• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

JR so awful doing the MYC. In Ep. 7, he tells us we've just seen Sane do a spear for the first time.

We saw her do the spear in her Round 1 match.

Adree

Destiny 2 is a really fun do-over of Destiny 1. They fixed most of the gripes but it's kind of insane that it still has roughly the same weapons and the same enemies.

I put together a timeline of the bigger NJPW matches / storylines since Okada's return to go through with a few friends who aren't familiar with New Japan and who have kinda fallen out of wrestling in the past year or two. We started at Wrestle Kingdom 6 and are now at Wrestle Kingdom 9.

Kota+Ibushi+german+suplex+to+Shinsuke+Nakamura.gif

That fucking Ibushi / Nakamura match. Even having seen it twice before and going into it with high expectations, it still blew us away. The escalation and build throughout it was exceptional. It was also interesting how both men basically played heel.

It has a bad name, but it's a really good finisher, fam. It actually looks legitimately devastating, as a good finisher should.

https://media.tenor.com/images/2c6034a3c17e88a9c1a1c1db1a276628/tenor.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
The move has negative connotations associated with it due to the movie American History X, in which a Neo Nazi played by Edward Norton kicks the back of African American man's head as his mouth is biting onto the edge of a curb.

Given Rollins previous relationship with a wrestler who posted a Hitler meme on social meda, the optics were not good.

Also this gif appeared to go viral when he curb stomped Big E on a Raw that aired on Martin Luther King Jr. day:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D6mujap.gif

Which probably didn't help.

On the plus side, I don't think he's injured anyone with this specific move which is pretty amazing given his unsafe work style.
Yeah, the finisher needs to be renamed but its a really good finisher otherwise.
It was changed...

to The Blackout.

Hex

Banned
I put together a timeline of the bigger NJPW matches / storylines since Okada's return to go through with a few friends who aren't familiar with New Japan and who have kinda fallen out of wrestling in the past year or two. We started at Wrestle Kingdom 6 and are now at Wrestle Kingdom 9.

Kota+Ibushi+german+suplex+to+Shinsuke+Nakamura.gif

That fucking Ibushi / Nakamura match. Even having seen it twice before and going into it with high expectations, it still blew us away. The escalation and build throughout it was exceptional. It was also interesting how both men basically played heel.

They really made it feel personal and that there was real static between them.
Amazing match

Are we still shooting because fuck Wes Anderson and his corny ass movies about twee yuppies.

Rushmore is the GOAT, though.

All caught up on the MYC this morning. Wish the final two matches hadn't been a face vs. face match and a heel vs. heel match. But overall, super fun, and I want all these women mixed up into NXT and the main roster.

Top Bottom