• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

TM0Gt.png

Davidion

Very nice, although I think that clock color clashes a bit much with the background. Other than that, loving the theme.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
RJNavarrete said:
What are you on, atm?
i am currently on an iphone but i am thinking about switching phone at the end of the month. i was thinking about windows phone 7 and then black berry now android. ive been asking around and creeping threads but i still don't know which one. i really need a phone that will last at least 3 years. i wish there was a thread comparing all major smart phones.

shadowcomplex said:
i am currently on an iphone but i am thinking about switching phone at the end of the month. i was thinking about windows phone 7 and then black berry now android. ive been asking around and creeping threads but i still don't know which one. i really need a phone that will last at least 3 years. i wish there was a thread comparing all major smart phones.

3 years? Man...thats like trying to use a 1.6 G1 when everyone has moved onto the 2.3 Nexus S and 2.3 G2. I'd go insane.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Jamesfrom818 said:
3 years? Man...thats like trying to use a 1.6 G1 when everyone has moved onto the 2.3 Nexus S and 2.3 G2. I'd go insane.
I am using iPhone 3G. How do you think I feel. Apple just keeps rolling out updates that fuck up my phone more and more each time. At one point I just said fuck it. I am still using 3.1.2.

A major part of the problem is Rogers and thier asshole 3 yr contracts. Well Rogers and every other provider. So yea I guess I Need a phone that can last 3 years.

shadowcomplex said:
I am using iPhone 3G. How do you think I feel. Apple just keeps rolling out updates that fuck up my phone more and more each time. At one point I just said fuck it. I am still using 3.1.2.

A major part of the problem is Rogers and thier asshole 3 yr contracts. Well Rogers and every other provider. So yea I guess I Need a phone that can last 3 years.
3 yr contracts? That sucks. Sorry. :(

GatorBait

shadowcomplex said:

Wait until the new crop of Android phones with Android 3.0 and 4G capability are released in 2011. You'll obviously be running on old hardware/software by year 3, but with the hardware, 4G capability, and the ability the get Android OS updates on your device for at least the first 1-2 years, you should be OK.

I have experience with Android and the iPhone, and if you use Android for any length of time, I honestly can't think of many reasons why you would want to go back to the iPhone afterward.

RJNavarrete said:

Going to need information on this, please. What apps, widgets, launcher, icons, etc, are you using? And is this your only screen?

GatorBait said:
Wait until the new crop of Android phones with Android 3.0 and 4G capability are released in 2011. You'll obviously be running on old hardware/software by year 3, but with the hardware, 4G capability, and the ability the get Android OS updates on your device for at least the first 1-2 years, you should be OK.

I have experience with Android and the iPhone, and if you use Android for any length of time, I honestly can't think of many reasons why you would want to go back to the iPhone afterward.

Going to need information on this, please. What apps, widgets, launcher, icons, etc, are you using? And is this your only screen?
From top to bottom:

LauncherPro [obviously]
Quick Battery
SimiClock
Beautiful Widgets
OneSeven
SMS Unread Count
Icons are Colourful. I uploaded them here: http://www.multiupload.com/99WEF3YOQ3

GatorBait

RJNavarrete said:
From top to bottom:

LauncherPro [obviously]
Quick Battery
SimiClock
Beautiful Widgets
OneSeven
SMS Unread Count
Icons are Colourful. I uploaded them here: http://www.multiupload.com/99WEF3YOQ3
Fantastic, thank you. Do you happen to have a link to that dock too?

I'm a big fan of that icon pack too. Did you create them or find them somewhere else? I'm wondering if there are any more icons in that same set?

GatorBait said:
Fantastic, thank you. Do you happen to have a link to that dock too?

I'm a big fan of that icon pack too. Did you create them or find them somewhere else? I'm wondering if there are any more icons in that same set?
Found 'em. But I'm likely going to make some in the same style for personal use. I wouldn't mind sending you some... what apps do you need?

GatorBait

RJNavarrete said:
Found 'em. But I'm likely going to make some in the same style for personal use. I wouldn't mind sending you some... what apps do you need?
That would be awesome.

The only one that I would really, really want is a text messaging icon that is a world bubble similar in shape to the one in the picture below:

balloon_icons.jpg

Would you also mind pointing me to wherever you got your dock?

Pacbois

7lXTZ.png

HTC Legend on Froyo
LauncherProPlus
SimiClock + Battstat
SwitchPro

I love it, but I'm still looking for a simliar wallpaper where the white will be more visible.

womp

Stat Flow said:
^Nice Wallpaper, Is that a GB theme or have any official roms been made for 2.3?

It's the Fission 2.3.1 ROM with a new Gingerbread theme applied to it. Running on my Droid X. Installed it fresh last night and it has been flooring me all day. Runs and looks great.

anybody having trouble with z4root? My shootme stopped working so I thought hey I'll just un root then root again...but unrooting doesnt work now and I tried batt pulls and everything. I think I really just got to get away from this damn moto droid. oh also random apps are just magically disappearing :(

snacknuts

we all knew her
lbcyalater said:
anybody having trouble with z4root? My shootme stopped working so I thought hey I'll just un root then root again...but unrooting doesnt work now and I tried batt pulls and everything. I think I really just got to get away from this damn moto droid. oh also random apps are just magically disappearing :(

I rooted my Moto Droid back in June, I think, using the Droid RootKit and it has been rooted ever since without any problems. Just make sure that after you root, you don't install any OTA updates or you'll lose root. I always wait for the newest builds to show up here.

womp

lbcyalater said:

Open Superuser, choose Shootme from the list and then tell it to 'forget'. Go back and open Shootme again and allow once again, see if that helps.

zesty said:
I rooted my Moto Droid back in June, I think, using the Droid RootKit and it has been rooted ever since without any problems. Just make sure that after you root, you don't install any OTA updates or you'll lose root. I always wait for the newest builds to show up here.
damnit...the day I rooted I got the OTA update, now what?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This thread inspired me to clean up my homescreen. Thanks to everyone and a special thanks to RJ!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Edit: Nevermind, fixed.

Looks great, I'd upload mine but am not rooted and thus have no way to.

Edit 2: How'd you change the font of the clock? Mine won't let me.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Edit: Nevermind, fixed.

Looks great, I'd upload mine but am not rooted and thus have no way to.

Edit 2: How'd you change the font of the clock? Mine won't let me.
You need root. Then download TypeFresh.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ah thanks, one more, with your unread sms count, how do you use the custom icon pack you provided? Does that require root too? It only allows me to pick from 3 icon types, and not use my own.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Ah thanks, one more, with your unread sms count, how do you use the custom icon pack you provided? Does that require root too? It only allows me to pick from 3 icon types, and not use my own.
Mount your phone/sd card. Navigate to:

data > com.kanokgems.smswidget >

and copy whatever icons you want to use in there.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
RJNavarrete said:
Mount your phone/sd card. Navigate to:

data > com.kanokgems.smswidget >

and copy whatever icons you want to use in there.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I would love to see more icons like what you provided, things like twitter, gchat, etc. They are awesome.

GatorBait said:
That would be awesome.

The only one that I would really, really want is a text messaging icon that is a world bubble similar in shape to the one in the picture below:

balloon_icons.jpg

Would you also mind pointing me to wherever you got your dock?
Here are the SMS icons

sms1a.png

sms1b.png

sms2a.png

sms2b.png

Enjoy. :]

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
MarkMclovin said:
It doesn't allow me to over lap widgets?
I'm a few days late but I didn't see this answered.

Put the widgets where they should be.

A
B

Then drag A to be 1x2 or whatever. It should then overlap. You can't drag the widget on top of another but you can resize widgets to be on top of each other.

Top Bottom