• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should i watch new Manchurian Candidate or pick up the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

Original.

This remake seems so dumb. I mean the work Manchurian in the original was because the Chinese were a big part of the plot, and now in this new one, the word Manchurian is some sort of big Corporation.

BAH!!!!!!

ORIGINAL!!!!!!

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
aparisi2274 said:
Original.

This remake seems so dumb. I mean the work Manchurian in the original was because the Chinese were a big part of the plot, and now in this new one, the word Manchurian is some sort of big Corporation.

Enough! *orders original*

Prospero

Best Buy has the remastered special edition of The Manchurian Candidate for $9.99.

That movie is one of the best thrillers ever made, period. That movie, along with Ronin, puts John Frankenheimer in the top tier of American thriller directors.

Prospero

Let me just add that NOTHING in the remake will be able to top Angela Lansbury's performance in the original. If all you know of her is Murder, She Wrote, you are due for one hell of a wake-up call.

Ripclawe

Banned
Prospero said:
Let me just add that NOTHING in the remake will be able to top Angela Lansbury's performance in the original. If all you know of her is Murder, She Wrote, you are due for one hell of a wake-up call.

original all the way.

Prospero said:

Or that teapot. Great movie. Original all the way.

MASB

The original was a great movie. Plus it reminds you that Frank Sinatra could act given the right role. The soundtrack to the original is great, very eerie in some parts. And the ending sequences are pretty thrilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom