• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sephzilla

Yeah, TNA/GFW is probably so in debt that it will scare WWE away from straight up buying them. At this point it's better to just wait for the promotion to die off and then loot the corpse

BiggNife

If WWE bought TNA and added their library to the network, I would love to know how many people go back and watch any of it.

I could see interest in seeing what Angle and Styles did there considering they were both at TNA longer than they've been at WWE

And of course the Broken stuff

If they buy TNA they get everything that comes with that, including the debts, which they'll have to pay off

If they wait for the company to go under they don't have to worry about that or excess talent issues or bad TV deals or baggage of the name/its reputation

There are some pros and a lot of cons

Hm that's fair, I guess it all depends on how bad the debts are

Striker

Me saying damn is what I am saying about the article, as in damn he was treated like that. It's a black London dude thing.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1001127.shtml

WWE Smackdown writer Michael Hayes is currently serving a 60-day suspension for using a racial slur during WrestleMania 24 weekend. Hayes was at a public gathering and used a derogatory term while speaking with Mark Henry, who took offense and reported the issue to either Vince McMahon or Stephanie McMahon.

Hayes and MVP had been using the word while joking around together earlier in the night. It was a party setting and Hayes had been drinking when he approached Henry. A pair of sources confirmed that Hayes told Henry, "I'm more of a n----- that you are." One of the sources claims that it was a play on something MVP jokingly said about Hayes earlier in the night because of the white suit that he wore to the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. Hayes then headbutted Henry in what one source described as a playful manner. Henry and Hayes exchanged words, and the former reported the issue to WWE officials.

If WWE bought TNA and added their library to the network, I would love to know how many people go back and watch any of it.
I'm sure many would for the 2004-2010 content, pre-Hogan.

I definitely go back and watch the X division matches

Generally though, I think it would be genuinely interesting to see how many would go back and watch the bulk of it. I'm not saying it to be a dick, there is plenty of things I would go back and check out. I just mean as a whole, I wonder what the viewership would look like.

Sephzilla

Holy shit at what KO said to Shane on SD Live

(Crowd is awful btw)

*watches*

that helicopter bit

SXurw7E.gif

Which of you lovely people are grinding through Destiny 2 on Xbox?

What? Using a lot of super kicks is like using a lot of knees or chops etc.
And 99% of wreslting people would use in a fight.

What's the DPS on a superkick vs a chop or a knee?

*watches*

that helicopter bit

SXurw7E.gif

I missed the exchange (unfortunately, can't say the same for the dolph shit)

Did he seriously bring up the helicopter crash?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Which of you lovely people are grinding through Destiny 2 on Xbox?

What's the DPS on a superkick vs a chop or a knee?

He said Shane's family and kids would've been better off if he didn't survive

it was a great start

Sephzilla

God damn, Ziggler's gimmick is literally whining about other gimmicks being more over

KO said
"You know what, you're whole family would have been better off had you not survived that crash"

Were TNA nearly dead then?

They've been nearly dead for a while. Like, even being optimistic and thinking that them never having made a profit in their entire 15 years wasn't automatically really really bad, shit's been very very very bad since that time they got kicked off Spike and had to beg for a TV spot

Which they found and got kicked off of a year after that

It's been 4 or 5 years of them struggling to find and maintain a spot on TV, to the point where when it was announced last week that Pop TV (aka the TV Guide channel) renewed them for only a one year deal, it was considered good. Because nobody else wanted them

Beefy

They've been nearly dead for a while. Like, even being optimistic and thinking that them never having made a profit in their entire 15 years wasn't automatically really really bad, shit's been very very very bad since that time they got kicked off Spike and had to beg for a TV spot

Which they found and got kicked off of a year after that

It's been 4 or 5 years of them struggling to find and maintain a spot on TV, to the point where when it was announced last week that Pop TV (aka the TV Guide channel) renewed them for only a one year deal, it was considered good. Because nobody else wanted them

Yeah in the UK they are on some weird UK channel no one watches.

Yeah in the UK they are on some weird UK channel no one watches.
Aren't they on Spike 😂

What was the reason they were so hellbent on keeping the broken Hardy gimmick again? Surely getting idk 50 grand free money from Matt Hardy for it is better than nothing?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Should have Dolph come out to no music, no lights etc and have him jaded as fuck similar to Batista

"Spotlight. Please."

I get the need to make an exchange between two bitter enemies personal, but there needs to be a line that shouldn't be crossed. Obviously Shane was okay with that if it was greenlit, but surely his wife and kids have a different thought on the matter.

That's awful.

Beefy

Aren't they on Spike 😂

What was the reason they were so hellbent on keeping the broken Hardy gimmick again? Surely getting idk 50 grand free money from Matt Hardy for it is better than nothing?

Spike UK and I have seen them on another random channel as well. No one watches that shit.

Anth0ny

Sable being hot AF couldn't redeem how cringe worthy that was every time she did it.

Seph

This is for the women who wanna be me

and the men who come and seeeee meeeeeeee

I get the need to make an exchange between two bitter enemies personal, but there needs to be a line that shouldn't be crossed. Obviously Shane was okay with that if it was greenlit, but surely his wife and kids have a different thought on the matter.

That's awful.

Shane and his family are the carniest of carny. I guarantee they were 100% fine with it.

They chose this life.

Hasney

That's awful.

I'm sure they're well aware that wrestling is fake.

Sephzilla

Sephzillo, I hope you and your loved ones are doing well.

Thanks man. Funeral was Friday and then we had a party to celebrate his life on Saturday. Things are kind of slowly starting to return to normal but it's pretty easy to tell my girlfriend is still broken because of it all. She's slowly starting to act like herself again but she has her moments, which i fully expect to last for a while.

Beefy

Thanks man. Funeral was Friday and then we had a party to celebrate his life on Saturday. Things are kind of slowly starting to return to normal but it's pretty easy to tell my girlfriend is still broken because of it all. She's slowly starting to act like herself again but she has her moments, which i fully expect to last for a while.

Good to hear she seems to be doing better.

RBH

Jeff Jarrett is out as Global Force Wrestling’s Chief Creative Officer, and the move has the potential to have a wide-reaching impact within the professional wrestling industry.

GFW released a statement that Jarrett needed to focus on personal issues. When asked for clarification on Jarrett’s status, GFW’s parent company, Anthem Sports and Entertainment, declined comment.

Jarrett’s exit creates an entire realm of possibilities for GFW, which, up until 2017, was known as TNA Impact Wrestling.

GFW is hemorrhaging funds, and sources close to the situation have confirmed that Anthem is ready to withdraw itself from the wrestling industry and sell GFW. Anthem even needed to gut the Fight Network in order to finance GFW.

Another wrinkle to the story is that Jarrett still owns the name of Global Force Wrestling, so Anthem would be selling Impact Wrestling.

Yet, despite the entire ordeal, wrestling is all about commodities, and Anthem has a worthwhile commodity if it decides to sell GFW/Impact primarily due to its tape library.

WWE tops the list of potential suitors, as the tape library is extremely valuable. A number of WWE’s top stars, including AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode, as well as Raw GM Kurt Angle, all produced some incredibly compelling work in TNA. If the company were ever to pursue Ring of Honor’s Jay Lethal, he also has entertaining work from TNA with his Randy Savage-inspired “Black Machismo” character, as well as his Ric Flair impersonation.

If WWE decides to purchase GFW/Impact, the Hardys stand to benefit most. WWE would then own the “Broken Universe” intellectual property, and “Broken” Matt and Brother Nero would mesmerize WWE audiences with their “Broken Brilliance”.

A key part of any potential deal is the presence of John “Big” Gaburick, who is still a part of the GFW creative team. Gaburick is extremely close with Kevin Dunn, who is WWE’s Executive Vice President of Television Production.

Anthem could also consider selling to Ring of Honor or even open up discussions with former TNA investor and Smashing Pumpkins icon Billy Corgan, but Jarrett’s exit opens the door for WWE to make Anthem an offer it cannot refuse.
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/09/06/jeff-jarrett-global-force-wrestling

Zach

Yeah:

that one movie said:
At some point it becomes bearable. It turns into something you can crawl out from under, and carry around — like a brick in your pocket. And you forget it every once in a while, but then you reach in for whatever reason and there it is: “Oh, right. That.”

Life can be a bad time, but we get through it together. May her pain continue to lessen as the days go by.

Top Bottom