Bellator fight, and everyone else acted dumbfounded

All of this was to hype a segment a week or two later where Tito revealed whose side he was on (spoiler: the bad guys), and then a week or two after that it was all over anyway because Bellator pulled him and Rampage because they didn't want either one getting hurt doing stupid fake wrestling right before their stupid fake MMA fight was scheduled

Hasney

Eh, still pretty hard to top Sting pulling off a Sting mask after half-assedly smacking a chair into RVD's face and RVD overselling it

That's great mis-direction though. Why would Sting wear a Sting mask?!

Sting was a joke anyway. And people wanted Sting V Undertaker :lol

Sephzilla

Heh, I thought the same thing as well!

I wanted to get ODB but he got picked up right before me. I the decided to go with Gordon and if Ajayi was there on the way back, get him. I was contemplating going with AJ or Evans but decided to pass on them both for Gordon. I got TY and Hopkins but I am not too confident in my WR core. Inconstant QB play, bleh.

I want to pick up Kevin White as he is on the waiver wire but we have only 5 open spots on the bench and I don't want to drop anyone.

Bell and Brady I'm down for. Lynch I feel is a bit of a reach in your top 3.

Lynch was a little bit of a reach but I wasn't gonna get him if I waited another round (two people behind me were autodrafting because they didn't show up for the live draft, and Lynch was at the top of the chart) and running backs were flying off the shelf at that point in the draft. Plus I'm banking on Lynch having a good year

Top Bottom