• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

I think I'm having a problem with SwitchPro. I'm trying to make the icons black all the time and I have unchecked the "Translucent when disable" box but the icons still appear to be translucent on my desktop.
snap20101205_142543.png

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

womp said:
Still tweaking but here is my current Droid X home.

http://i.imgur.com/2Nybj.png

What clock / theme is this?

ShinNL

remz said:
You actually can change it with ADW, you need to make a shortcut to the app drawer, and customize the icon there before dragging it to the dock
But it deletes the custom icon if I drag it to the center (which turns into a trashcan)... :(

GatorBait

Soneet said:
Haha, I used the same wallpaper. I switched to something else after updating to 2.1 though, because it's hard to put white things on the snow, isn't it :p

I really like what you did to the app drawer button. Too bad ADW doesn't allow me to change that part :(
Yeah, I noticed that somebody else had the same wallpaper earlier in this thread. I just randomly found it while browsing on a wallpaper site.

Can't take credit for the app drawer button. I downloaded the template from XDA (I think).

SRG01

RJNavarrete said:
Looks like simiclock with beautiful widgets 1x1 widget for the icon on the right.

My screen:

droid_x_home_by_rjnavarrete-d34blly.png

What's that battery app?

edit: Also, how do you get the background to go transparent on Simiclock?

I saw this thread over the weekend and got all excited and then after some reading and searching I got all depressed because I have a G1 with version 1.6 which locks me out of LauncherPro and seemingly all the cool stuff. I installed ADW.Launcher Donut but it seems really limited. Other then adding some extra home screens (which I don't really need) I'm not sure why I would use it.

Is it possible on 1.6 to get my app to be screenwide? (like in some pictures and the OP)
Not nearly as fancy as the OP but I want it to look like this:

::ICON:: Name.....

Instead of the icon with the name under it (in tiny font)

Also, did anyone in this thread put together the best 1.6 apps or are you all in the big 2.1+ sandbox?

RJNavarrete said:
The clock is SimiClock. It looks like that by default.
The weather is Beautiful Widgets 4x1 with "FlatWhite" Weather Skin.
How did you get the line between the current and future forecast?

Siebzehn50 said:
How did you get the line between the current and future forecast?
I'm using LauncherPro Plus, so I get to resize widgets. I simply resized simiclock to be 3x2 instead of 3x1, and in a strange coincidence, the only thing that stretches is that vertical line :D

josephdebono said:
RJ, can you please share your clouds wallpaper. I've fallen in love with your whole design.
Same. I'll probably just straight copy it. :lol

What's your messaging widget? Is that Pure messenger widget? It looks awesome but it sounds like there's a lot of people who have had issues using it with Launcher Pro.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
lbcyalater said:
am I the only one who hasnt rooted their phone? I really hate the fact that I cant take screen shots on my moto droid
I haven't rooted my Evo4G and the ShootMe app works fine for me.

CrayzeeCarl said:
Same. I'll probably just straight copy it. :lol

What's your messaging widget? Is that Pure messenger widget? It looks awesome but it sounds like there's a lot of people who have had issues using it with Launcher Pro.

It's the LauncherPro Plus Widget, but it's modified by some dude on the XDA forums.
Found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783427

I own PMW as well, but I didn't really like it after a while. Kinda clunky, IMO. Maybe one day I'll revisit it and tinker with it some to get it to adhere to my tastes :D

Davidion said:
What dock icons are those? Shiny. TIA

Edit: what are the ones in your earlier picture? Seems to be different.

The new ones are iDroid
The old ones [and my current "Apps" icon] are called Freedom

lbcyalater said:
lol but Im dumb and Im worried about voiding the warranty
You can unroot with the same app ;]

RJNavarrete said:
It's the LauncherPro Plus Widget, but it's modified by some dude on the XDA forums.
Found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783427

I own PMW as well, but I didn't really like it after a while. Kinda clunky, IMO. Maybe one day I'll revisit it and tinker with it some to get it to adhere to my tastes :D

The new ones are iDroid
The old ones [and my current "Apps" icon] are called Freedom

You can unroot with the same app ;]
obamabased.jpg

Metroid

Is there a way to increase the size of the Simiclock Widget? Currently it's way too small for me. And how can it show the weather forecast for 4 days like in the screens above? It only shows me the weather for today.
Thanks in advance.

lbcyalater said:
I take it z4root isnt on the market? I just checked and got some app in chinese or doodle master lol
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Download that apk to your downloads folder on your phone. Then go to your setting > Applications > Check Unknown Sources

Then use an application like andexplore [free] to browse to your downloads folder and launch the .apk file to install z4root. Really simple. Just take your time and you can do it in 5 minutes.

.GqueB.

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
Looks like simiclock with beautiful widgets 1x1 widget for the icon on the right.

My screen:

droid_x_home_by_rjnavarrete-d34blly.png
How did you get the weather to display all five days like that? The one I have now only displays the current weather on the right side.

lbcyalater said:
so I got the rooting app and ran it then I tried shoot me and it still failed...or maybe I did in life
Did you do a battery pull after? Uninstall shootme. Do a battery pull. Download and re-install shootme. Should def. work.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
RJNavarrete said:
v1.2

droidx_v_2_by_rjnavarrete-d34co6q.jpg

[obviously fonts are much more legible in person]
1. What is that font name?
2. How did you get the white line from SimiClock to also divide the beautiful widgets current weather from the forecast?

Thanks man

edit: just got the white line to stretch in lpp. mindblown

JohnTinker said:
1. What is that font name?
2. How did you get the white line from SimiClock to also divide the beautiful widgets current weather from the forecast?

Thanks man

edit: just got the white line to stretch in lpp. mindblown
Font is lelim. :] I believe in 200 weight.

Top Bottom