• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

RJNavarrete said:
Looks like simiclock with beautiful widgets 1x1 widget for the icon on the right.

My screen:

droid_x_home_by_rjnavarrete-d34blly.png

How do you get the simiclock and the weather to look like one widget? I feel like I'm missing something, but when I got wimiclock there is no weather, but on yours the verticle line looks like it's one widget.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
MisterAnderson said:
How do you get the simiclock and the weather to look like one widget? I feel like I'm missing something, but when I got wimiclock there is no weather, but on yours the verticle line looks like it's one widget.
Simiclock 3x1 on top, beautifulwidgets 4x1 weather below, stretch out simiclock using launcherpro plus

Is there any way to use LauncherPro Plus's stretch feature on the widget lock screen?

Edit: And how are people taking such high quality pictures of their screens?

Opus Angelorum said:
Long press on the icon > Change icon

That doesn't work. I worked out that you first need to create a custom shortcut, change the icon, delete the label, and then drag it to the dock.

MarkMclovin said:
That doesn't work. I worked out that you first need to create a custom shortcut, change the icon, delete the label, and then drag it to the dock.

?

When you long press any icon what options do you get?

EDIT

My mistake, I thought your were using LauncherPro!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
MarkMclovin said:
It doesn't allow me to over lap widgets?
You're using launcherpro plus, correct?

Also after updating LP today, my beautiful widgets 4x1 weather current weather icon is overlapping the text. Can't figure out why

JohnTinker said:

Also after updating LP today, my beautiful widgets 4x1 weather current weather icon is overlapping the text. Can't figure out why
Did you change your system font?

Jamesfrom818 said:
Power widgets on the homescreen is for chumps. Having it in your notification bar is the new hotness.
Yea dragging out my notification bar just to turn on wifi is so cool and time saving ;)

RJNavarrete said:
Yea dragging out my notification bar just to turn on wifi is so cool and time saving ;)

Aside from Fancy Widget, I like keeping my widgets tucked away in QuickDesk. I like being able to see my wallpaper.

JohnTinker said:

Ah no. ADW Launcher. It lets you resize the widet, but you just cant overlap them :(

How are people changing the font/icons on their lock screen?

So this might have been addressed but I wasn't able to find anything: Has anyone had issues with LauncherPro losing the Home screen icons? It seems almost randomly they end up vanishing and are replaced with +. I'm using plus version...

ShinNL

I finally switched to LauncherPro as I wanted that neat drawer icon that was posted earlier. After that I got carried away, but I'm done now. The result:

deviceX01.png
deviceX02.png
deviceX03.png
deviceX04.png
deviceX05.png
deviceX06.png
deviceX07.png

The SDK captured the wallpaper a bit strangely, but it looks great on my tiny mobile. Using mostly the same stuff as before, except for the following new things:

- Minimalistic Text
- Desktop Visualizer
- TypoClock (from XDA, not Market)
- WidgetLocker (not free)

If you wonder why the screens are so small: google "X10 mini". The phone is actually really small, making the themed smooth experience all the more impressive :)

Edit: I switched the Minimalistic Text widgets to Battstat and Tajm, because it almost double my battery life drain on stand-by. Too bad, I really liked that it was completely customisable and that there was a Dutch language option for it.

I had the same problem today until I realized you can scroll left - right on the bottom row, that might be the issue.

Also lbcYaLater how did you end up rooting your phone? Any help? Thanks.

iceDragon7 said:
I had the same problem today until I realized you can scroll left - right on the bottom row, that might be the issue.

Also lbcYaLater how did you end up rooting your phone? Any help? Thanks.
credit to RJ, you just download the app z4root (warning: it may void your warranty) and the temp option didnt really work for me so I did the permanent one. it does say you can revert back just as easy but I dont know if doing that will un-void your warranty lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
RJNavarrete said:
Here's a zip of all my docks. Some very nice, some ok, some need tweaking... but I didn't feel like messing with them during my lunch break :p

Enjoy.

Framed icons made by me :D

Can I get that wallpaper? And those icons? Thanks

Ephemeris said:
I need that in my life. Enlighten me!

This is a screenshot I posted earlier. I'm not sure what ROM you're running but I'm using the CM 6.1 nightlies. I think MIUI does something similar as well.

xZfBg.png

Davidion

RJNavarrete said:
Here's a zip of all my docks. Some very nice, some ok, some need tweaking... but I didn't feel like messing with them during my lunch break :p

Enjoy.
EDIT:

My latest setup:

Framed icons made by me :D

Muchas Danke. :)

I found those idroid icons but I really like the first ones you had on last page, and the same ones you have in this latest picture, and I couldn't find them anywhere. You mentioned it was called Freedom? Can you advise where to find it?

Davidion said:
Muchas Danke. :)

I found those idroid icons but I really like the first ones you had on last page, and the same ones you have in this latest picture, and I couldn't find them anywhere. You mentioned it was called Freedom? Can you advise where to find it?
I'll upload em as soon as I get home from work.

Blackhead

Redarse
Is there an mod to switch the unlock and silent icons on the lockscreen? Or even to remove the silent icon altogether?

remz

It's really... garish/busy, in my opinion. Some of the colours and gradients need to be toned down, in my opinion, then it would probably look really great.

I like the layout/planned features, however.

womp

magicaltrevor said:
You're probably the first person that would describe it as being ugly.

Nah, I have to agree. It's way too busy, as if someone was trying too hard. For instance, half the icon text in the app tray isn't even readable due to the black text and wallpaper.

Then again, what can I say? I am personally about function over form - Less is more. :::shrugs:::

ShinNL

I've learned from a designer that sometimes you have to cut down on the visuals because they will be starting to scream stuff like:
"Look at me being an app drawer tab bar!"
"Look at me being an add folder button!"
"Look at me being a delete button!"

It's too excessive. Everything has too much of a presence. I was watching the video and the whole time I kept thinking: why is that app drawer tab so huge!? Maybe it wouldn't be so huge if it was just an outline, but as it is right now it's just there, you know?

What's the point of making gradient buttons but also make outlines for all the icons (as if everything is highlighted) and also having a different style but the buttons in the dockbar. There's no theme: tabbar has diagonal sides, dockbar has these half pointy half rounded dark outlines for the icons, buttons in app drawer are sharp rectangles, app drawer icons have transparant rounded outlines for the icons. Then there's that hideous round thing at the top (2nd dockbar?) and why is the background color blue for the app drawer? The color that shows up nowhere...

The one making this clearly isn't a (good) designer.

womp

Soneet said:
The one making this clearly isn't a (good) designer.

To me it screams programmer who also has to do his own art - Know what I mean? One usually cannot do the other successfully, and vice versa.

ShinNL

womp said:
To me it screams programmer who also has to do his own art - Know what I mean? One usually cannot do the other successfully, and vice versa.
Yeah I know, but I couldn't type that because... that would kind of void my argument, since I'm a programmer...

(I know I'm a weird rare hybrid, get comments about it all the time at work places)

If you think about it it's a bit sad, because the person creating the Slick UI seems to know very well what he's doing programming wise. But I know for sure that people will not get interested if it looks ugly. Therefor it's always hard to run a 1-man show, no matter how hard you work.

Top Bottom