• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

carlosp

Banned
CrayzeeCarl said:
How did you get your Launcher Pro widgets to look like that?! (assuming those are Launcher Pro widgets, if not, what are they?)

it is launcher pro with some modified widget graphics. you can find them on the XDA forum. Unfortunatly i dont have the right link right now.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
HBT0C.png

IDLfm.png

4FF6s.png

LauncherPro, SwitchPro, Beautiful Widgets, Pure Calendar Widget, Desktop Visualizer w/Metrostation Icons

Cant remember where I got the wallpaper

Slizz

JohnTinker said:
HBT0C.png

http://i.imgur.com/IDLfm.png/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/4FF6s.png/img]

LauncherPro, SwitchPro, Beautiful Widgets, Pure Calendar Widget, Desktop Visualizer w/[url=http://yankoa.deviantart.com/#/d312tty]Metrostation Icons[/url]

Cant remember where I got the wallpaper[/QUOTE]

Whew, I really like those icons. Gonna try em out thanks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone have any good Windows Phone 7 icon packs to use with Desktop Visualizer?

Edit: Also, is there a reason that when I try to change LauncherPro's icons it doesn't see the .ico files I downloaded?

Slizz

Deadly Cyclone said:
Anyone have any good Windows Phone 7 icon packs to use with Desktop Visualizer?

Edit: Also, is there a reason that when I try to change LauncherPro's icons it doesn't see the .ico files I downloaded?
Yeah, pretty sure it only recognizes .jpg's and .png's

IrishNinja

some really awesome recommendations in this thread, thanks guys. i couldn't find the mario live wallpaper without that link. :D

few quick questions, going from AT&T jailbroken iphone (no internet) to a nexus one:

1) my girlfriend tried installing visual voicemail, i dont think it took. we uninstalled it, but my voicemail message is still some chick saying my name and i cant undo it. i call my actual voicemail # and setup the personal greeting, but it doesn't take, its not what you here when calling me. what gives?

2) can visual voicemail be setup on AT&T?

3) i only use internet (mint, pandora etc) at work or home over wifi. they're not gonna start charging for internet, are they? i have to elect that, yeah? please say yes.

this phone is so awesome. android > iOS.

remz

6r4lv.png

seeing this on a computer screen made me realise how good my phone screen is.

pretty happy with it. even if it does yell "nerd" a little

Sarye

remz said:
http://imgur.com/6r4lv.png

seeing this on a computer screen made me realise how good my phone screen is.

pretty happy with it. even if it does yell "nerd" a little

what icon pack is that? I may have missed it but I like the look of it.

Slizz

Well spent a good portion of my day off from school transforming my Captivate. Took a little bit but making all the icons was pretty easy and getting them to fit is pretty easy too.

igvqrn.png

19v81w.png

Hey guys I'm running LauncherPro on an X10i and I need some help with the Desktop Visualizer app. Is there a way for me to make a 2x4 or 2x5 icon(vertical rectangle)? I tried making a 1x2 icon and resizing it but it looks really bad... I'm planning to make a FF13 theme
though I hate the game itself
with the main characters as icons and smaller icons just wouldn't do :D

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
So I recently bought the HTC EVO 4G. Fucking amazing phone. Anyhow, I've been messing around with it the past few days. Right now, I'm trying to find replacements for some of the stock widgets (contact, photo frame, & bookmarks widgets). Here's how it looks at the moment...

Main home
ScreenShot-5.png

Features: Beautiful Widgets, BattStatt, & Multicon Widget

Contacts & Settings
ScreenShot-4-1.png

Features: SwitchPro Widget & stock contact widget

Calendar
ScreenShot-1.png

Features: Pure Grid Calendar

Camera & Gallery
ScreenShot-3.png

Features: Multicon Widget & stock photo frame widget

Media
ScreenShot-2.png

Features: Multicon Widget, doubleTwist, Pandora, & YouTube

Bookmarks
ScreenShot.png

Features: stock bookmarks widget

Wallpaper "Earth & Moon" from Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers
EarthAndMoon_3.jpg

ShinNL

My first time showing off proper screenshots of my X10 mini. The Eclair update is awesome :)

device9.png
device.png
device2.png
device3.png
device8.png

Handcent SMS with SwiftKey Keyboard:
device4.png
device5.png
device6.png
device7.png

Using ADW.Launcher (a replacement launcher is a must since the original stock launcher only allows 1 widget per screen).
Thanks remz for referring to the icon pack, they look great!
Using the free Starlight Live Wallpaper (the clouds move).

For now I'm extremely happy with this little powerhouse.

Also hopped onto the root bandwagon, which is actually quite overwhelming at first. But it was worth it and now I got a clean device (deleted all the bloatware, including the original x10 music player and home launcher).

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Laguna X said:
So I recently bought the HTC EVO 4G.
Trust me on this, stop using any task killers and you'll get a much better battery life and overall experience with the phone.

Try going without it for a week and you'll see a significant difference.

Anduril

I've been trying to get that Beautiful Widgets clock look without the weather for an hour now and I dont know if there's been a change in the LauncherPro Plus resizing, but no matter what I do, the widget doesnt get cropped, but resized with all the content in a smaller space?!

The weather stuff just gets pushed nearer to the clock instead of being cut out of the widget. What am I doing wrong? Halp!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Anduril said:
I've been trying to get that Beautiful Widgets clock look without the weather for an hour now and I dont know if there's been a change in the LauncherPro Plus resizing, but no matter what I do, the widget doesnt get cropped, but resized with all the content in a smaller space?!

The weather stuff just gets pushed nearer to the clock instead of being cut out of the widget. What am I doing wrong? Halp!

Also wondering this, why do clock widget developers think i give a shit about the weather? I'll look out the window, or i'll be outside using my phone.

GatorBait

I just pretty much finished changing the entire look of my phone. I was on Sense before and used most of the Sense widgets, but now that Launcher Pro has a handful of scrollable widgets, I decided to take the plunge and install it.

I'm blown away at how good it is. I'm actually not sure if I will ever go back to Sense now. :lol

Wish I could take pictures for you guys, but I can't root until unRevoked fixes their Droid Incredible one-click root program.

Cindres said:
Also wondering this, why do clock widget developers think i give a shit about the weather? I'll look out the window, or i'll be outside using my phone.

I appreciate seeing the high and low for the day and then there's the 5 day forecast once you press on the weather.

On that note, I'm liking the new look for Fancy Widget. Its not just a straight copy of the Sense clock.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oh yeah, any good way to tell sense and all related apps/widgets to piss off and not run? For battery/memory and such.

Piano

Banned
Cindres said:
Oh yeah, any good way to tell sense and all related apps/widgets to piss off and not run? For battery/memory and such.
If you're rooted there's an app on the market called 'AutoStarts' - be careful though, you can end up disabling important stuff by accident.

carlosp

Banned
GatorBait said:
I just pretty much finished changing the entire look of my phone. I was on Sense before and used most of the Sense widgets, but now that Launcher Pro has a handful of scrollable widgets, I decided to take the plunge and install it.

I'm blown away at how good it is. I'm actually not sure if I will ever go back to Sense now. :lol

Wish I could take pictures for you guys, but I can't root until unRevoked fixes their Droid Incredible one-click root program.

try the app called "shootme". It works on some phones without root as well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
does anyone have an active link to the htc sense clock version of fancy widget? i cant seem to find it anywhere

Is anyone else really getting pissed off by slowing and freezing of LauncherPlus recently? I know it's being recoded from scratch - but I might bail out until it's done.

thespot84

JonathanEx said:
Is anyone else really getting pissed off by slowing and freezing of LauncherPlus recently? I know it's being recoded from scratch - but I might bail out until it's done.

I reduced the caching in the settings, hacked it to stay in memory as much as possible, and it seems to be better. It still redraws sometimes, but not nearly as much. I also don't have that many widgets (7 I think).

Running Droid 1 stock froyo rooted.

So I just bought a Galaxy and I've got a few questions.

- Is there a way to get rid of/discard the additional empty pages on the home screen?
- What are the width and height dimensions of the screen so I can keep that in mind if I wanted to make my own wallpaper?
- Is there a way to make the wallpaper in a way that it doesn't slide with me as I browse between pages in the home screen?

Thanks, guys.

Piano

Banned
If you use LauncherPro instead of the stock TouchWiz launcher there's an option to have your wallpaper be static.

Kccitystar

Anybody own a Cliq or a phone using MOTOBLUR? Just wanted to see what I could do with a phone like that since the GF has one :lol

Kccitystar

Jamesfrom818 said:
Install ADW Launcher or Launcher Pro

Is there anything she can do to make her phone run faster or has Motorola released the Android 2.1 update on underpowered hardware?

GatorBait

I would like to bestow upon you all the glory of my recently customized Android phone. What is the easiest and most painless way to take screenshots? (Yes, I am rooted.)

SimleuqiR

GatorBait said:
I would like to bestow upon you all the glory of my recently customized Android phone. What is the easiest and most painless way to take screenshots? (Yes, I am rooted.)

ShootMe.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
GatorBait said:

ShootMe. Get it from the marketplace.

GatorBait

SimleuqiR said:
iapetus said:
ShootMe. Get it from the marketplace.
Thank you!

Left two screens and center screen:

Widgets/Apps from left to right:
LauncherPro Calendar, SwitchPro, LauncherPro Facebook, Beautiful Widgets w/ white icons skin, Google News and Weather (modded to be transparent).

Screen1.png
Screen2.png
Screen3a.png

Center Screen with secondary dock (For those unfamiliar with LauncherPro: a swipe to the left or right on the dock brings up these dock icons), and the two right screens:

Widgets/Apps from left to right:
ScoreMobile, various apps with "Suave HD" icons made possible by Desktop Visualizer, Pandora, PowerAmp

Screen3b.png
Screen4.png
Screen5.png

ShinNL

GatorBait said:
Nice screens
Haha, I used the same wallpaper. I switched to something else after updating to 2.1 though, because it's hard to put white things on the snow, isn't it :p

I really like what you did to the app drawer button. Too bad ADW doesn't allow me to change that part :(

remz

Soneet said:
Haha, I used the same wallpaper. I switched to something else after updating to 2.1 though, because it's hard to put white things on the snow, isn't it :p

I really like what you did to the app drawer button. Too bad ADW doesn't allow me to change that part :(
You actually can change it with ADW, you need to make a shortcut to the app drawer, and customize the icon there before dragging it to the dock

Top Bottom