• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

Nothing too fancy here, just want all the characters distributed around the homescreen :D
5.png
4.png

1.png

2.png
3.png

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
OneMoreQuestion said:
Nothing too fancy here, just want all the characters distributed around the homescreen :D
[mg]http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/red-salmon/5.png[/img]
[MG]http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/red-salmon/4.png[/IMG]
[MG]http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/red-salmon/1.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/red-salmon/2.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/red-salmon/3.png[/IMG]

:O

I literally just started working on a persona themed setup for my droid. Yours is nice however. :D

Thanks :D If there's any artwork/icons that you'd like from my theme, feel free to PM me.

I'm using the Beautiful Weather widget for the weather display (with Persona-themed icons) and Desktop Visualizer coupled with Launcherpro for the character portraits.

GatorBait

RJNavarrete said:
Here are the SMS icons

sms1a.png

sms1b.png

sms2a.png

sms2b.png

Enjoy. :]
DAMN! Those look incredible. Much better than I imagined they'd look. Thank you so much.

If you make any other icons in the "Colourful" style, would you mind posting them? They are a very nice looking icon set and you've done a great job of replicating their style.

GatorBait said:
DAMN! Those look incredible. Much better than I imagined they'd look. Thank you so much.

If you make any other icons in the "Colourful" style, would you mind posting them? They are a very nice looking icon set and you've done a great job of replicating their style.
Yea I'll have an add-on set release sometime this weekend :D

Bboy AJ said:
I'm a few days late but I didn't see this answered.

Put the widgets where they should be.

A
B

Then drag A to be 1x2 or whatever. It should then overlap. You can't drag the widget on top of another but you can resize widgets to be on top of each other.

thanks for this

JCX said:
How do you get the box art for the games?

I had to download each one individually. After that I added a white border using the photoshop app. The widgets were made using folder organizer (full). It took about 2 or 3 days to set up.

Slizz

RJNavarrete said:
Don't mention it, man! :D

The dock I'm using is found here:
Gxhxg.png

My newest wallpaper:
xiuvQ.png

3U8VH.png

WtZaD.png

Could you source the background texture and battery app?

And did I read that you were in the process of making an icon pack for this theme?

JCX

IcebergSlim3000 said:
I had to download each one individually. After that I added a white border using the photoshop app. The widgets were made using folder organizer (full). It took about 2 or 3 days to set up.

Oh wow. I really want to root my phone, but my history with cell phones says my EVO will be broken within a year, and I don't want the warranty voided. Lot's of cool designs in this thread, though.

It is kind of funny how some iPhone users jailbreak their phones to make them more like Android phones, while some Android users root their phones to use design elements from iOS.

JCX said:
Oh wow. I really want to root my phone, but my history with cell phones says my EVO will be broken within a year, and I don't want the warranty voided. Lot's of cool designs in this thread, though.

It is kind of funny how some iPhone users jailbreak their phones to make them more like Android phones, while some Android users root their phones to use design elements from iOS.

You can unroot with one click and they would be none the wiser. Or just report it stolen, not broken.

stressboy said:
Oh fuck.. sorry to hear that.
Yea, so I lost all my icons, wallpapers, docks, etc. FUCK. :/ :/ Pardon my language, but this is really upsetting. I put so much work into customizing my phone to be perfect.

Slizz

RJNavarrete said:
Yea, so I lost all my icons, wallpapers, docks, etc. FUCK. :/ :/ Pardon my language, but this is really upsetting. I put so much work into customizing my phone to be perfect.
Damn sorry man. Tell me you have a replacement plan for it.

Zeppu

RJNavarrete said:

Dude, really sorry to hear, but you're like the inspiration to 75% of this thread and manage to churn out 2-3 awesome customizations by the time I do a semi-decent half-assed one. I have no doubt you'll have some new awesome design which I'll totally steal a couple of minutes after you get a new phone. [/spoiler]or will you betray us for iOS?[/spoiler]

Again, sorry to hear dude but we need you to keep this thread fresh :(

josephdebono said:
Dude, really sorry to hear, but you're like the inspiration to 75% of this thread and manage to churn out 2-3 awesome customizations by the time I do a semi-decent half-assed one. I have no doubt you'll have some new awesome design which I'll totally steal a couple of minutes after you get a new phone. [/spoiler]or will you betray us for iOS?[/spoiler]

Again, sorry to hear dude but we need you to keep this thread fresh :(
I'd never leave Android, haha. Have no fear about that. Especially not for such a limited platform. :D

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sucks, RJ. Hope you can take solace in the fact that your work inspires a good amount of us.

womp said:
What phone was it that you had?
Droid X. I only had it for about two weeks, too. :[

Bboy AJ said:
Sucks, RJ. Hope you can take solace in the fact that your work inspires a good amount of us.
I'm glad it does, man. I'll still be working on my icon release in the meantime, so stay tuned :]

womp

RJNavarrete said:
Droid X. I only had it for about two weeks, too. :[

I'm glad it does, man. I'll still be working on my icon release in the meantime, so stay tuned :]

How did it happen? I swear, my phone is in my pocket or my hand 99% of the time when I am not home.

It would be like someone kidnapping my 3 year old son.

Slizz

Inspired completely from RJ, hope all your phone problems alleviate soon.

dbihph.jpg

If anyone wants a source on the background or the icons let me know. I only made those 13 icons but if you provide me with an icon you'd like made I'll get to it as soon as I can.

This is the first theme I've had where I feel like I can stick with it awhile.

Not exactly a customization I can easily share but I just changed the lock and unlock sounds to the opening and closing of the codec in Metal Gear Solid 2. I also use the codec call for my phone ringtone and the surprised sound for notifications.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Jamesfrom818 said:
Not exactly a customization I can easily share but I just changed the lock and unlock sounds to the opening and closing of the codec in Metal Gear Solid 2. I also use the codec call for my phone ringtone and the surprised sound for notifications.
Can you upload those sounds anywhere?

kharma45

womp said:
I downloaded it from the Christmas category of the Backgrounds app.

Cheers for that too. Found it but when I use the Backgrounds app for my Hero it always leaves them very distorted and blocky looking whatever it does to the images.

Thaedolus

So I've been messing around all morning once I saw this thread, wanted to try a few things. This is what I came up with, keeping it nice and simple:

snap20101217_121434.png

Sent

Thaedolus said:
So I've been messing around all morning once I saw this thread, wanted to try a few things. This is what I came up with, keeping it nice and simple:

snap20101217_121434.png

What app/skin is that for the weather and the bar on the bottom with airplane mode etc (I forget the apps name)

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
Seconded. Also where would you even set up the lock/unlock sounds?

Your phone needs to be rooted and you need to use adb. If you don't know how to use adb, I highly suggest learning how.

Also, I got the sounds off 4chan.

Bboy AJ

Jamesfrom818 said:
Also, I got the sounds off 4chan.
I'm not trying to venture to 4chan... :lol

Any way you can upload them for the rest of us?

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I dont have a smartphone yet but are lockscreens customizeable? I have an app idea for a way to unlock, but is that locked down, or can we make unlock apps?

ShinNL

derder said:
If i give you credit to everyone that asks, can i steal everything about your latest design? :lol
Thanks :lol but I really don't need any credit, because all the stuff is made by the community. I got most of the stuff from this thread and from the xda forums. The rest was just assembly :)

For some of the stuff I forgot where I got it from myself, so I can't directly link to give credit.

Icon pack "Shiny Boxes" is from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782873
Original wallpaper (needed for lockscreen): http://soneet.com/upload/files/wallpaper-58867.jpg
Modded dockbar wallpaper: http://soneet.com/upload/files/ScrollableBlueNature.png

Found original dockbar here: http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=854&start=1790#p25202

Dockbar icons & template, scrollable wallpaper template, titles & title template, some giant icons*: http://soneet.com/upload/files/CustomX10Mini.zip

* I made a few giant icons just now after taking those screenshots, because the blurriness was bothering me a bit. However, since most people aren't Dutch, the "news" icon is kind of useless. If you want the template for the big icons I'll gladly uploaded that as well. For starters you can still put a 2x2 grid version of the Shiny Boxes icons (which I did in the screenshots).

Winamp icon on lockscreen: http://www.soneet.com/upload/files/MB_0002_winamp.ico
(Part of a huge icon pack called Metrostation).

Launcher Pro shortcuts: http://soneet.com/upload/files/launcherproshortcuts.zip
(Put these in the download folder of your SD card. After that you can assign your icons to these Launcher Pro Shortcuts and allows you to switch screens with these)

App/widget list:
Lock screen - Battstatt, TypoClock, SMS Unread Count, Widget Locker (paid)
Home screen - Simiclock, Battstatt, OneSeven, SMS Unread Count, SwitchPro Widget (paid)
Music screen - Winamp
Event screen - Android Agenda Widget
Information screen - Beautiful Widgets (paid)

All titles and big icons are created with Desktop Visualizer. Titles are 4x1 and big icons are 2x2.

Notes:
- WidgetLocker, disable all sliders and then add a custom slider. Left icon unlocks, middle icon launches Winamp (in my case), Right icon toggles interaction. Disable long press and interaction by default. This way you can't press anything by accidant, but with only 1 slide you can start up Winamp (or any app of your choice), Call and SMS. I also changed the back button unlock time to 5 seconds. I enabled the volume buttons even when locked to control my music volume.
- Simiclock, set background transparency to 140 to get the same transparency as battstatt. I also made it links to the Alarm application on click (both left and right side)
- Desktop Visualizer, remember to change the selection color to none.
- Launcher Pro, disabling the elastic effect looks better with the scrollable "dock". After putting most of the shortcuts on the homescreen, it's wise to hide these icons on the app drawer. That way it's much much much easier to find things in the app drawer (I only have 5 lines of icons in the app drawer). I use the physical home button to show the app drawer and only when it's on the home screen.
- The titles do not need actions, but I did link the Events one to the calendar, the Music one to Winamp and the Social one to TimeScape (SonyEriccson only).

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Quick update (now I'm really done for today :lol):
Winamp widget looked really out of place..
So I went all mod-style on it.
CAP201012202208.jpg

New high-res giant icons (made myself, if you want the template feel free to ask).
CAP201012202026.jpg
CAP201012202027.jpg

Top Bottom